Pete's Dragon's Trip Report 13th - 19th Sept.09 *finished*

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 20, 2009, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

another great part to your report :D and you must have met every character there is in the park :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

littlemermaid83

Wow you met tons of characters, and you have some great photos!

We went last week and i agree about the Spanish visitors, it seems they all think rules do not apply to them and they can do whatever they please.

I ended up filming the parade and arguing with a Spanish family at the same time because they wanted to stand in front of me and my DD, the mum went crazy when i suggested next time she get there 30mins before hand.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Pete's Dragon

Saturday 19th September
"You can fly, you can fly, you can fly, you can fly"

After being promised rain for the entire week, could we avoid it for one last day? I woke up at 7am to see a beautiful sunrise in progress. Things were looking favourable

Grabbed our suitcases, had one last check we'd remembered everything and said goodbyr to our room. Checked out, left our luggage in and headed to breakfast. We got the the park just after 8am and managed to grab a lift on the Mian Street Transportation Co.

Headed straight to Buzz's Laser Blast - no queue (Joshua finally beat Elisha ....... Elisha didn't care). Then Orbitron - no queue. Went over to Fantasyland for a go on the newly reopened Teacups. To be perfectly honest I have no idea what they'd been doing all week. The matting on the saucers was still thread-bare in the majority of places, the roof was still filthy and the floor could have done with a mop and scrub as well. But the cups seemed to turn a bit easier, but I'm not convinced it required a week to do whatever they did.
Afterwards we went on Dumbo were me and Joshua fought over who was in charge on the lever. To which I had a clever solution, an elephant each (much to Jasmine shock)

Another go Peter Pan's Flight, then over to Lancelot's Horsey Ride

At every ride you could slowly notice the queue times increasing. By 9.30am we decided to head over to Autopia. As we joined to queue I noticed hoards of people waiting at the end of Main Street, OMG what a lot of people. Luckily we were let into Autopia just before they dropped the barriers. For the next 10mins it was just a constant stream of people heading into Discoveryland, the majority of which heading for Space Mountain. Jasmine asked me why they were waiting outside the ride, I told her that was the end of the queue. I think she was quite glad we weren't staying for much longer today (and so was I)

When we got off the park was packed. The Fastpass for Buzz was for in 2 1/2 hours time, the queueing time for Space Mountain for 60mins, so we decided to head for a ride which was fast moving and had a high capacity - It's a Small World. And what a good choice it was, and a fitting last ride to go on, it nearly brought a tear to my eye.

We waved goodbye to Fantasyland and head for Casey's Corner for some hotdogs. Winnie the Pooh was signing autographs just outside, but we didn't have time. Luckily Elisha didn't spot him, and to make sure she didn't we grabbed our food and headed for the Fantasia gardens.

Bye-Bye Disneyland

Met up with mum and Sam hit the hotel gift shop. I bought the watch I'd had my eye on, Jasmine got an ornament of Stitch climbing the Eiffel Tower, Joshua got the double-barreled gun he'd had his eye on and Elisha got Cinderella toys. She asked if she could play with them in the room and we told her we weren't going back to the room and our holiday was over. Then it hit her that there was no more Disneyland and she atarted to cry. Jasmine took her off me because I was about to cry to.

While the girlies went for a bathroom break, me and Joshua went exploring down towards the convention centre - nice, a recommend a visit to anyone staying at the hotel.
Grabbe our bags and waited for the VEA. But not before a got a last photo or 2

The bus arrived and off we went

Now the fun begins. The driver stopped at 2F and let the first lot of passengers off. He then asked everyone where they were getting off, and we told him 2B. Now when we stopped at 2D, I asked him about 2B and he said next stop. I said to everyone we should just get off here and 2B is connected to 2D. To which some mouthy Belfast cow in the seats in front said she'd done this before and that it would be better to wait. I sniggered to myself. But my mum and Sam listened to her and before I could say otherwise the driver took off ..... and drove past 2B ....... and on  ..... and on ..... to Terminal 3 !!!!! I tld everyone we were at the wrong terminal. Mouthy-Belfast-Cow tweeted again 'I've been here before, this is were you get off'. Ok, so that's 2 times you've been a complete idiot. I got off and grabbed the driver and asked why he hadn't stopped at 2B, he just shrugged his shoulders and said we had to get off here. Wonderful. So off we got and grabbed our suitcases and headed towards the airport train. Then it hit me .........

