Costumes and queues

Started by Disneycrazy!, January 26, 2014, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneycrazy!

When we went to Disney in 2011, my son was dressed in a pirates costume and we were invited to skip the queue for Pirates of the Carribean as we had a pirate in our group!
We are returning in may this year, and wondering if anyone else has had experience like this or know if it works for any other rides if you are dressed in an appropriate costume.  Thanks

It's now may and I still have no idea!  Looks as if the children want to dress up anyway so we'll just chance our luck at the same themed rides!

haribosmum

Nope not heard this before (pretty cool though)
When we went to the princess pavilion my daughter was wearing Tangled dress and we were stood outside one door and they moved us to the other so that we were meeting Rapunzel not snow white 😃
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

never2old

I've read about this before, if your child is wearing the right costume you can skip the line and usually go into the ride through the exit: so for example if he's dressed as Peter Pan, you skip the line in Peter Pan's ride, or if he's dressed as Buzz Lightyear you can do the same in Buzz's Laserblast.

I don't know if they always do it or if it's up to the CM in the entrance or what, I've never experienced it myself...

Disneycrazy!

I'd read about it before too, but my son was dressed as Peter pan most days and we never skipped the queue to peter pan (although thinking about it maybe there wasn't much of a queue) - so we were taken by surprise when we were directed the back way through to the pirates of the carribean ride.  To be honest, I thought we'd get there and the ride operator would laugh and send us to the back of the line, but they too commented on the pirates costume and promptly sat us on the front seats of the next car to come in!