nemo`s summertrip 20th to 22nd of July

Started by nemo1981, July 24, 2010, 05:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo1981

Howdy folks!

The long awaited summertrip is over now...:-(...but it was great!!!! My boyfriend Eric and I(Daniel) had a wonderful time, well maintained attractions, perfect wheater and very friendly cast members.It was my 8th trip there and my boyfriend`s second.
There were some downsides, but they didn`t really matter to us.

DAY1:
We left Vienna at 1:30 and arrived at the Resort at 5.

We slept at the Cheyenne( which is my favourite,beside the Disneyland Hotel) and everything there was perfect. The guy at the reception was very friendly and helpful. Our house was "Butch Cassidy".The room was clean and even the TV worked,which was not the case on our last trip. The whole area of the Hotel looked very well maintained,the houses looked shiny and colorful. The room itself would need a bit of refurbishment(wallpaper coming off,there was a hole in the wall behind the curtain and the TV looks very 80`s...),but those were minor things,that didn`t bother us.

Then we walked to the parks and had a burger at Mc Donalds on our way( the place was crowded).

First we headed for Disneyland Park.( I could never start my trip at the Studios;-)).
We did Pirates of the Carribbean and then Phantom Manor. Both rides were in great shape!!

The riverboat was already closed for the day and so were some other attractions. This I have to say is quite bad. The staggered opening hours are not a very good Idea. After 10pm(because of the closure of Adventureland and Fantasyland) hardly any ride is open.So what do you do,if you decide not to queue for Fantillusion?And another thing is, what if a ride ride breaks down at 8pm,where there are not all open anymore?? That happend to us. Big thunder Mountain broke down for about an hour. And the riverboat being closed.That`s not Disney magic!!! And it`s main season,one pays a looooooot of money(especially,when you`re from a german speaking country, cause we don`t get the special offers here...:-(), so that was one downside, but we didn`t allow it to change our disney mood.
The showtime spectacular is a great show, both of us really enjoyed it with ben and jerry`s ice cream in our hands:-).
Fantillusion was wonderful as always, I liked the changes they did,especially that tinkerbell has her own float. I also was never a fan of the 3 Stops, got boring after the second(at least I thought so:-)).
And the Fireworks were amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know we always complain about,that they are not allowed to use big bangs, but that didn`t matter at all. The enchanted fireworks are so well timed,that it really looks like a disneymovie in the Sky. It´s definitely my favourite fireworksshow there( and i`ve seen a lot there, including the Millenium-fireworks newyears eve 1999-2000)...
After that we were reeeally tired, so we headed back to Cheyenne...

DAY2:
After breakfast we could still enjoy a bit of extra magic hours. And a big surprise waited for us. Space Mountain was open!!!! It was scheduled to be closed on the 20th and 21nd, but obviously,they were done with maintenancework earlier! I was sooooo happy, Space Mountain will always be one of my favourite rides!!! It was a bit bumpy,I know a lot of people here complain about that, but I still find it veeeery enjoyable!!!

After that we headed over for Walt Disney Studios and the Park was already very crowded.
By the way both parks were very,very busy. At all the main attractions you had to queue at least 50 minutes. Even at Pirates, and I have never waited longer than 10 minutes at Pirates of the Carribbean.(Although I mostly go to DLP during main season)
So one side of my brain went:"soooo many people,I don`t want want to queue,that`s no fun"....and the other side of my brain said:"yay soooo many people, that means there is a chance that our beloved Resort will one day make a profit:-)"....I guess,that was a sign of being a real and true DLP-fan...or should I say freak?....:-)

The attraction in the Studios were all great( although TOT broke down for about two hours).
The last ride at the studios that we did that day was the Studio Tram Tour. And ,I`m sorry guys but this ride just sucks!!! Where`s the magic??? Everything is so uninspired and weird. I never liked this ride. It pretends to allow  you a look behind the scenes, but there is nothing to see....And it`s getting worse, on our trip none of the screens were working properly. So that leaves you with a ride through the woods with pseudo-props of movies that noone knows.....Zero points for this one!
Well and Toy story Playland???? ugly,ugly ugly....The track of the RC Racer and the green Tower they both look awful.
I don`t know, maybe the theming in the land is quite nice, but from the outside is not very Disneyish....
Those were the two downsides there. Sorry not to mention the good things,but all the other rides were reeeally great and we had lots of fun. Especially ToT and RRC.
At around 3 we headed over to Disneyland Park and had food at Fuente del Oro and it was very good! The price was reasonable and it was enough. I really think they have improved,when it comes to food within the parks. I was used to not getting good food and not enough food for a very high price.But this time it was the other way around. Wel done DLP.

After food we did some of the smaller rides and then Peter pan`s flight. Oh how lovely this attraction is. I looove it.
Also the labyrinth was great. Everything looked shiny and new and the effects were also working!! Very nice experience!!
So, now let´s talk about Capatin Eo....WHY?????????????why???????????? I was a huge Michael Jackson fan at the age of 16, even saw him live. But despite of that I think it is not good. The whole thing is sooooo outdated, The 3D-technology is sooo old,that my eyes started to ache after 5 minutes and I couldn`t focus. The movie itself also seems very tacky from a todays point of view.There were hardly any effects and the movements of the floor seemed to be very uncoordinated and weird. Although the Parks were really crowded half of the attraction was empty.After having seen a movie like Avatar in a regular movie theater, this attraction can`t be taken seriously, even for a huge MJ fan like I have been once....at least that`s mine and my boyfriends opinion....:-)

In the afternoon we sneaked into the Disneyland Hotel and pretended to be rich:-)

The rest of the day we did some of the rides we had already done and enjoyed the wonderful "Magic Kingdom"-mood....And the day ended with the great fireworks...:-)

DAY3:

Since it was our last day, we were at the gates at 8am and enjoyed extra magic hours. It was lovely to have the chance being in the park with not that many people....

We had our breakfast at Plaza gardens after the magic hours and it is great, that one has the chance to do that!!!
On this last day we basically, enjoyed the Disney magic,strolled around in the parks,had some ice cream and rode some of the rides again.At Stitch live I was the space prisoner!!!! He kept calling me crazy Daniel from Vienna, we enjoyed it very much.
We also finally got the chance to do the riverboat attraction. It was lovely, except for the geysirs!!!! that looks ugly,when its not turned on!! But I think, that`s an old story......Same thing with Captain Hooks ship!!!! Not very Disney-magical....
At 5 we left the resort and drove back to Charles de Gaulle....We were very tired, a bit sad, but once again full of wonderful Disneymemories!!!!!

norhel

The parks don't looks to crowded I must say.
And a tip; I see some of the pictures you've planned to show us, the link for those aren't correctly put between the tags :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

nemo1981

Thanks for the tip!! Most of the pictures were taken during the morning hours, thats`s why it  doesn`t look that crowded, but believe me it got reeeeally busy around twelve o clock....

norhel

Quote from: "nemo1981"Most of the pictures were taken during the morning hours, thats`s why it  doesn`t look that crowded, but believe me it got reeeeally busy around twelve o clock....

I've suspected that :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

tubbsy

Great trip report! I love the idea of sneaking into the Disneyland Hotel and pretending to be rich! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club