Now at the start of the report I mentioned the stuff we left behind. Well, this was it. I'd been in so much of a rush and a tizzy getting off the bus that I'd left my shoulder bag in the overhead storage. Inside were the kids jumpers, my sunglasses, Jasmine's Stitch ornament, and most importantly the travel documents for the flights. I was quite upset, and cursed myself for being so stupid. Joshua, the little sweetheart that he is, came over to me and said it was ok, I could have his Spiderman schoolbag if I wanted. I could have cried. We got the train back round to terminal 2F! From now on it's TGV for me, I don't care about the price or how long I end up waiting in the airport.

Luckily we were flying Easyjet. And luckily Jasmine had carried the passports. We showed out passports at the check-in desk and everything was fine. As were sat down in the departure lounge I noticed Mouthy-Belfast-Cow in the queue to check-in. I was tempted to ask her what kept her so long, but I was too annoyed with her to be sarcastic.
Our flight left early and we were back in surprisingly-sunny Northern Ireland for 5.30pm. Grabbed our car, drove to Coleraine, grabbed a McD's and went home.

All in all a great holiday, but sadly it will be a long time before we go back. Actually this could be our last visit to Disneyland Paris. There's a growing sense of been-there done-that with the park. We'll see after university is over and done with. But by then Joshua will be nearly 10, and we might consider WDW. Only time will tell.

The End.

P.S. Hidden Mickey !!!!

littlemermaid83

Fantastic report  [-o<  [-o<  Thankyou for sharing.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

DLP-Photos.com

Fantastic report with a great ending!

Thanks for sharing your holiday, lovely moments, pictures (and annoying encounters with spanish families) with us :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Elaine

That was a fabulous trip report - sigh, I'm sad its all over  :( .

Pete's Dragon

Holiday Recap

Ride Count

Lancelot Carosel - 2
Dumbo - 3
Peter Pan's Flight - 4
Pinocchio - 1
Snow White - 1
Casey Jnr - 1
Le pays des Contes Fees - 1
It's a Small World - 5
Alice's Labyrinth - 4
Mad Hatter's Tea Cups - 2
P.O.T.C. - 5
Big Thunder Mountain - 7
Phantom Manor - 2
Orbitron - 1
Autopia - 2
Space Mountain - 1
Star Tours - 2

Animagique - 1
Cinemagique -2
Stitch Live - 4
Flying Carpets - 1
Cars Rally - 2
Tower of Terror - 2

Rides Missed

Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Nautilus
Indiana Jones

Tram Tours ( :cry: )
Art of Disney Animation ( :cry:  :cry:  :cry: )
Playhouse Disney Live
Armageddon
Crush
Rock n Roller Coaster - Closed ( :cry:  :cry:  :cry: )

Characters Met

Errr, really would take too long. Let's just say, All of them.
Except Daisy and Winnie the Pooh.

Things That Need Fixed

Mad Hatter's Tea Cups - needs a serious clean, not just a week's closure to tinker with the mechanics

IASW - See-Saw at the end. The Ferris wheel was broken, but fixed the next day

Alice's Labyrinth - The spotlight on the floor I nearly tripped over last year is still wobblely. Still a lot of work needed to the general look of the place. But the Giant Cheshire Cat was very clean, especially is teeth.

HSM -  not to have a party going on at the same time people are trying to listen to Cinemagique !

