Disney Films on TV

Started by Anthony, July 29, 2006, 12:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:D What an excellent report! I loved the on-board footage of Space Mountain Mission 2 and the Buzz ride, they both looked brilliant! :) And considering how short the report was, they managed to show/review a lot of different things...

:lol: It only would've been better if that Laurence guy was doing it instead...

Dlrpfan

i thought it was AMAZING! although they could have mentiond a little more on halloween but still it was great!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kris

Love the report. Best one I've seen in AGES! Although filmed in October, it really makes me want to go and the colours really were amazing. Why cant Disney (known for colourful movies) film their parks in the same way? lol

I love how the report uses the official music from the parks too - instead of usual cheesey tunes from movies or the ever-annoying "dreams can come true" song - can't remember the name, but must be something similar. The official shots are cleverly mixed in to the BBC footage as well. Seamless... almost  :D

I uploaded the video earlier for those who didn't/couldn't see it. At the moment it's a .flv file embedded in a page to test the response to the format - just so you understand the randomness of the layout there lol.

http://www.media.thedisneyfamily.com/

P.S. What the hell is "Disneyland Los Angeles"? I'm sure they just mean California  :P
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

Thanks for uploading.

About the colours, the camera crew cleverly used a gradient filter and a polarisation filter on their camera's, so the sky comes out better.  

Footage from the people inside the attractions is always filmed by Disney camera's (Flor, correct me if I'm wrong).

Kris

LOL, yeah those gradient filters are so popular now and kinda easy to use, though very expensive still. Saying that, the basic shades of orange, pink and everything else really have come out well too (made better by the sunshine of course).

I'd imagine DLRP is set up with camera mounts/lights for on-ride footage as simple attatchments to the rides would be better than each TV company working out how to fasten thir own minicameras. This would encourage the programme to show more of the attraction than they would otherwise display... I guess. It also takes the risk out of using the cameras for both DLRP (they can insure themselves knwing it's safe) and the TV company (who probably wouldn't bother getting the shots if the camera is likely to fall off mid-ride lol).

I wonder what the arrangement is with using Disney video shots/music/graphics. I know presskits are available, but how long would the process (of agreeing to film in DLRP to using some of their material) take do you think?

Has anyone else recognised friends/CMs in the video?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

disney_dudette

hey! Thay are making Pirates of the Caribbean 4!!!!!!!!! :D  But there are rumers that they may be killing off Orlando Bloom as Will Turner!!! :cry:  :evil: They said that the Jack Sparrow And Elizabeth Swann haracters are Nesarry but Will Turner isn't nessary!!! O MY GOD!
HE can die! He is hot hot hot hot....
 :-({|=
 :tink:
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust

Kristof

That's not a tv alert, is it?  :wink:

Martha86

I was flicking through Sky the other day and saw a feature on Paris but there was a part of the programme when the presenter was at Disneyland. She said something along the lines of 'If you want a break from the city, why not visit the Disneyland Parks for a day. They're not as good as the American ones but to keep you occupied for a day, they're alright'. She basically tore it to shreds and commented on the lack-lustre parades, too many children and over-priced merchandise! It made me laugh because that certainly won't encourage people to go there!!!

CafeFantasia

Hey, I'm glad someone managed to record that Holiday report on Halloween 2006 at Disneyland Paris. It's got some great footage in it. The BBC have got their technical skills down.

BUT, why does the presenter say "there are no age restrictions on this ride either, which is a bit of a pity because I was hoping that I might be too old", referring to Laser Blast?  What's the point in visiting Disneyland Paris if you have no desire to ride any of the attractions? I wonder what the Imagineers would think of her comment? They've spent years creating this ride, and some presenter from the BBC goes there to do a report on it, yet has absolutely no desire/interest in riding it.

And when she got off, she, well they didn't give any review/rating of the attraction. Just some shots of her two boys arguing with each other.

seanmartina

She is a news reader in northern ireland and she has a dry sence of humour, she said the same about space mountan as well, saying she wished she wasnt the right height, she wasnt putting it down, she was just a little scared and didnt know what to expect,  she didnt mean it in a way that she couldnt be bothered...

RnRCj

Quote from: "Alan"Hey, I'm glad someone managed to record that Holiday report on Halloween 2006 at Disneyland Paris. It's got some great footage in it. The BBC have got their technical skills down.

BUT, why does the presenter say "there are no age restrictions on this ride either, which is a bit of a pity because I was hoping that I might be too old", referring to Laser Blast?  What's the point in visiting Disneyland Paris if you have no desire to ride any of the attractions? I wonder what the Imagineers would think of her comment? They've spent years creating this ride, and some presenter from the BBC goes there to do a report on it, yet has absolutely no desire/interest in riding it.

And when she got off, she, well they didn't give any review/rating of the attraction. Just some shots of her two boys arguing with each other.

I think she thought it was a scary ride - that's why she said that.

CafeFantasia

Ah ok, if she thought Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast was a scary ride, then that makes sense. I guess she hadn't done any research and had no idea what type of ride it was. So I forgive her.

Still, they really shouldn't send cynical adults to do reports in Disneyland. What a waste of money. If you're gonna send someone, send someone who enjoys theme parks, enjoys simple pleasures and is a child at heart.

Riebi

TV-Tip:

Mo, May, 28.:

10:20 Pro 7: Disney Filmparade

In this Disney Filmparade there will be the third part of the "How to make the Once upon a dream-Parade". After the scetchtes from part one and the castings in part two we will now see how the parade floats get build.

After the Disney Filmparade ther will be a Disney Film called "Zwexies - Die Zwillingshexen" in german
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Dlrpfan

Well i suppose this sortta fits into this topic
I was watching yesterday the hugly popular US house series extreme make over home edition and found that they had got special access from bob igar too have the magic kingdom park all to them selves
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

BBC One is filling its schedules full of Disney over Christmas, there's so many films! No less than Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Tigger Movie, The Santa Clause, The Princess Diaries 2, Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl, The Santa Clause 2, Finding Nemo, The Jungle Book 2, Spy Kids, It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, Home on the Range, Herbie: Fully Loaded, Monsters Inc, Spy Kids 2, George of the Jungle, Piglet's Big Movie, Spy Kids 3, Ice Princess, Three Men and a Baby, Snow Dogs, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Three Men and a Little Lady, The Pacifier, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Ladder 49, Sister Act 2.

Phew. Disney just pocketed a lot of our license fee!

>> Times

Lucky it's Christmas really, the TV schedule is awful...