people judging

Started by jackieann, October 09, 2010, 01:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyloverjessie

haha, this happens to me all the time.. it really annoys me!!
this is how my conversation gos:

Friend: are you going anywhere on holiday?
Me: yep, Disneyland, im soooo excited
Friend: What in America?
Me: no paris
Friend: oh, thats boring, you should go to America
Me: I've been, but i prefer Disneyland Paris anyway :)
Friend: Right.. so you've been to DLRP before
Me: Yes, 10 times!
Friend: why?
Me: because its sooo good
Friend: Right.... *gives weird look*

hahha. seriously, this is practically every time :/
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

jackieann

Hi all

Just wanted to post my latest, just happened and i am so wound up!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

after telling a friend of my hubby the latest prices for disney in july and oct next and seeing the reaction and judgement i am just so annoyed!!

He said if i have been somewhere once its o.k twice o.k but wouldnt want to do it a 3rd time!!! this coming from a person who goes to the same place on holiday every year, IT IS THE SAME thing.  

Why can people not just say oh thats expensive (which i have to say it is) and leave it at that.  

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

dagobert

At first we had to deal with the same reactions, but now our friends know that we like to go there and they son't say anything anymore.

We don't go to Disney that often, we try once a year. We go on holiday three times a year, one week skiing, one to two weeks we visit other countries and one week we go to Disney. So our friends can't say that we don'T want to see something esle.

lauramumof3

and its worth every single penny to see thier faces light up!
a woman i knew kept asking about it and how much it was and how she would love to take her boys but its so expensive blah blah but then took them ski ing every year and plenty of nights out for her and hubby. Now they are 20,  17 and 12 and too old to start going- it would have been far nicer to take the youngest when he was then only 6. I know that you are never to old to go but it would have more magical for them when they were younger. anyway i bet she will never go now and shell keep going back to the same places.
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

strawjaw

I get judged about going to Disney too - but the people that know me really well, kind of understand it now.

It does annoy me however, when I'm told to start saving so I can go on a beach holiday with friends - if I have money to save, its being saved for a Disney Holiday with my family, not for a beach holiday with 'the girls', that I won't enjoy, and besides, I don't want to go on holiday without my little girl!! (These are obviously child-less friends - who don't quite understand why I wouldn't possibly grab the chance of a child free holiday)
To me, a holiday wouldn't be the same without my family - and I'm lucky that my husband shares my love of Disney, and that he doesn't want to holiday anywhere else either. =)
Our daughter doesn't stand a chance - she HAS to love Disney as much as her Mummy and Daddy.. ha ha (But it does help that she's a big fan too)
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

treble

there was me thinking it was just me with friends & family like this. i've had them all-it's too expencive (apparently a bottle of cola is at least £5! ;) ), it's not in america :roll: , it doesn't have a beach or happy hour bars, ect... a work college has been promising her youngster for years & still books the beach. the most critical was my sister. i think it ircked her that her younger, single mum, sister could do it & she hadn't. she came with us on our last vist & loved it. they want to go back again! i even had a relative of another work college trying to argue with that florida was bigger! after asking him if it really mattered i had to walk away. (the fact that he ran off with his wife's niece tells me a lot about his opinion). i just tell people don't knock it until you've tried it & don't believe everything. my daughter and i have been 4 times and enjoyed every minute and that's all that matters to me.
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

simonrtaylor

I have been to Disney Florida for the last 5 years and loved every minute, but due to rising costs this year we are off to DLP for 4 nights, 5 days in 2 weeks time, and can not wait for my first taste of a different disney experience.

