Disney's Fantillusion! (1995-2012)

Started by Festival Disney, June 04, 2010, 01:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Incredible pictures!! :D

Festival Disney

Hey guys, this brilliant video of Tokyo Disneyland's original 1995 production of Disney's Fantillusion! has just appeared on YouTube! If you want to see how this awesome spectical should be performed, take a look!
Back then it was less of a "parade" and much more of a "streetacular"  :D
[youtube:10a9zmxa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJprS_Ws6Y8[/youtube:10a9zmxa]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Thanks for the video, but I think I have already seen it a year ago. I have only watched the first 10 minutes, but it looks familiar.

Fantillusion was so much better in Tokyo. Another proof that that TDR is the best Disney resort around the globe.

Why did DLRP cut so much? But I have to admit that I like Fantillusion in Paris, too. It's the only nighttime parade I have seen, despite Spectromagic at WDW. That's a really bad parade.

Festival Disney

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the video, but I think I have already seen it a year ago. I have only watched the first 10 minutes, but it looks familiar.

Fantillusion was so much better in Tokyo. Another proof that that TDR is the best Disney resort around the globe.

Why did DLRP cut so much? But I have to admit that I like Fantillusion in Paris, too. It's the only nighttime parade I have seen, despite Spectromagic at WDW. That's a really bad parade.

I did post that actual video when I opened this thread (it was in three different parts), but the guy's account got suspended soon after I opened the thread so I had to change them to different videos. Now that it's back (and in one long video), I think all should see how great this beautiful pageant once was!  :D

Why did DLRP cut so much? I think it came down to a range of reasons... some floats were too wide or too long to manouvre our smaller parade route. But we surely could have had more than 12!! Tokyo DL's parade route is mamouth compared to Paris' so it had the capacity for 31 floats all at the same time.
And, mainly, budget. Could you really imagine a parade of that scale at Paris?  :P
There were 160 performers in Tokyo's version... our parade has around 40 (probably less). Plus, you have to remember drivers, parade shaparones etc...
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Thanks for the answer Festival Disney!

I'm sure that cost cutting was the main reason, but I didn't know that the parade route at TDL is so much bigger.

Festival Disney

Fanti update: Maleficent is now mask-less. She now "speaks", just like she did back in Tokyo! Much better in my oppinion!  :thumbs:

Source: Pixiedust.be
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Lorum

Every day I am more pessimistic about this resort's entertainment (shows and parades) offer. This is not going to change.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

coruscantpt

Here is a vid I made July 14th. The fantillusion Parade was having problems, like one float missing (the butterfly) and only one show stop. Also the floats were not moving smoothly.

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfut26spmaE
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Festival Disney

Found these on ebay, just though I'd share it  :P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disneyana-Fan ... 43a7fd25f9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disneyana-Fan ... 43a7c97b50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, my latest YouTube discovery. Even though the person doesn't film the showstops, Fanti was just so amazing back then! Wish I could have seen it  :(
[youtube:1u5n5ymo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-j9PIEgeQ8[/youtube:1u5n5ymo]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

tink30

I'm going to be at disney for the start of the halloween celebrations, I've heard people talking about fantillusion at halloween, is this just for the party on halloween night?

AusMouse

I'd also love to see Fantillusion but I don't like my chances. Does anyone think it's likely to be playing Tues/Weds nights over the xmas period in November?

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "AusMouse"I'd also love to see Fantillusion but I don't like my chances. Does anyone think it's likely to be playing Tues/Weds nights over the xmas period in November?

Although I think it hasn't been confirmed officially it is very likely that Fantillusion will be performed each night during "Disney's Enchanted Christmas" season (7th November 2011 - 8th January 2012), like it has been in the past years.

AusMouse

Quote from: "Nicolai"
Quote from: "AusMouse"I'd also love to see Fantillusion but I don't like my chances. Does anyone think it's likely to be playing Tues/Weds nights over the xmas period in November?

Although I think it hasn't been confirmed officially it is very likely that Fantillusion will be performed each night during "Disney's Enchanted Christmas" season (7th November 2011 - 8th January 2012), like it was in the past years.

Fingers crossed! I had assumed it wouldn't be and that way I wouldn't be disappointed. We shall wait and see. It's either that or I will be forced to dress myself in Christmas lights, mouse ears and parade myself up Paris streets to compensate. Again. It's a hard life.  :-({|=

lubynoo

I LOVE it. It is so magical and gives me goosebumps every time. My big bug is the stops for ages I could never see all of the badies at once so I was running back and forth to get them all on video haha and the princesses is so lovely when they stop. My son adores it and the lights are really soothing for him I will be so sad if it is not on this christmas season and even sadder if they lose it forever. I hope they bring back another illuminated type parade and don't ditch it all together.

Elaine

I've never been in the right place to see any of the Fantillusion floats "change". I've heard outside Walts is good to see Jafar's change, and I vaguely remember Maleficent's change being in front of the Castle? Any other ideas for a good spot to watch Fantillusion to see a good "change"?

Thanks,

Elaine