Pin Meet in Scotland????????

Started by dlrpmad, February 09, 2010, 01:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpmad

With Sam and Emma having their own pin meets, I was thinking of putting my own pin meet together in Scotland!!

The thing is, i'd have to have enough people coming and I think there might, as I haven't heard of one in Scotland. When Sam's has been and gone, and the success that come with it, i will ask around to see who (in Dundee) who'd go.

Please tell me what you think!!!!!
Thanks, Sean
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Belle's World

Hi Sean,
I wish i could go but Scotland would be too far for me. I wish there was one in Essex, but then i don't know how many people would come to that.
Ro

bensmum

Don't have many pins but am in Scotland and would like to come along to meet some other disney fans and learn more about pins-I'm Edinburgh based

Dorsetcandy

Hiya Sean
Would be good if meets happened more often in diff parts of the country!I will always try and make them as i'm so addicted to trading! :D
 I know Emma has a trip planned to Scotland later this year also over on Facebook some members of UKDPT live in Scotland(Yvonne & Laura) there may even be more my advise is sort out ur date/time/meeting place and just put posts everywhere online(or get one of us to do it if u need bit of help) and i'm sure u will get a few turn up!
 Just over 2weeks to go until our pin meet nr Exeter exciting stuff!! :D/
 Good luck and if u wanna chat about anything pm me i'll always be happy to chat/help out any way i can..even if i can't make it on the day!

dlrpmad

It's good that you would try and make it to a pin meet up here Sam!!!! I will probably have it July/August time in Dundee (cause thats where I live lol!!!) I will bring my sis Catherine along as well, as she likes to pin trade!!! I got her hooked lol!!!!!!! I will be buying lots of traders for my birthday so i will be stocked!! I will give out more info about May/ June time, when I ponder when and where I should have it!!

Thanks everyone for contacting me so quickly and I will be putting a lot of thought into this!!!!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Welsheeyore

Hiya Sean

we are up in August - and I am going to Dundee store on Sunday 29th August :) (this is what you call advance planning) - so if it happened to be on that day we would all def be there - we are up in Lossiemouth the week before you see and only having one quite night in Dundee before going up and then driving home on the Monday 30th

will keep my eye on what you plan xxx

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

dlrpmad

That's got to be the most forward planning I have ever seen!!! I was going to have the pin meet in my summer holidays, which is from about 1 July - 15 August. I could have it on the 29 August, but i will have to see what happens!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Welsheeyore

that is why we are coming end of August cos you lot will already be back at school and ours arent lol :)

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

dlrpmad

hey everyone again, i was going to just forget about my pin meet but now im getting money!! So I would like like to start this up again and i like to know who'd want to go.

I was planning to have more than a pin meet, something like the mousemeets, with karioke, dancing and all round disney stuff. Id love to make it a snowglobe meet as well, as my mum has loads of them but I dont think people would want to cart about their snowglobes half way round the country.

so yeah please tell me if you'd want to come!!
Sean
101% Stitch LOVING!!

bensmum

I'd love to come but would have to pass on the singing!

dlrpmad

HAHA i dont mind , just as long as people have a great time!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

loladelorean

i'm in Scotland but don't have a pin collection *sob sob* i have a few that i liked but have never done trading. planning to buy more on my trip this november though!
so id probably not come to the first meet as got nothing to bring but if goes well and there are more i would come along. I'm in ayrshire, near glasgow.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

dlrpmad

Loladelorean, you should come along anyway!! I might not trading that much myself as I'm saving some trades for dlrp! I'll try and get like some trivia set up and stuff , maybe stuff for kids as well I don't know yet! I'll just see how many people wanna come first!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

loladelorean

ok well post when and where it is and if i can come i will try my best! :) my sister used to collect pins but hasnt for a while, she has a lanyard full from florida in 2000 and 2003. hmmm wonder if any of them are rare....
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

dlrpmad

Oooo do post pics! I should be able to find out how rare they are! It should be in august (sometime) and I would be in Dundee as that's where I live!
101% Stitch LOVING!!