March 15 - 18 2010 (updated May 18th)

Started by kmara, March 27, 2010, 02:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmara

Second Day – Tuesday

We slept in until about 6.45 am and got ready for breakfast, which opened at 7.30. Since I could spend hours at breakfast with no kids to take care of, I would have liked it if it started at 7, but it was okay like this, too. We were 5 minutes early and so I took some pictures of the room in front of the restaurants and the bar. We were among the first people to be seated and had a table at the window going out on Mainstreet Station and the Mainstreet behind it, right across from the buffet. And I tell you, breakfast was out of this world! They had all you could dream of and prepared in such a nice and perfect way, with lots of love for the details. We enjoyed this wonderful meal with a wonderful view! Today was my husband's birthday, by the way.

At about 8.15, we left and headed to the park for Extra Magic Hours. We did Peter Pan, Buzz and Space Mountain and just strolled around to take pictures, since it was almost totally empty.

At 9.15 we decided to go back to our room quick (since it was on our way) and then to the Studios, as we wanted to beat the crowds for Crush – well, it didn't quite turn out that way as you'll see:
We were at the gates at 9.30, and queues have already started to build. There was a nice, proper queue behind every turnstyle; about 20 people in each line. We decided to queue on the far right, what turned out to be wrong. The park did not open its doors until 10 am. The queues had grown really long until then, but still more or less organised, even without any fences. When the park opened, all uf a sudden there came at least 70 people passing us on the right and pushing in right at the turnstyle! It took ages for us to finally enter the park and I was so angry, I tell you!
Once inside, we passed Studio 1 and when we came out, the line for Crush was only 20 meters away from the doors of Studio 1, no fences or CMs or anything who would organise or watch the scene.
Well, we got in line, but I could hardly believe it, always people coming and pushing or sneeking in further up front and nobody supervising!
We made some progress slowly, and while coming a little closer, we saw that the shells were still going around empty, and it was 10.20 at least by this time. I don't know if they had some problems or what the reason was. We talked about leaving the line and enjoy some other attractions before the crowd start to build up, but then we didn't. We got to ride Crush shortly before 11, and it was a great ride as always! I just love this Coaster and so did my husband, since it was the first time for him. The queueing time of 1.5 hours alltogether first thing in the morning is just hilarious. But as dicussed many times before, what could you do about it (except a single rider line)?

To be continued... :-)
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

kelly.dylan

Your trip sounds great so far and the photos are lovely too!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

SophieD

Great Trip Report so far!!
Sounds like you had a good time :)
Can't wait to read more!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

tubbsy

Loving your report-Foood obsessed that I am-Wow! Look at that breakfast! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Annet

Lovely report!!!

I also missed PotC on my trip, I'm going to ride it twice as often on my next trip :P

kmara

Day 2 part 2:

After our ride on Crush's we skipped ToT and went straight to RnRC. We didn't have to wait long to ride it and it was very exciting, especially the start, as always. I thought the ride was very bumpy though, I reminded it to be much smoother.
We went on it again and afterwards, I wanted to check out the new interior of the Backlot Express. Well, the salad was good, but the surrounding.... I don't know. We sat down in the Pirate's section, but it didn't really thrill us. So we had a quick bite to eat and left.
We then went on ToT for the first time for both and it was fantastic! The themeing, the building, the CMs, the atmosphere and the ride itself are brilliant! And I love the souvenir shop and ToT souvenirs! I bought a bell for my brother as a souvenir.
I wanted to see Animagique then, since we haven`t seen this before and we really liked it! The effects look great and it must be very difficult to act in the dark and in a costume like Donald's or Mickey's.
We then left the WDS and went to our room for a short nap before we went back to Disneyland Park and enjoyed all the different rides and lands.
We ended up in Frontierland where we wanted to have a bite to eat, since I booked Café Mickey's for 8.45 pm, and it was still a couple hours to go. Although closing time was over an hour away, all the restaurants in Frontierland were already closed! There was a sign next to the door of the Cowboy Cookout saying it would be open until 7 pm, but it was already closed.  Disappointed, we decided to ride BTM and PM again and then grab something in Main Street on our way out of the park.
After a rest in our room, we went for Café Mickeys at 8.45 and had to wait for about 15 minutes before we were seated upstairs. We made our choice  and while waiting, about 3 or 4 characters were wandering around, visiting each table. We had a lot of fun with Captain Hook and Chip (or Dale?) before our food arrived. It was okay, but unfortunately not hot anymore. That was too bad, but I think that the best and most delicious food is spoiled when it`s barely warm anymore.
We finished and left the (noisy) place to have a beer at Billy Bob`s before we went back to our room to call it a day.

DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida