TV channels in hotels......

Started by pialykke, January 02, 2014, 10:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pialykke

I just had a thought... When we went in 2012, we were surprised at the lack of English tv channels at the hotel. I think it was only Disney XD that was in English. Our kids loved Disney Junior then (and still do to a certain extent - they are 6 and 7 now) - but Disney Junior  was only in French...!!
Have they got more English channels now? (Not that we will be sitting in the room watching tv all the time obviously... But the kids like to watch a bit in the morning and again when we get back in the evening.
They are not into shows like Pair of Kings or The Suite Life on Deck etc. but like to watch cartoons.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

bad-pink-tink

That was one thing we didnt do last week, turn on the tv, lol. If your kids like watching cartoons in the morning, my advise would be to bring a laptop or portable DVD player and bring your own DVD's for them.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

aquacat2

I have thought this when I have visited before, it makes a sense to but I can imagine it being a logistical nightmare to get all those channels set up (although once its done its no problem). Also considering the amount of languages they need to cater for it could make the channel list a bit to long for a hotel TV!
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

pialykke

Yeah, I know what you mean... But just to have English as well is a good start I would think... Still, as I said, we aren't there to watch tv.... Just something that bugged me last time we went, as neither of us speak a word of french.... ;)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

aquacat2

I know the feeling :) I'm trying to learn French at the moment and finding it hard!
Did you submit this as feedback to DLP? They do read feedback given
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

pialykke

Yes I did put it in the feedback. :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Rapunzel1

I really thought there would be a channel with just disney movies. But no. Just a channel with a girl telling allcthe highlights of disney. Funny to see once but all day long the same  ??? . My four year all liked it though. The tv was horrible. Luckily we brought our  i pad so the children could play a game and watch a movie. We do not spend whole days in the park. We go back to our room occasionally to relax and swim.

irishbhoy1888

This bugged me too ,  this should not be an issue for Disney at all !! They own the stations.
Even if they put some movies onto the system they are using or something.

pialykke

Yeah, that would be really cool actually - a disney movie channel... Just imagine (God forbid) someone got ill whilst there - and had to stay in bed all day - with only french channels to watch.....!!! I would go nuts!  :P

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Thaliel

Quote from: pialykke on January 23, 2014, 11:05:16 PM
Yeah, that would be really cool actually - a disney movie channel... Just imagine (God forbid) someone got ill whilst there - and had to stay in bed all day - with only french channels to watch.....!!! I would go nuts!  :P

this happened to me on my very forst trip back in 1996, I was feeling sick and spend a whole afternoon in our room. Back then, there was one channel that would whow disney movies, but only one movie per day, and only in french. So even though I knew little french back then, I was almost able to recite all of Arielle in French
<-Plz click

SwipatronSparks

its worth pointing out for the grown-ups on the forum that we found that when we stayed in the explorers hotel in march 2013 that when cbeebeeis (sorry i dont know if thats the right spelling) finishes their shows for the day (i dont have kids so i dont know what time that is again im sorry) the channel that its shown on begins broadcasting BBC1 in english, I didnt check or notice if that happens in the disney hotels or not though (we kept disney channel on the whole time we where there :P

ps. i apologise for going slightly off topic, but as the master post is about english tv channels i thought it was relevent
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....