Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

A few more photos of the opening show have popped up:

More: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2010/03/28/new ... /#30031845

Willow

It was an interesting show, the music and dancing didn't really do it for me though!

I love the projections which they use for these launches, the colors and graphics really pop and turn an otherwise dull show into something great.

benjy

Oh my gosh! That show looks so amazing!
I am so jealous that I wasn't there! The projections are so clever and amazing.
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

Aveen2008

It looks really good and like other people have said I wish they would actually do more shows like this in the stunt show arena!

However, when I watch it I do feel I am being fobbed off with the whole 'new' character thing :roll: . Especially at the start the voice over says something like " you've been waiting for them and here they are the new generation festival characters" and yet all of them apart from tiana( i didnt see naveen if hes there)  and mike ( who was in the park a few years ago anyway) have been in the park for years and years now!!  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: So for any of us who have actually been to DLRP before theres nothing new about that part of it.

Seems they are getting a bit confused about who is new and who isnt, especially with the odd nemo and dory Vs ariel scene of the show lol.

Sorry for being so negitive, I just find it hard to get excited about this because theres not really anything happening, not until the new land opens anyway lol.
Luv Aveen xoxo

cinders

When will the NGF end???? I am taking my twins on 9th Decemeber and i am hoping to catch it again!

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

Anthony

I'd hazard a guess at 6th March 2011. Plenty of time!

cinders

Great! wasnt sure if they may stop the show over the christmas period!
Cant wait to see it again......we were lucky enough to see the preview shows on 23rd march! :D And very impressed i was too!

2009 July Hotel Santa Fe

Martyn

Who knows when it will end! Didn't the 15th birthday celebrations last something like 3 years! :lol:

Anywho, thats a fab show and the resort (Studio's more so) is definitely in need of something as spectacular as that!

The Butlin Boy

I've been wondering and keeping an eye on this for a while, but does anyone know if DLP are planning on adding anymore character figures to the Main Street Station NGF decorations. It just looks incomplete with remy and Tiana on the left and nothing on the right!?! :|

See what I mean?

Quote from: "Magic M"

dlrpkris

Yeah, it's as if the budget really did run out while putting it together. Why didn't they put all the characters together similar to the logo with characters?
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Anthony

Maybe they made those and someone decided "on second thoughts, don't make any more..."

What's the half-covering on the windows behind? That's just been added before these were put up, right? I presume it's there to hide the reverse of the characters from inside the station?

cinders

I would have tought is the have not put anything else up there now then they are not going too!
But is does look odd they could have put some on the other side too!

2009 July Hotel Santa Fe

tubbsy

It does doesnt it? Who would you like to see on the other side? Remy might be good.
Question-and apologies if this is in the wrong spot. Rob (7 year old) has asked seeing as theres TSPL opening and this is the New Generation festival and theres lots of new merchandise (including RC that Rob got on our last visit nearly 3 years ago!) Are DLP stocking the Toy Story Lego?
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Department.aspx?d=622
Its no biggy for us as we go to Legoland once a month so we can pick it up there, but just thought Rob had a point.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

montaguewarner

Just a quick update everyone

(all images from Disney Gazette)
Remy, Tiana and co have all been moved behind the NGF sign instead of spread out over the station  :D Unfortunately Woody's weird scary face is still there!  :lol:

And the ribbons (American Disney parks style) have been removed from the plaques on the Lamps along Main Street - Not sure why? I liked them :(

Plus from their Youtube Channel - DLP like their Viral Marketing don't they :)
[youtube:6iuwtv33]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZsSboIVz9s[/youtube:6iuwtv33]
I really like it! Although look in the background and notice the MMP decorations on the castle! Must have been filmed a fair while back!  :)
Thats all for NGF for today! I think they are probably the last tweaks we'll see now!
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

luke85

I quite liked the ribbons, maybe they're changing them to ones that matched the concept art a little better?