Captain EO returns to Discoveryland - now closed

Started by The Butlin Boy, April 10, 2010, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "Patrick89"One day, we'll wake up and all go to Discoveryland just to see that they have returned De la terre a la lune and le Visionarium overnight, because [strike:avu33375]Ebenezer Scrooge[/strike:avu33375] the head of TWDC was afflicted by the ghost of Jules Verne the night before ;)

That would be fantastic. Then they just need to add ST II as well and I'm a very happy man.

Thaliel

I actually found the visionarium very boring...and our camera was stolen in the preshow room once. You just stand around and watch a movie...meh, Buzz' lasers are way more fun
It is a pity Captain EO is closed, and we are happy that we could see it back in october.
<-Plz click

Patrick89

Quote from: "Thaliel"I actually found the visionarium very boring...and our camera was stolen in the preshow room once. You just stand around and watch a movie...meh, Buzz' lasers are way more fun
It is a pity Captain EO is closed, and we are happy that we could see it back in october.

I think nobody doubts that Buzz is really funny, but as was said before, it just doesn't fit in Discoveryland.
By the way, you complain about Le Visionarium being just a common movie, but you like Captain EO? Paradox, isn't it? ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Spacepilot

You are right, they should place Buzz in the Studios and bring back Visionarium. I love the Jules Verne theme!

But if I had to choose Captain EO or Visionarium, it would be Captain EO. It's just great!
It's a shame they closed it and nobody knows what will happen with it, no replacement in sight. But they still advertise it on the Disneyland television program as one of the key reasons to visit the park.

Josh

I always liked the idea of having an Audio-Animatronic hosting an attraction. Maybe the circle vision would be a bit dated now, but they could come up with something else.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Sulley

When booking our trip for October the other day in the travel agents, the sales woman was on the phone to Disney and said "Hold on I'll tell them" turned to us and said " you do know that captain eo is closed"

This made me laugh as would anyone go what and change their mind because a 20 year old and dated ride is closed?

CafeFantasia

Fans of Captain EO should definitely check out Captain EO - The Complete Experience, a 6 track album that you can download for free from E82:

//http://epcotlegacy.squarespace.com/special-releases/2010/11/29/the-complete-captain-eo.html

perrollaz

Hi All
I know when asking about ride closures in the far future it is a lot like fortune telling ;-)
But as I have seen during the last monts, the have Caption EO open from Saturday until Tuesday.
Any indication if it will be the same schedule in early june 2013?
Thank you in advance for every hint!

Martyn

Is this topic title old, or is it really closing in April?! (please be true....)

Anthony

Quote from: "Martyn"Is this topic title old, or is it really closing in April?! (please be true....)
It's old! (I had to check myself...)

If anything the attraction seems to have had a bit of a resurgence with its operating dates over winter. Has anyone seen it lately? What were the audience numbers like?

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Martyn"Is this topic title old, or is it really closing in April?! (please be true....)
It's old! (I had to check myself...)

If anything the attraction seems to have had a bit of a resurgence with its operating dates over winter. Has anyone seen it lately? What were the audience numbers like?

I saw it back in December. It was roughly half full (or half empty) and it was just as dire as the last time I watched it back in 2011  :idea:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

perrollaz

I saw it mid december 1/3 full.

bad-pink-tink

CAPTAIN EO IN DISNEYLAND PARIS IS NOW CLOSED

Captain Eo closed in Disneyland Paris February 2013. It is still running in Disneyland California, DisneyWorld in Florida and in Disneyland Tokyo
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

perrollaz

It's closed but not shut down, maybe during high season it will reopen for few showings?

bad-pink-tink

I just checked the calendar on the official site for July closures. Captain EO is still closed.

I have not heard anything about it reopening anytime soon.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016