Requesting tips for a 1st time pin trader on Halloween!

Started by Cheshire, September 22, 2010, 06:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheshire

Hi everyone! Im really pleased to have found a board full of Disney fans and pin traders.

Im travelling out for Halloween and I can hardly contain my excitement, can you give me your tips how to have a great trading experience out there and what to look out for? Im planning on taking an ebay grab bag of pins to trade, should I take a few UK LE's aswell?

My travel dates are 31st Oct - Nov 5th including the Halloween night. Is there anything pin related going on during my stay?

All input greatly appreciated! ^___________________^

simonandwendy626

:stitch_bounce:  :hello:

Well you lucky thing. Going at that time of year will be awesome me thinks! I don't know if there will be any events then because they are having a pin trading day on 2nd Oct :cry:  But if you are there for the weekened there should be some traders about.
Definitely take some LE because there could be some special pins still floating around from the event.
As I tell everyone you should always hit the following shops first thing and last thing during the day.
The Emporium in mainstreet is usually where the pin board is if the weather is bad. Ask at the till near the pin wall and they should be able to tell you when and where the board will be.
The Kodak shop is good for trading with cast members.
The pin station near the Gibson girls ice cream parlour is a favorite haunt of local traders on weekends.
Keep your eyes peeled when around the park for cast members.

In the studios the store on your left as you enter the park is good for traders. As is the store inside studio one. There is a small store, more like a pin station near TOT which normally has a permanent board.

Don't be afraid to say no to the french traders if they get pushy whilst trading. There's only a couple who can be awkward.
Most are really nice as are the cast members.

Hope you have a great time and if you see Stitch give him a hug for me :stitch:

Have a Disney day and welcome to the forum and feel free to look at our pin collection and traders. Our PIN Pics ID is the same as our forum ID

Wendy

dlrpmad

i dont think you can get better advice than this! Im still quite new to pin trading, as i also have never traded in the parks. So i may steal some of those tips, especially the locations.

So to add to that, if your unsure about ANYTHING ask the Cast member.

Also i have been told that on some of the CM lanyards that there are the pins from the booster sets seen in the shops, so if you want the set make sure you've checked the lanyard, you know just in case!

About the pin trading day pins, you may be able to still pick them up. I have a friend who is in Disneyland Paris right now and she has just got pins for last easter and the Villains Christmas pin event, so the should out there!

Another nice thing to look out for when over there is framed pins. These can be found in: Harringtons(Main Street, Disneyland) and Art of Animation store( in the big hat after the attraction in the studios). These  are beautifully made and are usually LE!

Thats all for me, i will be there soon enough (10 days!!) and i hope you have an amazing trip!

Sean
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Cheshire

Wow that really is awesome advice! thank you so much, it seems like that is EVERYTHING I will need to know! Im going to have to write it all down.

I have a few Uk Le's ready for trade and a 100 pin lot from ebay ready for the trip. Most of the pins i got in the lot were really nice there's about 10 that are kinda bad tho, bit embarrased about trading them lol

Im so excited about going back im actually nervous!

loladelorean

Hi guys! My sister and I are going to DLP in less than 4 weeks (yay!) and have never pin traded before. We are not massive collectors, we only have about 30 pins between us and a lanyard each.
I was wondering what the lanyard etiquette is? If you go around the parks with pins on lanyard, is that you saying that you want to trade those pins? Because some of my pins are special and I wouldn't want to trade them, but I've just got them all on there atm.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Masamune

It's best to only have on your Lanyard pins that you're willing to part with. :) Some Cast Members like to choose which pin they trade off you, so you would have to show them your lanyard in that case. If you had pins on there that you don't want to trade, it could end up being a bit awkward.

You should just leave your current keepers at home I think.

loladelorean

Quote from: "Masamune"It's best to only have on your Lanyard pins that you're willing to part with. :) Some Cast Members like to choose which pin they trade off you, so you would have to show them your lanyard in that case. If you had pins on there that you don't want to trade, it could end up being a bit awkward.

You should just leave your current keepers at home I think.

Thank you, that's what I thought. Yup I'll leave some of my faves at home I think! But we like the idea of trying to trade, never done it before.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

fly_with_me_dumbo

Hi, also remember its 2 trades per day with a castmember so if you see 3 on there you like make sure you get someone else whose with you to trade for the extra one, dont miss out :D
I check the sets that are for sale, then when i mamage to get a couple through trading i set my self the challange to get the full set :D