Recut magic of animation montage

Started by QueenEm, August 07, 2009, 11:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenEm

Was a little sad when I saw the new re-cut version of the magic of animation montage they show. I used to think that it was so well edited, the music flowed wonderfully into each other, and every single movie (with the exception of black cauldron which no one has seen anyway) was featured up to toy story. It seemd to me that a clumsy rush job had been done to shove in a lot of pixar clips and a lot of my favourite bits were missing; no robin hood, no basil, no oliver and company... etc etc.
This used to reduce me to tears every single time I saw it without fail and I just left a bit cross this time. By all means update, but understand that everyone has different favourites they look out for and get someone to do the job that won't butcher the musical/audio-visual transitions.
Although I can see the appeal of many of the pixar movies, and they currently number among the most popular, they are not my favourites and I don't think you can afford to lose sight of the classics.
But what do you guys think? x
Oh I wish... I wish I could be part of his world!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "QueenEm"(with the exception of black cauldron which no one has seen anyway)

I love the Black Cauldron. I saw it at the cinema when I was a kid, and it sits proudly in my DVD collection. Poor, poor Gurgi, Taran, Henwen,  Fflewddur Fflam and the forgotten Disney Princess - Eilonwy  :cry: . Plus it had one of the scariest villians in the Horned King. Now where's that apple, it's gotta be in here somewhere  :wink:

QueenEm

I meant no offence re: black cauldron, I only meant that it seems to be very difficult to get hold of, I haven't been able to see it yet, and I do want to. But let's face it, it IS probably the most sidelined disney movie.
Also, I appreciate that I missed a letter out of montage in the title of my thread. My bad.

davewasbaloo

Mark me as another fan of the Black Cauldron, I like my Disney best when it is dark, and this film is. Excellent.

As for the montage, as much as I really do love Pixar, it felt clumsy to me too. I still had a tear in the eye, but it did not feel like it flowed as well to me. I thought I was just being an old curmudgeon though.
since 2001 (many before that)

Tinkerbelle

I watched this on saturday and i was about to start crying with "Baby Mine" when they suddenly changed to "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" ...thank God  :lol:  :oops: I didn't want to start crying there lol. I think Pixar's animation distracted me enough to not to let a tear down my cheeks. Apart from that I don't like Pixar being included in the montage at all.

DisneyAlba

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed. To me it did feel like an overdosis of Pixar was pushed into the film. Just... Too much, at the expence of the Classics.

But I still had tears in my eyes at the end of it! ;)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

QueenEm

The only thing that nearly made me cry was when I realised they'd cut out the bit of ariel crying on the dock as the wedding boat sails away during baby mine. WHY?! I mean that montage was perfection! Don't mess with perfection!

Snow_White_Girl

My mum thought I'd lost it last year when I was in tears - it's the bit where Bambi's mum gets shot and then it goes into "Baby Mine", I was such a mess!

I can't imagine where including Pixar in the montage would work at all... but I haven't seen it so I'll reserve judgment!

The old montage is on Youtube for anyone wishing to indulge... and bawl their eyes out as I just have!!  :oops:

\":lamp:\"

QueenEm

snow_white_girl where did you find it on youtube? Is there a quality version anywhere? I want to cry and feel wretched too! xxx

Rorschach

Quote from: "QueenEm"snow_white_girl where did you find it on youtube? Is there a quality version anywhere? I want to cry and feel wretched too! xxx
I found these two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfydY2x1NOA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIcKIvGN2J8

Aveen2008

It shocks me that I have never even went to this attraction! I went to queue once and panicked as I thought it was going to take ages and wouldn't be that great so left!!
 :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Seriously I am shocked at myself!!! :shock:  :shock: It is on my list for this upcoming trip in 10 days time woohoo! :P

The black cauldron is definately a film that never got a lot of publicity but it is a nice little film, I only got to see it about a year ago as I decided to go and watch many of the disney films I had not seen such as basil the great mouse detective and the black cauldron etc
Luv Aveen xoxo

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "Rorschach"
Quote from: "QueenEm"snow_white_girl where did you find it on youtube? Is there a quality version anywhere? I want to cry and feel wretched too! xxx
I found these two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfydY2x1NOA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIcKIvGN2J8
I can't watch it again so soon, I'll be a wreck again! Maybe tomorrow...

\":lamp:\"