The Phantom's Calling! The Unusual Activity of Thunder Mesa

Started by DisneyManiac, October 24, 2012, 09:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

From my last trip to Thunder Mesa.

So, here I am! I escaped the clutches of the Phantom, yet again! But on the first day after an hour wait to leave the English Terminal we whisked off to France. After checking in to the lodge went to the good ol' west, to check out the Lucky Nugget when it went downhill and changed into a table service. We got our food like it was school dinners, in plastic brown trays! A mouse seemed to make itself at home! (And believe me! It wasn't Mickey!) When I was munching away at my cheeseburger I noticed something, the lights upstairs started to flicker! This was weird, because those lights were on the side that faced towards Phantom Manor! This wasn't a one off! It kept happening every minute or so! And not to mention the lightning effect outside the Manor itself! Then it hit me! This has to do with Frontierland becoming Halloweenland during the Halloween Festival! Have you witnessed any other spooky going-ons?

Kristof

That's Melanie standing behind the window. It's like that since 1992. The flickering lights outside are for Halloween.

DisneyManiac

No no! It was inside the Lucky Nugget Saloon that there was flickering lights! Not the Phantom Manor itself!

Josh

In that case, it was probably just faulty lights. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DisneyManiac

But that's what I thought! But it wasn't the way the lights flickered that you could tell that it was meant to happen! The pattern of the light almost going out was different every time! We were talking about at the counter as we saw it upstairs the Cast Member at the counter teased us saying it was ghosts. Anyone who is in the Resort, please check out to see if the lights upstairs facing towards Thunder Mesa road AKA Phantom Manor are flickering, if they don't just keep staring if they don't flicker after 5 minutes then give up. If they do please say!

DisneyManiac

Server is down! Cannot post! Forbidden!

EDIT: No worries! It just doesn't let me post certain things! Error 403 Forbidden!

DisneyManiac

Happy Halloween! Have a spooktacular day!

Ezra

The Manor has extra effects for Halloween but I doubt the rest of Thunder Mesa does. I mean... its only the Manor that's haunted right? o_o I don't think Thunder Mesa is as far as I know. ^_^;

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

Festival Disney

I was just scrolling through Facebook and to my surprise this was on the Burger King page of all places  :P
Some very strange happenings indeed if we have phantom burgers wandering the halls...
Can you spot the whopper?  :lol:

From Burger King on Facebook
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Ezra

Okay that's random... I wouldn't of expected the Manor to appear on that particular page. o_O

DisneyManiac

Has anyone been to the Lucky Nugget Saloon during the Halloween Festival?

Ezra

Just wondering; does the Manor return to normal during the Christmas decorations or does it have anything added to the outside for this season too? Pretty sure that Frontierland doesn't get changed for Christmas though... am I right? I haven't visited DLRP at Christmas before.

perrollaz

@Ezra It is back to normal

DGRavenswood

Parts of Frontierland are decorated for Christmas, particularly the interiors of restaurants (and of course Santa Claus village at the Critter Coral site)... Phantom Manor is unchanged, however.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Ezra

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"Parts of Frontierland are decorated for Christmas, particularly the interiors of restaurants (and of course Santa Claus village at the Critter Coral site)... Phantom Manor is unchanged, however.

Thanks for the info. :)