Characters October 2011 - SEEING DOUBLE

Started by jenniedisney, October 19, 2011, 05:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenniedisney

HI EVERBODY!

Just got back from a week in DLRP.
I have a couple of concerns.

The BIGGEST one being with regards to the characters. Obviously, being halloween the villains were out in force, which they aren't usually most other times of the year.
However, on many occasions i was seeing double.

I would stand (not deliberately the first few times) in frontierland, with a view of the castle stage. I saw that the villains show was happening. All the villains, captain hook, queen of hearts, maleficent all onstage dancing. If i then stayed put and turned my head to Phantom Manor.......THERE WERE THE VILLAINS AGAIN! Come on Disney you don't usually make mistakes like that! It happened on many occasions.
And once, during the OUAD parade, during the floats interactive stop, the jungle book float was near caseys corner/ entrance to adventure land. Just inside adventure land at the new meet n greet, there were RAFIKI AND TIMONE. Now this one wasn't as bad, because technically i wasn't seeing double, but nevertheless could potentially be confusing!!

Has anyone else noticed this?

My other concern, is during this visit we saw MANY mice and RATS running around the park. Particulary in adventureland. Sometimes it was after dark, but other times it was broad daylight. HMMMMMM maybe a problem there?!?!

xx
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property

Martin B

The villains meet and great in conjuncton with the villains show was badly organised at times.

However, they were obviously trying to limit the chance of seeing double. We were going to the 3pm show, and at about 2:55pm Dr.Facilier came over to Cruella and said they had to go to the show. But they were completly different people who were on stage.

It was a bit odd.

Martin
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

littlemermaid83

This was a tricky one to explain to Kyra.

We arrived on a Sunday when the Halloween show was happening and obv Dr Facilier was on stage, I at that time was taking Kyra to Frontierland to see Dr Facilier as I had arranged, luckily Dr Facilier had a great excuse to tell her because she believed it. She never question it again.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

caspdex

Last year said good-bye to Sleeping Beauty in the Auberge, only to see her again in the castle courtyard outside, that woman can move!!!!!!Maybe Flora ,Fauna and Merryweather gave her a hand.

alternativerock123

I've noticed this on many occasions.

The recent one was during my last trip in August - we queued to meet Aurora in the morning and then went to Auburge about an hour later - who we saw, however "another" Aurora - and when she asked us what we did - just just looked at her like; "Umm, we met you."  But we just said meeting princesses. LOL!

Same with the New Generations fesitval last year, we saw the hub show, and by the time we walked from the hub to the entrance- Tiana and Naveen where going their meet and greet under the gazebo. lol
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

never2old

We had that yesterday, Dr Facilier was by Phantom Manor AND on stage at the same time... But he's got friends on the other side, so who knows... ;)