Fireworks in May - it's official!

Started by Anthony, May 15, 2006, 07:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I don't think I've ever seen them do fireworks in May before!

Rumours are saying it'll be Tinkerbell's Fantasy In The Sky Fireworks (or a new version of that show), and not Wishes.

Do you think it's fair that some days the park closes at 6pm, yet others it closes at 11pm *and* you get fireworks?  Doesn't seem right to me, when the ticket prices are the same.

Nala_84

I'd love to see a firework at DLRP one time...

Well, I guess the days when the fireworks are cost more. In Germany there's a holiday on Thursday (25th), maybe that's in France, too? Many families probably wanna relax on a longer weekend and so the park will offer some specials and longer opening hours...

How long before do you know when the park closes? We'll visit DLRP next year in May, but when the park closes later on some days we will choose such a day?!

Sorry für mein Englisch, deshalb nochmal an die Deutschen unter uns, falls ihr das wisst: Wie lange vorher wird denn bekannt gegeben, wie lange der Park auf hat? Weil wir halt nächstes Jahr im Mai hin wollen, dann könnten wir ja entsprechend planen und an den Tagen fahren, wenn der Park länger geöffnet hat (solange es nicht teurer ist ;))
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

I so much want to go but can't since I am starting my exams so soon damn, Disneyland Resort Paris even took the time to bother and send me out a letter telling me this months opening times how cool is that :lol: .  All I can do is hope for decent opening times next month not 6pm ones :? .

Kristof

We got confirmation by a friend that it will be a light version of Tinker Bell's Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks.

Kris

Well Tink's took place and here's a vid http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/dlp/asce ... 6/feu.mpeg

Just goes to show that dlrp can do a good show with little money. The atmosphere and amount of fireworks in this shorter show is way higher than Wishes. The finales have great golden fireworks that produce wide bursts, so even if we can't have the full rocket shells, these are pretty awesome! It's a wider and taller more complete show.

As Wishes has fewer fireworks anyway, why do they feel the need to remove the princess medley? There's a part in this show that would suit that medley and I'm sure it wouldn't cost that much to play the whole Wishes soundtrack. Oh I do miss the fun of Tinks'! Oh, and the shorter intro with announcement mixed in is cool too! I think the Wishes announcement should be over the music fading up, but thats just my opinion!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Those fireworks look brilliant! (for such a small event)  I guess they really do have no excuse if this summer's Wishes isn't up to that level, eh?  :?

Dlrpfan

Love the video. lets hope dlrp can do more of these desplays over high weekends
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

There were fireworks again this saturday!  Big surprise for us, since the official website doesn't mention a thing about this;

Dlrpfan

wow was the desplay the same as the last
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"There were fireworks again this saturday!  Big surprise for us, since the official website doesn't mention a thing about this;
Cool!  Is this "the Karl Holz effect" at work again?  :D

DLRP has changed so much this year - imagine if someone had suggested last year "they'll have unannounced fireworks this weekend and a park opening until 11pm because of high crowds".  No-one would have believed it!  I hope they spread some of these flexible park hours ethics over to the Studios next year...