Aurora`s trip report 26.- 29.Sept. 2009 (day 4)

Started by Aurora, October 27, 2009, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora

So this was our last day.It started with Goofy

THanks to EMH we did some rides in the morning. Lara wanted to go al alone on Orbitron. Since line were short I agreed.And thats when she came off

She had to try again, but still wouldn`t move, that sword. Well, we just have to come back...

We strolled to the park for a while, doing some rides. Crowds were really low on these two days. It was great.
Lunch was at Bella Notte today. About 11.30 we were in there, had our food and started eating(what else,hihi), when I saw a crowd( a little one) of people opposite the restaurant. Since I had a salad(dosn`t get cold), I went outside to see what was going on. Then my jaw almost dropped. Characters were standing there, almost the same like for the "Stars and Cars" in Studio.

Could live with that, but I also saw Cinderella and Prince and Belle with Beast (but not as Beast). I just thought that can`t be true, now that we`re almost leaving, She is doing meet and greet at the Castle stage. :?
Now some might probably say, where is the problem, get in line and that is that. Well, yes ,true, but we promised my husband, we`d watch Mary Poppins and then make our way out.(he has to drive home). Well, we said that we would check the line by the castle and then decide. Now, the whole park can be half empty, but if you look for a long queue for meet and greet, the castle stage is the place to be!! :lol:
So Lara and I stood in line. Cinderella was signing at the moment. And since they were switch every haf hour or so, we figuered, we might be lucky. But they switched to soon. In the mean time, we decided Karin( me) and Lara stayed in line and we would watch Mary Poppins An hour later.
But unfortunatly, we weren`t even half through, Belle left and Cinderella was back.Then Belle again. And time was running out. In front of us two women  with 3 kids and couldn`t decide to wait or to leave the line, and wich princess was their favorite. A little later I heard them asking a CM, how long Cinderella was staying up there. Guess they decided on her. She wasn`t sure, so I took my chance and asked,I if Belle was gonna come back. She wasn`t sure about that either. While asking, who I was here for, I said Belle. She  seemed to think for a while, ckecked her watch, and said it was going to be tight for us. So it just burst out of me, I said we had to leave, and wouldn`t be able to come back tomorrow. She then said down to me to go over to the little gate, where they came from and wait. Well, who am I to argue? No not me, took Lara by the hand and left the line. Not without a few wondered looks following us.
We waited about 5 minutes, then Belle and her prince walked up to us, shook our hands, signed Lara`s book and posed for pictures. Can you imagine how happy we both were? And people around us were quite surprised. I admit, it felt great to be the priviliged one for once... After  taking the pics, I went back to the stage and thanked the castmember for making it happen.  =D> Look for yourself

So now was my husbands turn, Mary Poppins was next.
I like that little show as well. Not many people there. And at the end Bert saw Lara showing him her autographbook and told us to follow him. Wich we did. We lost sight of hi a little but he recogniced my husband with his hat and waved again. When they stoped , Lara wanted to give her book again but some rude person pushed her aside. Bert told tha perdon to wait and took Lara`s. To make the picture, it was the same. But Bert told people firmly to wait. =D>  I thought that was really nice. We almost felt like VIP`s that day.

For some reason, we went back to the Studios quick, probably for a picture I forgot to take. And there was hin again. Sure thing, Lara wouldn`t leave without hugging Stitch one last time.

Now we really had to go. Back to the hotel, in our car and leave for home.
On the way out I looked at Lara and said," you so quiet" She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, that she didn`t wat to go home already, that she liked it so much. We said we`d be back sometime.
She calmed down after a while.

And after a while on the road, I saw her sleeping, holding her "Angel", Stitch`s girlfriend(I think)

we really had a wonderful time there. I`ll add some coments later, it`s almost time for lunch again.
Aurora :oops:

brenjo

what a wonderful trip report and such lovely photos.  I was delighted to read about your daughter getting to meet Belle - so nice of cast member to make sure she did not miss out. Thank you for sharing

brenjo

what a wonderful trip report and such lovely photos.  I was delighted to read about your daughter getting to meet Belle - so nice of cast member to make sure she did not miss out. Thank you for sharing

dagobert

Wonderful trip report (all four days) and great pictures!

never2old

What a wonderful day! Thank you very much for sharing your trip with us!

Aurora

http://s954.photobucket.com/albums/ae25 ... to/DLP_09/
That is the link to all the other pistures, if someone is interested.
As promised a short revieww over all.
The weather was great.
THe time( end of sept.) was perfect. :D/
 We all felt fine( most of the times). =D>
CM were really helpful. Especially with the picture- possibility with Belle. Also the Party Train- CM. Made it possible to have two characters together.
I have to tell alittle story about that.
When we were in line for Cpt. Hook, my husband joked around with him, doing tik-tak- sounds( like the crocodile in the movie). Hook went along with it. When the Train left, we were waving good.bye and Hook pointed at my husband and wiggeld his finger doing tik-tak-tik-tak. My husband always wears a head, so characters recognized him. :D

And the best is, maybe, just maybe we are going back already next year. As of now, I`m going alone to Denmark to a reunion, so it doesn`t eat all all the budget for vacation. :-"
Wish you all a good day and thank you for reading my report and supporting me on this.
Aurora

loladelorean

Hi Aurora,
Thanks for writing your great trip report. I also love the story of the CM helping your daughter meet Belle! It's staff like that who make the Disney experience extra special.
I really enjoyed reading your report and seeing all your lovely family photos. Hope you get to go back next year, I'm sure it would make your daughter very happy! You are very lucky to live within driving distance of the park. If we lived on the continent we would probably be there 5 times a year!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

The Butlin Boy

I've just finished reading through days 2 to 4 of your trip report, and I really enjoyed it. I'm glad you all had such a great time, it looks like you had dsome truely magical moments :)

The bit at the end about Lara crying on the way home reminded me of someone I used to know too... me! :oops: (I don't anymore though... well not as much any way :lol: )

Thanks for sharing it with us :wink:

Annet

I just read all parts of your trip report, it sounds like a wonderfull trip!
Especially the part where you got to meet Belle and her prince, you're so lucky!

ightenhill

A lovely conclusion to your report. These moments are what it should all be about.. Thanks for sharing..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]