Disney's Fairytale Christmas 2009

Started by Willow, October 05, 2009, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

No, no fireworks at all.

We've actually also got a dedicated topic for Christmas Season 2009 trip planning questions in the forum Kristof mentioned above. Let's keep this one just discussion of the events.

The one thing I've not seen mentioned here... the return of the Tree Lighting Ceremony at Town Square! Why aren't we jumping for joy and partying in the streets? This is fantastic news!

It might even push Davewasbaloo to a smile. :wink:

ulak

Quote from: "Anthony"No, no fireworks at all.

We've actually also got a dedicated topic for Christmas Season 2009 trip planning questions in the forum Kristof mentioned above. Let's keep this one just discussion of the events.

The one thing I've not seen mentioned here... the return of the Tree Lighting Ceremony at Town Square! Why aren't we jumping for joy and partying in the streets? This is fantastic news!

OH, sorry. Thank you for answer. My english is not good- i am sorry!!!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"Then again, if they were to redecorate it now, they'd probably go for that icy blue crystal style that seems to be all the rage... Maybe it's for the better. Bring on the holidays!
Had that crystal ball out again?

Source: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/10/10/fir ... -released/

But in reality as far as we know it's going to be the same old tree with no blue glow whatsoever, so I'm wondering if they might jazz it up for the new ceremony (the old lighting sequence isn't all that special anymore) with a few new lights on top, if that's even possible. Or maybe this is just marketing lies.

Anyone know more?

dlrpkris

Any news coming forward about this year's changes? They must've started rehearsals by now? And how about the new music? Any official line on who's been involved? Quite American...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"The one thing I've not seen mentioned here... the return of the Tree Lighting Ceremony at Town Square! Why aren't we jumping for joy and partying in the streets? This is fantastic news!

I can't speak or smile for Dave, but if the old music returns as well, I for one would jump for joy...

Not that there's anything wrong with the new music or the Tree Lighting Ceremonies of the past few years, but while the new ditty is can't-get-that-Eurovision-song-out-of-my-head good, the old score was chills-down-your-spine good. A man can hope!

Quote from: "Anthony"Had that crystal ball out again?
[...]
But in reality as far as we know it's going to be the same old tree with no blue glow whatsoever, so I'm wondering if they might jazz it up for the new ceremony (the old lighting sequence isn't all that special anymore) with a few new lights on top, if that's even possible. Or maybe this is just marketing lies.

Anyone know more?

Oh, wow. Yes, they may have taken a cue from Anaheim and re-strung it with programmable LEDs. That wouldn't be too improbable; the Euro Disney technicians have proven their skills with that sort of thing, haven't they.

It's kind of a shame, though. When did Christmas become so blue? I thought the reason we lit up our cities in December was to add a sense of warmth instead emphasizing the Arctic season our numb ears and noses are all too aware of?

(I know I'm a curmudgeon, but then Christmas is all about sad attempts at recreating Christmas Past. Except if you're Scrooge.)

dlrpkris

Oh I wish they'd reprogramme the lights too but not too sure how possible it would be? If each block is lit as a unit, could be hard to make individual bulbs fade. But what do I know!

Look out for the parade this year. Think they've finally realized just how popular Christmas is and where to put their money...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Magicalmouse125

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "pussinboots"Then again, if they were to redecorate it now, they'd probably go for that icy blue crystal style that seems to be all the rage... Maybe it's for the better. Bring on the holidays!
Had that crystal ball out again?

Source: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/10/10/fir ... -released/

Anyone know more?

Has anyone else realised this....but in the picture above it looks to be somesort of fairy on top of the tree. Maybe it's nothing, it probably is but something new perhaps!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

littlemermaid83

I must admit using blue lights on a Christmas tree in cold weather is a bit erm depressing.  

It might look magical but i want to forget that my toes are suffering from frost bite  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Riebi

Quote from: "Anthony"The one thing I've not seen mentioned here... the return of the Tree Lighting Ceremony at Town Square! Why aren't we jumping for joy and partying in the streets? This is fantastic news!

Jump jump jump! I think that´s great news! It was suuuch a better ceremony over there. With a small child that brings the lights to the tree (with a bit help of mickey and santa of course). And the music was really magical (as puss mentioned).
I only hope it´s the same scale of ceremony and not something totally "CRAZY KOOL" that the entertainment department try to sell us for a magical and modern moment of christmas.

Just go back to the old ceremony! No "MMP-SUPER-POP-CHRISTMAS Ceremony starrrrring Mickey Mouse, Buzz Lightyear, Stitch and Hanna Montana featuring the Discoveryland Rock-Pop-Crew" (we know they like this long names since 1 year).... [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Poppy The Monkey

Some Christmas News:

The Tree Lighting Ceremony will use the same music as the last few years.... with a live "presenter" and Mickey and Minnie... both in talking in French!!  :x

There is a brand new Christmas float in the parade.... infact it is the old Cinderella float which is nearly unrecognisable now. The horses have been replaced by Reindeer and a new sleigh (which unforuntaly looks like a boat) has replaced the old pumpkin carriage. It is a nice addition though!!  :D
Elves and Toy Soilders return! But there will be NO SHOW-STOPS for the entire Christmas season... the POWER float is also expected to disappear for rehab during the whole season!

New music will be introduced while the stars arrive during Stars and Cars.... its a nice upbeat track including music from Tokyo and "Jolly Holidays"... the show itself remains the same!

The new Snow White show lasts 8 minutes.... and includes the dwarfs dancing, snow white singing and prince arriving at the end to give her a "gem"  :roll:

Gareth

:D/  new christmas float yay but my fav float could be missing when i go :( i love dreams of power but getting excited more and more for my first chirstmas holiday to disney =D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The Tree Lighting Ceremony will use the same music as the last few years.... with a live "presenter" and Mickey and Minnie... both in talking in French!!  :x
And what language does the live presenter talk? Let me guess... broken English?

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"There is a brand new Christmas float in the parade.... infact it is the old Cinderella float which is nearly unrecognisable now. The horses have been replaced by Reindeer and a new sleigh (which unforuntaly looks like a boat) has replaced the old pumpkin carriage. It is a nice addition though!!  :D
Ah, I knew it wouldn't be new "new". I suppose they had to solve the problem of no real reindeer. Sounds like a smart choice.

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"New music will be introduced while the stars arrive during Stars and Cars.... its a nice upbeat track including music from Tokyo and "Jolly Holidays"... the show itself remains the same!
So there will be some Christmas cheer in WDS! In fact, Stars 'n' Cars reminds me that last year's horrible generic market won't be able to return, at least to that same spot... So there's something to thank it for.

MagicStar

Does anybody has an idea, why they do more and more in french-talking?
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Poppy The Monkey

It is true of course that the voice of Mickey Wayne Allwine, passed away earlier this year... and his successor has yet to be decided I believe. His wife Russi Taylor, the voice of Minnie Mouse has not been in the recording studio since of course.

Having said that, we can assume that even if these great voice talents were still "available", we'd still be hearing Mickey in French... I'm sure it is much cheaper and easier to arrange and record, and of course it goes down well with the "home crowd". And as much as I hate hearing Mickey in French.... there has been alot of new recordings of him this year... Party Time, Stars and Cars, Not So Scary show, 31st October show, Christmas Stars and Cars, Christmas Tree Lighting, Cinema Mickey.....etc...

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey",,, The Tree Lighting Ceremony will use the same music as the last few years....

Just to make sure, this means the old music does not return, correct?