Princess Tiana meet 'n' greet

Started by littlemermaid83, September 30, 2009, 10:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Don't forget the Queens and Gaston are real face character- Gaston is one of my favourite villains in the park as he is hilarious! I have footage of him preening himself in front of my camera during Halloween a few years ago  :lol:
Its not always possible to have real face characters but where they can its great  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Soap

Don't get me wrong, i do like the face characters, but where's the line in or a face or a mask figure?
Just like to know it, if anybody even knows this ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

tubbsy

:lol: I just had this image of someone working for Disney casting running up to somebody in the street-"You've got to come and work for us! You look exactly like Hook/Jafar.... Ursulla!"...  The closest I'd get to being a face character would be Ursulla! :shock:  :lol: I am soooooo her twin!  :P
I hadnt even thought about it you know. Where/how do they make that decision?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

alaina82

They advertise for face characters in The Stage newspaper in the UK or on the Disney Casting website. They give the height restrictions and characteristics and if you fall in that category you can attend an open audition. Its the same for all the face characters...Prince/Princesses, Tinkerbell (my height range) and now Dr Facilier. The audition for his was in the last 2 papers and the audition for him was on Monday or Tuesday this week i believe. They hold auditions all over the world so they will have loads of opportunities to see people who look like the characters they need....on our audition day the people they liked for the Prince/Princesses were taken off for hair and makeup that day to see if they were suitable. Its amazing what makeup can do cos some of them (girls) looked like theyd been Tangoed!!!
If you get accepted but dont fit a face character (like me) then you do the skin characters, ie Mickey, Minnie etc. but these are still height dependant. Im hoping when i get out there i'll be able to worm my way in as Tinkerbell :)
Any other questions just ask, altho my knowledge at the moment is very basic!

tubbsy

Thank you alaina-that helps
The Tango look isnt a pleasant one! :lol:
Fingers crossed for you and Tink :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

PetiteSirene

I used to see Disney Auditions in the Stage all the time back when I used to scour it for jobs. However I'm not tall enough to be a Princess, nor pretty enough so I never bothered. I also know you can send your cvs into the character department. I did it back when I lived in belgium since I couldnt make any auditions in London at the time. I didnt get a job but they still looked over my cv because I got a letter back from them.  :lol:

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

sebassah

Excited for Dr F joining us, but I cant believe Disney Paris Missed out on the Tiana Showboat. It was amazing at WDW. Well you have seen it, or the youtube videos above... Its amazing. To bad.

Festival Disney

If you see the current Park schedule... the meet 'n' greet has mooved to the Royal Castle Stage...
http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN ... arades.pdf
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

lorrig

Make sure you arrive early for the meet and greet as half way through they change about and bring repunzel on instead. Lot of people who had been waiting for Tiana were a bit upset!

torillien

we missed Tiana and Naveen by 5 mins after queueing for 45 mins to see them and got Rapunzel and Flynn instead .. Emily was so upset she went into a min melt down (she's only 3 and a half) .. Rapunzel was very lovely though and was excellent with her .. was slightly unfair that the last 2 kids got time with both sets of Princesses which upset a lot of people that had been waiting in the queue with us .. T&N were great though .. working the crowd, dancing and singing .. would have loved to have got to meet them .. maybe next year :)
Self confessed Eeyore nut, IT Geek, IBM Champion, and Disney addict
WDW - Feb 2013 - Pirates at the Caribbean Beach

DLP - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel, WDW - January 2012 - Swan Restort, DLP - June 2011 - Sequoia Lodge, WDW - January 2011 - Dolphin, DLP - November 2010 - Sequoia Lodge