Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whoknew?

whoheeee

Quote from: "Baloo"The entire project isn't meant to be completed until November/December.  They're installing, what, 8 sets in that time??  Seems it's going to be a slow job...

but thoroughly done, i hope. So more time for a goog looking street than crappy sets  :D

The Butlin Boy

Hollywood boulevard of construction fences:

Click here for more pics.
Source: Dlrp.fr

actiontoyboy

Things are really going to make the Filmpark more and more interesting to visit. Hopefully in few years it will be as cool and entertaining as Disney park.

GJ :)

Japper

This is just horrible. This for a whole year  :shock:

Anthony

I thought those photos were photoshopped at first.  That's just... insane.

It should be better once the Toon Studio link is open.  I really hope they work fast with this now, there's no need for it to take the better part of 10 months, surely.

Dlrpfan

oh no i thought after the huge ammounts of fencing for toon studio and TOT they might wait a while. the park is pratically coverd in it now
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

QuoteI thought those photos were photoshopped at first

Yeah someone has been playing a little bit too much with filters...  :lol:

penfold12

I dont know what to say! I cant wait for this placemaking, and yes the park needs it so much, but surely they cant operate the whole summer, potentialy the busiest summer the resort has seen, with that much fenced off???

Could they not do one side at a time to minimise the fencing? Or is it a clever plan to entice all the extra visitors to the resort this year, to return once it is all finished! lol

Kristof

You have to understand this is low season, so there are a lot more fences now then there will be during next summer season (there's also the HUGE press event on the 31th of March).  I believe there has been posted something on wdsfans or dlrptoday about the timeslot.  I'll try to dig it up later.

Here are some more photos.  They were carefully removing the trees on the side of La Terrasse (the roots were wrapped in so they can be reused on a different location).

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/p ... lacemaking  

penfold12

Funny thing is, when you look at those photo's, the fences give you a feel of what it will look like! They create a defined walkway to STT, where as before it felt a little open and empty.

mehdi5

At least we will get something good when the fences are gone

Kristof

Yeah, that's what I thought as well, but I really hope they will make the street a bit wider, as it feels very claustrophobic now.

penfold12

I would imagine they would to allow a decent flow of traffic. Wow just imagine it later in the year when the nights are dark early again, all lit up! Could and should look amazing

Maarten

Thanks for the pics raptor!

To be honest, this looks embarassing. This is not how people should remember a Disney-park. But well, we know what kind of reward we will get at the end of the road. Hopefully the full paying parkguests show some understanding for the situation aswell.  :roll:

Nala_84

What are these many fences for??  :shock:

I hope they'll be put away in September? ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]