But once booked and people ask where I am going - the normal repsonse -Why you going there again??  Won't you ever grow up??  Disney is not for Kids, Disney is the ultimate holiday destination, and I cant wait for my Disney paris experience, infact I am already considering a repeat trip to see the xmas decorations in december 2011!!
Si
Orlando - 88 - Orlando - 98 - Paris - 98 - Kissimee - 05 - WDW All Star Movies - 06 - WDW All Star Sports - 07 - 08 - Music - 09 - Cheyenne - 11

tubbsy

We go every two to three years and its saved hard for.
I think we get the same reaction as everyone else "Why are you going there again??" Because we love being together as a family and cant lay around on a beach-same as everyone else here!
Someone said to me last year that they had spent the same amount of money on an all inclusive for her and her son and he had access to holiday clubs and she could go and do what she wanted-but theres four of us, all we had to pay for was a light snack for lunch and if we compare photos-we havent got a hungover or smashed out of our heads look on our faces.
Why work all year, not seeing your kids to then take them on holiday and stick them in a holiday club?
Rob still talks of last summer's holiday and I know what hes talking about because I was there with him every step of the way  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

littlemermaid83

People have given up asking me where I plan to go on holiday because they will know the answer is. Nowadays I get asked when are going Disney again.

I personally don't care what anyone thinks anymore, Disney is a part of mine and my Daughters lives.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Terkina

Someone asked me yesterday what are you going to do in Disneyland for 3 days?  What is there to do when you have your wheelchair with you?  I couldn't do anything else than answer that the rides I want to do is no problem riding even if I have my wheelchair with me in the park.  A lot of thoughts went through my head.
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

alternativerock123

People always comment on my love for Disney, which because of my age (18) people think I'm mental or that I have a problem or something, which is really offensive. All because I have a passion for all Disney.
Some of my friends just pass over it, so if I keep mentioning about my previous trip or the new trip coming they just smile and some talk to me about it.
Other people in my classes just don't understand - some do comment but I just let it pass over me.

I'm glad thought I have a few friends who also love Disney (not as much as me though  :P  ) so we can all talk about it.

Also, I hate it when "the other people" brag about how they've been to WDW and other Disney Parks, and they say "You should go there instead" but 1) I can't afford it and 2) Yeah, I will one day, but I love DLRP at the moment. =D
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

disneyloverjessie

most annoying thing ever today!
it was my first day back to school after our half term break in which i had been to DLRP. Im 14 and i went with my brother who is 17 and my mum and dad.
my friend asked me if id had a nice half term and what did i do, so i replied i went to disneyland. and our conversation went like this:
her: why?
me: its amazing
her: its for little kids
me: not really
and then someone else joined in
him: do you have any younger siblings
me: no i have a 17 year old brother
him: that is so sad
me: how is it
him: your meant to stop going to disney when your 5
me: where did you get that from, a vast majority of families are older
him: doubt it
her: exactly why would you ever want to go to disneyland at this age?
they then get about 5 other people involved in my class who all agreed its for little kids and is really sad that i went to disneyland.

and then the most annoying thing ever was that i found out none of them have actually ever been to disney!!
god i hate some people.
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

treble

sounds like they were jealous. obviously they had nothing to write home about last week so decided to deflect their sad life. if it's true that u don't go after 5 then why does my daughter's school include a day there in their year 8 french trip. apparently it's so popular it's first come first served.
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

strawjaw

Since when was anyone too old for thrilling rides, and great entertainment??
I agree with Treble - they're obviously jealous that they not only had a boring half term in comparison, but they've never experienced Disney for themselves.
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

gldc

Quote from: "alternativerock123"People always comment on my love for Disney, which because of my age (18) people think I'm mental or that I have a problem or something, which is really offensive. All because I have a passion for all Disney.
Some of my friends just pass over it, so if I keep mentioning about my previous trip or the new trip coming they just smile and some talk to me about it.
Other people in my classes just don't understand - some do comment but I just let it pass over me.

I'm glad thought I have a few friends who also love Disney (not as much as me though  :P  ) so we can all talk about it.

Also, I hate it when "the other people" brag about how they've been to WDW and other Disney Parks, and they say "You should go there instead" but 1) I can't afford it and 2) Yeah, I will one day, but I love DLRP at the moment. =D
Exact same situation as me. But I'm a guy so people think I'm even more crazy. Latest convo went like this:

Me: So Im going to Disneyland Paris!
Girl: OK....you told me before but I thought it was a kid that told me and I'd forgotten it was you.
Me: *walks away*
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com