Most valuable Lesson's learned

It's so much nicer meeting characters in the quieter parts of the park eg. Casey Jnr, outside Blockbuster Cafe, or at organised photo places eg. Toon Studio etc.
Minnie's Crazy Mad Panic Party Train - bad

Make sure you've lifted all your belongings before leaving !

Best Moments

Seeing the view from the hotel room.
Getting rid of the kids for 3 hours and going on BTM and ToT with Jasmine
Having IASW as the final ride of the hoilday.
Elisha going from being scared of POTC, to raising her hands in the air for the water slides.

Worst Moments

All the stuff mentioned about the arrogant Spanish visitors.
Losing my shoulder bag
Having to come home

Overall Holiday Rating - 8.5/10

Only one ride break-down, not having to pay for dinner, unbelievable amount of characters.
No RnRC. Spanish.

Soap

Thanks for sharing your great and personal report Pete!  :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Clarebelle

Im so sad you have finished your trip report :( thanks for sharing your wonderful photos with us. Your ones on NPBC were amazing I really can't wait for our holiday now!!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

-breeno-

Fantastic end to your trip report PD =D>   I'm sad to see it end :(

I completely agree with the Spanish visitors.  We tend to see a lot of out of control Spanish kids and parents who simply couldn't care less.  I remember a few years back in Terminal 3 there were Spanish kids running up and down the check-in lounge with the baggage trolleys, crashing into everything and everyone, and the parents just sat there watching them and having a smoke (this was back in the days you could smoke indoors).  Like you said though, no offence to any Spanish members.

Can't believe it about that Belfast one on the coach.  Some people really do think they know it all when they haven't a clue :?

Did you have any contact info in the bag you forgot on the coach?  Maybe if you ring/e-mail VEA they might have the bag in some lost and found, it's worth a shot surely?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

bigrossco

hay PD what a great trip report I am sad now it is over as reading it you had such a great great time.

I miss DLP so much and hope maybe to go back next year as looks like wont be this year will just have to see
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Javey74

Wow I've missed 3 more instalments..  :oops:  :shock:

Well while it's fresh in my mind, this is Tweedle Dee.  His mouth is wider than Dum, also there names are written on the left side of their white shirt collar, unfortunately not seen on your shot..  :mrgreen:

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Next we got Tweedle-Dee or Tweedle-Dum. I sure some eagled-eyed Forum member can tell them apart.
But you can compare them here>>  :mrgreen:

Also Brian, I noticed there was no shot of you near Donald, I wonder if he remembered you threatening him..  :lol:  :P

Anyway another fab read, just off now to read the final 2 instalments..  :D/

Javey74

Just finished reading the final instalments now..  :wink:  Great reads to end with..  =D>

Well I'm sorry to hear about your finale, did you not try phoning the VEA company, it's just I know they can return left luggage back to you..  :) Seems a shame to lose all of that..  :roll:

Once again thanks for sharing..  :D

SophieD

Great trip report PD!! I'm sad that its finished :( I brought a stitch climbing the eiffle tower figurine, but it was so squished in my suitcase that all his finger nails and one ear fell of :( But luckily some super super glue helped :D

Like Javey said can you not phone the VEA and see if they can return your lugage??  [-o< I've heard from a lot of CM's that they find some Spanish visitors to be overbearing and very rude. :( Some one needs to tell those people how to conduct themselves in DLRP  :x  :)

Once again, a lovely trip report!! I'm glad you all had a wonderful time :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"While we sat and waited inside, I fianlly noticed the guy dressed like Martin Short come in and sit down. I must have seen Cinemagique at least a dozen times, but this was the first time I'd spotted him arrive.

Haha, we noticed him on our last trip too - I remember my Dad nugding me and nodding his head backwards towards him to show me he was there. I didn't have a clue what he was doing at first :lol:

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"

WOW! Just wow! :o

Thanks for sharing such a great trip report PD, it's been a joy to read =D>

I'm sorry to hear about the problems at the very end (I agree with the others that you should try to contact them ASAP though), but I'm glad that overall, you all had a magical time :)