Christmas 2010 in the Studios

Started by DisneyBoyke27, September 03, 2010, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyBoyke27

On the small christmas site again no word about the studio's.
I really hope they bring more christmas decorations and other christmas items in the studio's
because it's really sad there, never get a christmas feeling in the studio's.

pussinboots

I suppose there is a chance that the Imagineers, overseas or otherwise, have incorporated Christmas decorations in their designs for Toy Story Playland. Oversized ornaments, that sort of thing. (The oversized Christmas lights are already in place.) I certainly hope so, because indeed, Christmas at the Studios has been one depressing affair so far.

I just hope the "Christmas market" and its glorious archway won't return.

Riebi

Quote from: "pussinboots"its glorious archway won't return.

That´s so sweeet that you directly named the most romantical part of the studios christmas  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I really hope they understand that also the studios need a proper christmas overlay. It´s so hard to see this "We do our very best and we tell you: From season to season it will be better and better" christmas with all this sad looking things.

I need a BIG tree, I need snow, I need a hollywood christmas!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Enchantment!

Columbiad

Quote from: "pussinboots"Enchantment!

My god, that thing is ugly! That is pretty disgraceful. That is by far the worst thing I've seen Disney do.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "Columbiad"
Quote from: "pussinboots"Enchantment!

My god, that thing is ugly! That is pretty disgraceful. That is by far the worst thing I've seen Disney do.

I agree, you would think with all the glitz and glammer of Hollywood they could come up with something better
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

giselle

Oh no, I wasn't able to go last year, but am going this December - is that the best they can do! C'mon Disney get the glam out for a hollywood Christmas feeling

15MagicalYears

That is truly disgusting, the studios have so much potential to pull of a glamorous, hollywood style christmas. I hope this year is better.

ICHAPMAN

If you believe everything you read - then the French based DCP forum is suggesting that €200,000 was put aside for Christmas Lights/Decorations at WDS this year.

Whether that is True, Rumour, Fact or Fiction remains to be seen.

never2old

I always find the decorations in the Studios rather sad, particularly after coming from Disneyland where everything's so beautiful and magical.

Of course the Studios are already less magical, but there are still some areas that could be nicely decorated. Why they don't make better use of the Hollywood Blvd, for example, I'll never understand!

Timbo

That picture of the "magical arch of dreams" just shows how bleak the Studios  are in winter ! I never mind Disneyland Park in the freezing cold , as it always looks so beautiful , but the Studios have all the appeal of standing in a Tesco car park on a cold December morning !! Those bare trees should be covered in decorations or lights , lets see what happens this year  :D

Donald-Duck-Malta

Hey guys!

Anyone know if the (B) Walt Disney Store in the front lot is going to be transofrmed into a christmas shop like it was in 2008? Or is it going to remain teh same this year? :twisted:

RiverRogue

The area closest to the park's entrance is currently being decorated for Christmas (along with parts of the DV Disney Store and the Emporium). I'd guess it'll remain limited to that room.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "RiverRogue"The area closest to the park's entrance is currently being decorated for Christmas (along with parts of the DV Disney Store and the Emporium). I'd guess it'll remain limited to that room.
Great news!thanks :D

MissDisney

Quote from: "Timbo"but the Studios have all the appeal of standing in a Tesco car park on a cold December morning !!

Congratulations, that comment just made me laugh out loud and choke on my sandwich!!  =D> Brilliant. Although slightly worrying as im going for my first DLRP xmas next month........ :shock:
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" Walt D

"Noooooo touchy"

Hotel Cheyanne 2007
Hotel Santa Fe 2008 2009 and 2010
Experienced Halloween, MNSSHP, Christmas and Summer!