Owain's London + Disney Trip, 18th - 23rd October.

Started by Owain, October 18, 2010, 12:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Should be sleeping now but im too excited.
Getting up at around 6 to have a shower and then pick jake and crystal up and get the megabus to london.

We are spending a day and night in london. Wake up at 4:30am the nextg morning for our eurostar to lille then changeover to tgv to disneyland !

Im so excited ive never been before during halloween.

Im going to finish packing now. Speak when i get back !  :D

Oh and in london if anyone want to follow me i will be tweeting away and facebooking.

Twitter: OwainJames
Facebook: www.facebook.com/owainhuntley

Cendrillon

Jealous! Hope you have a great time :)

kelly.dylan

Have fun, might see you at MNSSHP on friday ;)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Soap

Have fun dude!  :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

Fingers crossed everything goes ok given all the strikes. Thinking of you.
since 2001 (many before that)

Owain

Thank you everyone !

IM BACK !

After an amazing 5 day trip to DLP.

London was amazing but was excited all the time that tomorrow we were going to DLP.
Hotel Cheyenne was great, lovely new flat screen tvs !
I dont know when the breakfast system changed but i like how we could choose times for breakfast each morning !
Unlike in Jan where we were given a set time for each day.
Also they gave us a complimentary breakfast on our last day, saturday in plaza gardens !  :D

Eurostar was perfect getting to lille and was amazing how fast it goes.
Trouble when we got to lille as our train 10 train was cancelled and we arrived around 9 for the hour gap before our original train. The next tgv was 1:30, so we walked around lille shopping centre for the 3-4 hours. It was dissapointing but at least there was a place to go for the wait.

The worst part of the trip was the tgv. There were people with booked seats and people whos trains were cancelled and told to sit any where. We first sat down in a cart, and were in peoples seats so moved. We moved to another set of seats and sat down and stayed there. Crazy how many people were trying to get on this train. At CDG we moved as we were in peoples seats, only to across our original seats. But we arrived in Disneyland 10 minutes later. So we got there about 2:30 - 3:00pm. A bit gutted as we were suppose to arrive at 11am.

Disney was amazing all week everday. Did literally every attraction and most of them 4-5 times. Weather was cold but dry all week accept saturday which was quite cold but rainy and very busy. Nice and warm when the sun came out !. Loved the TSPL rides!.

On the last day we checked if our tgv was running and it was so we spent most of the day in the park left 4:30ish and went through the village, then hotel, then back to the station. We found out then that our tgv was delayed and we would not make our eurostar. And thanks to a big help from eurostar they put us on the direct train at 7:30pm for free !

This is a short summary of the trip, i will make a better photo report later  :D

ed-uk

" Disney was amazing all week everyday. Loved the TSPL rides." Hooray. Great to read some good news. Thanks for posting.
Ed & David

Adam

Sounds great - and fantastic to hear Eurostar put you on the direct train! Great service!

Looking forward to a full report. :-)

SophieD

Glad you had a great time at Disney Owain!!
Can't wait to read/see your trip report!!  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Soap

Can wait to see "proof" of this energetic first report Owain!  :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

jamieclayton9

I am glad you had a good time bud!!  8)

I also cant wait for your trip report. It sound like you had a great time :-)

Owain

Does anyone know where is the best place to upload alot of photos, easy and quickly. aorund 200-300 ? maybe more ?

Thanks  :)

never2old

Quote from: "Owain"Does anyone know where is the best place to upload alot of photos, easy and quickly. aorund 200-300 ? maybe more ?

Thanks  :)

I used to upload them to Picasa, it was quick and you get plenty of free storage!