Space mountain 1 or 2?

Started by mary, August 02, 2011, 09:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick89

Well, everybody has his own opinion ;) For me, the queue is pretty great, because off all the details, also inside (if you just look at the ceiling...), the nice view on Frontierland in parts of it, the music...I really like it. But of course, too long waiting times get on your nerves everywhere ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

JelleP

I uploaded two videos to YouTube. They're both interviews with Disney Imagineer: one in English with Tim Delaney and one in French with Philippe Burgaud. Both of them have been recorded for the inauguration of the first Space Mountain: de la Terre à la Lune. Enjoy! ;-)

[youtube:2dhwmq92]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAF4PxTaxs0[/youtube:2dhwmq92]
[youtube:2dhwmq92]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXtSVNURri4[/youtube:2dhwmq92]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Patrick89

Already the background music is so great, it is a shame all of this has been replaced with a ridiculous supernova...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

TheCoasterFun

It's a shame really. The fact I've never experienced the first version really makes me upset. I never understood why they changed the theme from a wonderful, inspiring story of men travelling to the moon into a weird vague edge of the universe theme without a story.

esmeralda

Quote from: "TheCoasterFun"It's a shame really. The fact I've never experienced the first version really makes me upset. I never understood why they changed the theme from a wonderful, inspiring story of men travelling to the moon into a weird vague edge of the universe theme without a story.

I absolutely agree with you, although i know Space Mountain from the very beginning! It was so much BETTER back then!!! I miss the old music score soo bad!! What a pity :cry:
Julia

TheCoasterFun

True, the music scores yes. Disney used to make scores for rides that where so fantastic and so beautiful for their rides. I mean, look at the original score of 'de la Terre a la Lune'. I could hear it over and over again, yet never getting bored. The new rides their scores are getting more 'hip' and 'techno'. There's nothing wrong with the music for Mission 2, it's just that it doesn't even give me a bit of a Disney feeling.

Ezra

I've only been on Mission 2, I was too scared to ride it when I was younger and it was Mission 1. Now I really wish I had gone on the ride. I love Space Mountain, it remains my favourite coaster along with DLRP's Thunder Mountain. I also love the music. But I do wish it was still Jules Verne themed.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

perrollaz

Stellar way, score and theming was so much better. You really felt as a space traveller. I really hurts to see how mach magic is lost with Mission 2.
Maybe we should open a croudsourcing and fund the construction back to SM1 by ourselfes  ;-) (same I would do to bring back the water system at robinson tree :-)