New park closing announcement

Started by Daniel, November 21, 2009, 11:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Just thought I would post this to let you know that they have slightly changed the wording used in the park closing announcement. :)  
[youtube:1xgkvf8u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E7xjN3eGok[/youtube:1xgkvf8u]

MagicKenny

WOW!! the dutch announcement is SO much better than what it used to be!
The "old" one almost said the park was soon about to close it's gates, and in dutch, that almost sounded like it would be your last visit ever in disneyland park... haha!
So much better now! :)
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Anthony

Split this from the Christmas topic.

The new English announcement is better too, slightly friendlier. Almost a bit of a Southern twang...

Maarten

Quote from: "MagicKenny"WOW!! the dutch announcement is SO much better than what it used to be!
The "old" one almost said the park was soon about to close it's gates, and in dutch, that almost sounded like it would be your last visit ever in disneyland park... haha!
So much better now! :)

This is really good news. I could finally understand the Dutch announcement. In the past, this woman's pronouncement was simply awful. The sentence itself made sense aswell surprisingly. Way to go!

pussinboots

They've trimmed some fat and no longer "kindly inform you" or "sincerely" hope that we've enjoyed our day with them. It's a pleasant voice, though, and that unplaceable foreign accent is gone.

Medici

The German announcement is still bad and not better than the old one. The same "non native" speaker :-(

Can´t they find anyone under their employees, who can speak my language? I would do it for free!!!! :-)

At least, the grammar is correct. ;-)
[size=85]09/94 - SL
07/95 - NBC
07/96 - NBC
03/99 - WDW - All Star Sports
09/02 - HNY
09/03 - NBC
08/04 - Davy Crockett
08/05 - Holiday Inn & Dream Castle
11/05 - Holiday Inn
02/06 - WDW - Pop Century
08/06 - Davy Crockett & Dream Castle
11/06 - Holiday Inn
06/07 - Dream Castle
01/08 - Explorers Hotel
12/08 - HNY
03/09 - WDW - Pop Century
07/09 - Disneyland Hotel[/size]

Daniel

Yea it sounds like to me that this man's native language is French. He does the announcements for most of the shows/parades.

MagicStar

What I don´t understand: This is a company, where people from all over europe work FOR people all over europe. Is it really so hard to find a german-speaking castmember who can teach this voice how to pronounce it the right way?
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

pussinboots

Still, there's that one German-speaking Frenchman all German guests are forever looking for...

I suppose they would be able find a native German speaker, and a native Dutch speaker, etc., but it's exceedingly hard to find them all in the same person (or the same two people in this case.) And then they also need to have pleasant voices and preferably be professional voice-overs. Considering that, it seems to me a commendable achievement for these two people to speak all those languages at all.

Maarten

Quote from: "pussinboots"...And then they also need to have pleasant voices and preferably be professional voice-overs...

Is it just me or does anyone else mis Mike Wagner's voice-over during the late 90s? I always liked how the announcements back in those days sounded American and very "Disney" if you know what I mean. I've never liked the current man's voice-over.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "pussinboots"...And then they also need to have pleasant voices and preferably be professional voice-overs...

Is it just me or does anyone else mis Mike Wagner's voice-over during the late 90s? I always liked how the announcements back in those days sounded American and very "Disney" if you know what I mean. I've never liked the current man's voice-over.

Oh yes, you're not alone there. How did he handle the other languages? Did he provide the English one and then some polyglot did all the rest?

Aladar

The Spanish announcement was very good before, now it's a little difficult to understand.

dlrpfanmedia

I don't want to push any European nationality in a corner but "back in the old days" they used to do theyr announcements only in French, English and German, and I think it was a lot better then.

if you want to travel back here it is (thanks to soundofmagic.com):
//http://www.magicsparks.com/dlp/mainstreet/DLP_Closing%20Announcement.mp3

pussinboots

Ah, so those were three different men, then? That sort of proves it isn't that jarring to get a native speaker for each of the languages.

Anthony

Absolutely not. In fact, it might be quite nice to hear the same familiar voice in your language at various points around the park, like you're visiting alongside them... or something twee like that.

I suppose it'd mean hiring 6 voice artists rather than 1 entertainment director posing as a voice artist, though.