Magical Moments Festival (2011)

Started by Disneydavid, August 24, 2010, 06:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneydavid

This will be the new festival of replacing the NGF. This festival is just ONE YEAR and then there will come something news... thats all i know!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

PetiteSirene

I hope its like the year of a million dreams that was in WDW. The excitement of being handed out VIP fastpasses, being asked to be the grand marshal in the parade or even to open the park! We got handed out instant fastpasses whilst we were there which was amazing... Though I am sad to say I never saw the shows :( we didnt have enough time. To me Magical Moments in Disney are all the nice little extra things that Disney do to make your day especially special :D

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Patrick

To me this sounds like yet another themed year that does not really add anything at all.  Personally I would rather have an entertainmentless themed year and more just on Disneyland being Disneyland.  After all the 20th Anniversary is not far off, then again the 90s did have a lot of themed years and it seemed to work, maybe I am just being overly pessimistic about a marketing campaign.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "Patrick"To me this sounds like yet another themed year that does not really add anything at all.  Personally I would rather have an entertainmentless themed year and more just on Disneyland being Disneyland.  After all the 20th Anniversary is not far off, then again the 90s did have a lot of themed years and it seemed to work, maybe I am just being overly pessimistic about a marketing campaign.

Im with you on this one, it would be lovely to see the park as it originally was without a festival of any sort but I guess the way finances are they have to do something to attract new guests.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Aveen2008

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"I hope its like the year of a million dreams that was in WDW.

I was thinking that too...although they don't really have the funds to put on something as good as WDW.

It's hard to get excited about themed years when every year since 2007 has been themed lol
Luv Aveen xoxo

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Aveen2008"It's hard to get excited about themed years when every year since 2007 has been themed lol
Thats exactley how I feel!   :)  
As long as they don't have any tacky decorations in the park, I'm not that bothered.
It will be quite interesting to see what sort of "Magical Moments" that they can come up with  :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Columbiad

Although, as much as I am apprehensive about ANOTHER themed year, "Magical Moments" doesnt sound ndearly as garish as MMP or NGF.
Saying that, DLRP can prove me wrong.

Columbiad

Eh, no it isn't.

SPAM.

disneyrules

Hopefully this festival will focus more on classic Disney films.
Because NGF is all new disney.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

RiverRogue

From what I hear, it will include a large variety of Disney films and characters... and fortunately it looks like the color scheme will be more classic than the past few years.

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "disneyrules"Hopefully this festival will focus more on classic Disney films.
Because NGF is all new disney.
I hope so too... and if that is indeed the case I may postpone my trip till next year!! :)

\":lamp:\"

mattboywonder

I thought (and hoped) they would have skipped a year on the theming in order to save money and build up for the 20th anniversay
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008