What is your favorite ride at Disneyland?

Started by Ole Vidar, October 27, 2010, 07:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Vidar

What is your favorite ride at Disneyland and what makes the ride so special to you?
If someone whould ask me, I had to say that I couldent just pick one!
Because there is so meny of the rides that aply to me in different ways!
Pirates of the Carribean and Haunted Mansion is the atractions i have visited the most.
I`l never get tired of riding them, because you step inn to a magical world and live everything else behind.
These atractions are magical, and I always end up by singing "Yo ho Yo ho a pirates life for me" and humming to the Haunted Mansion song for meny days after i have returned back home!
Peter Pans flight, Snow white scary adventures and Pinocchio is also wery magical to me, I love going on these rides as you are floating thru these magical movies. I would wery mutch want to se more rides of classics made in these way.
Star Tour is also a big time favorite, but i would wery mutch like to se an upgrade on this ride!
Space Mountain,Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Indiana Jones is also wery god rides, that always make my adrenalin go sky hi!
All in all, i love almoust every ride as mutch, but i would have to say that Pirates, and Haunted Mansion is closest to my heart!

What do you think, who is your favorite?

dagobert

My favorite attractions at DLP are, like yours, Pirates of the Caribbean and Phamtom Manor.

The theming of both rides is just great and both have a wonderful story to tell. Disney has never made better attractions than these two rides. I fell in love with them when I first visited DLRP in 2000. When we visit DLRP we have to do PotC and PM at least once a day. Without them it isn't a Disney day for me.

I also like SM, BTM, Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White, Star Tours and Buzz a lot, but they will never reach PM and PotC. I can't wait to ride them again.

captain rocket

Most definitley Tower of Tower! Never had a bad cast member there, they all get into the part so well and each time I ride I stil get that "sinking feeling" when the doors close! I agree with the comments about the Disney classics like POTC PM and BTM, but it has to be Tower of Terror every time for me, so roll on Saturday when I ride it at the Terrorific Night2!!

lauramumof3

pirates for me, and peter pan. i love em all tho. and ive never been on star tours yet and ive been 12 times!! must go this year!
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

sebassah

Quote from: "lauramumof3"pirates for me, and peter pan. i love em all tho. and ive never been on star tours yet and ive been 12 times!! must go this year!

Try Star Tours then, you will love it and they might turn it to star tours 2 'soon' (somewhere within the next 8 years).

My favo attractions are Phantom Manor, Tower of Terror and Big Thunder Mountian.
Up till 2005 Space Mountian was my favorite... we all know what happened after that...

Sulley

DLP - Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz

WDS - Aerosmith, Cars, Crush

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Pirates of the Caribbean for me - from the queuing area, the music, the magnificence of the actual ride and music - it's just perfect. It's also a nice warm place to go when it's cold and wet outside. As much as I like the films, I actually like that they haven't yet gone down the route of adding characters from them, like they have in WDW.

After that it's Phantom Manor, Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast and It's A Small World.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

RnRCj

My favourites at the moment, in order

1. RnRC   (this one drops a few places when the effects don't work :twisted: )
2. Phantom
3. Tower
4. Big Thunder
5. Pirates

The old Space Mountain before the retheme used to be up there in second place...... now it's somewhere near the bottom of my list :-"  :lol:

loladelorean

I love thrill rides so my favourite is Tower of Terror! Not only is it exciting, but it has the amazing Imagineering and best cast members in the park.
Honourable mention to Big Thunder though, without a doubt the most fun ride in the parks!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Ole Vidar

Im in with that RnRCj!
Space Mountain use to be so mutch better before the upgrade if!
I will call it a downgrade!

sebassah

Quote from: "Ole Vidar"Im in with that RnRCj!
Space Mountain use to be so mutch better before the upgrade if!
I will call it a downgrade!

Same here! I hope they will bring it back one day! Especially the music!

I wonder though what is your favorite Fantasyland Darkride? (or should I start a new topic?)

Dolph7800

Rock n Roller Coaster for me. Awesome ride, great queuing area too along with the Aerosmith Studio video section. The Countdown at the start gets me going everytime.

Other favourites are Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain (for repeat rides) and Buzz Lightyear for a laugh.