Disney Hotels renovation of rooms

Started by Disneyland Paris Treasures, November 20, 2009, 02:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyland Paris Treasures

User "christ06" over at DCP mentioned that he just stayed at the Sequoia Lodge and there was some maintenance going on and when he asked what it was about he was told that there would be a renovation of rooms in various hotels in the coming months, containing changes regarding internet, flat screen, replacing the room key card input, etc ... (Source)

Anyone knows anything about this? Did anyone notice anything during their last stay?

dagobert

This week I received the Shareholder's Club newsletter No. 16 November 2009. A little bit late, but that doesn't matter.

I don't know if it was already posted, but Davy Crockett Ranch will get a facelift. The article in the newsletter says that DCR will receive 139 new ecofriendyl cottages, which will replace some of the old ones.

The new cottages will get a larger window for more light, an outdoor wooden deck and an integrated detector which turns off lights and electric appliances that may have stayed on.

Martyn

Ok, I LOVE the Sequioa Lodge, it is my favourite hotel, however, I feel it could do with a little bit of modernisation with regards to wallpaper and bathroom tiles. Thats it though, everything else is fine to me, oh and I suppose them TV's are getting a bit old now.

moglet

I've been in that hotel loads of times and in fact will be there again next week( can't wait) but I know what you mean last time we went the wallpaper in our room looked really grubby and the bathroom door wouldn't lock so a referb would be great

disneymom

Quote from: "dagobert"This week I received the Shareholder's Club newsletter No. 16 November 2009. A little bit late, but that doesn't matter.

I don't know if it was already posted, but Davy Crockett Ranch will get a facelift. The article in the newsletter says that DCR will receive 139 new ecofriendyl cottages, which will replace some of the old ones.

The new cottages will get a larger window for more light, an outdoor wooden deck and an integrated detector which turns off lights and electric appliances that may have stayed on.

They already replaced a lot of the old cabins. The new cabins are also inside a litte different. They have showers and the second bedroom has 3 single beds insted of a bunkbed.

http://www.zoover.de/frankreich/ile-de- ... Id=4669868

Disneymom

Kristof

Correct, these new cabins are also located close to the Village area. The first new cabins opened past November already.

littlemermaid83

Maybe they should knock down the Santa Fe and start again  :roll:  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dagobert

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Maybe they should knock down the Santa Fe and start again  :roll:  :lol:

We stayed in the Santa Fe three times and we had always a nice and clean room, but the hotel should be refurbished.

In two weeks we will stay in the Sequoia Lodge for the first time and we are already curious about the hotel.

Anthony

Those Mickey's Magical Party banners really are like rats aren't they. You're never more than however many metres away from one...

CafeFantasia

Speaking of rats, did you know there are rats in the queue for Big Thunder Mountain in Paris? Well, there were back in September 2009.

Kristof

There are rats and mice everywhere at DLP... Take a close look behind grids inside restaurants, shops, hotels or whatever.  You can often see rat poison grains.  

Remember they had to throw away all the food at Buffalo Bill's one night because they found mice in the kitchen?

disneymom

Quote from: "Kristof"There are rats and mice everywhere at DLP... Take a close look behind grids inside restaurants, shops, hotels or whatever.  You can often see rat poison grains.  

Remember they had to throw away all the food at Buffalo Bill's one night because they found mice in the kitchen?

The worst thing about the rats for me is, that there are people feeding them. To feed wild rats is disgusting. :evil:

Disneymom

pussinboots

But they sure can cook.

Martyn

Quote from: "dagobert"In two weeks we will stay in the Sequoia Lodge for the first time and we are already curious about the hotel.

Its a really lovely hotel, and very cosy. I have also stayed in the Hotel New York, but I prefer the Sequoia so much more, it has such a nice atmosphere.

dagobert

Quote from: "Martyn"
Quote from: "dagobert"In two weeks we will stay in the Sequoia Lodge for the first time and we are already curious about the hotel.

Its a really lovely hotel, and very cosy. I have also stayed in the Hotel New York, but I prefer the Sequoia so much more, it has such a nice atmosphere.

Good to know! We have never stayed there.