Terrorific Night cancelled for 2013

Started by Kristof, August 05, 2013, 11:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SVioletS

Ahah i wasn't sure where it was! Thanks for the correction! It was too over the top for me... not that i would go there, but it didn't sound Disney at all!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

ed-uk

I think a big over the top Disney fantasy way is the best way for DLP to celebrate Halloween. After all if it can work for the ever popular Tokyo Disneyland it should be successful at DLP. And after the last few days DLP could do with some good publicity.  :)
By the way that was an interesting picture of Shanghai Disneyland, Kristof i'm looking forward to seeing more pictures from there as the park goes up. It will be interesting to compare it to the other Magic Kingdom Parks and from what I've read it will be quite different.
Ed & David

Voyeur65

Just caught this, real shame, we went to 2011 and 2012 (we both in our late 40's) and loved the events, looks like next year U.S trip is a definite for the Universal's Halloween Horror nights (florida) or Knotts berry Farm's Haunt (California) as the UK dont just do it right yet (have you tried the london dungeons halloween!! nothing to write home about). Just means less money going into the bank of Disney from us and many others.

dejmurph1

I am really disappointed that DLP cancelled this event this year, the resort needs this sort of attraction to cater for teens and older visitors who want to experience something a little more gown up. The reason given by some that Disney had cancelled because they thought it too violent and not in keeping with all things Disney clearly have not seen what Hong Kong are once again offering its older guests.
Link to You Tube Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6PbmIA6Q-w  not an under 5 in sight!!
and also see http://disneyandmore.blogspot.ie/
I really hope that DLP revisit this decision and give us back Terrorfic Night for next year.

ed-uk

The Hong Kong Disneyland video and the Disney and more blog don't look much like Terrorific Night in the WDS. I agree that DLP has produced a more Disney cute Halloween than HKDL. Most DLP fans would be happy to see the Halloween parade from HKDL in the WDS, including myself, but that's not what DLP cancelled.
Disneyland is for adults and not just children, they don't have to make Halloween macabre to prove the point.
Ed & David