People who visit Disneyland without Children

Started by Aveen2008, June 27, 2008, 07:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou123

Last summer i waited for 45 minutes to get  good view of the parade (my 1st and properly only time of seeing fantillusion) in a all adult group. I have no problem with letting kids stand or sit in front of me, but on this particular day i stepped back slightly to allow some children through to sit on the curb and couldnt believe it when 2 adults pushed through the gap id left for the kids and stood right in front of me, and then wouldnt let the children through to the front, so they couldnt see anything.

I have to admit that i pushed back in front of the adults, who had just done the same to me, but the poor kids were nowhere near the front, i just dont understand how anyone can think its ok to arrive just as the parade is beginning and push people out of the way.

ed-uk

If we want to get a good view of the parade from the front, we always make sure we get there early depending on how busy the park is. So we're prepared to stand around and wait for it. We don't go with children, and I would let a small child squeeze in front so they could see. But I would try and stand my ground and not get pushed out of the way. It's like queue jumping. It's not ok to arrive just as the parade is beginning and push people out of the way, even if children are involved. It should be up to the person infront. Sometimes I do feel sorry for kids who are stuck at the back and can't see, but I wouldn't let them all through. And if we don't feel like waiting for the parade, we just come along late and watch it from the back, we don't push our way to the front.
Ed & David

Annet

I don't mind letting little children stand in front of me, but if the parents start pushing me away so they can also stand in front of me I get slightly annoyed. I always make sure I'm there in time to have a good spot, they should do the same if they want to stand in the front.

But I've also experienced adults without children who are pushing everybody (including children!) aside to have their picture taken with a character. I just think no one should be rude to eachother, doesn't matter if you're there with or without kids.

bigrossco

when i went to DLP one day me and my friend were in the que for SM:M2 and a group of 4 teenagers were in the que pushing and shoving us and other people.

They decided to close the left hand track just when we were waiting for the next ride so moved to the right track and the youth's did not notice so we got to the front (YEY)

When they did notice they ran over went to the seat's behind us and then shoved us to get infront of the other mates, lucky a CM noticed them do this and told them off so we after all got to the front YEY  :D/

When we got to the photo point we saw them pointing at our photo saying something in french (more or less sounded like a swear word)

some people should just learn how they should behave! was so annoyed by this and was the first and only time we had a problem with anyone in the  park at any of the rides
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Walts heir

yes i often have felt like people though  DLP was for kids only but like walt said your dead if you only aim for kids

Ineffability

I really hope the majority of you aren't planning a trip at the same time as us  :?

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Ineffability"I really hope the majority of you aren't planning a trip at the same time as us  :?

haha I totally had to laugh at this comment..sorry ineffability. I hope you have a great trip! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Ineffability"I really hope the majority of you aren't planning a trip at the same time as us  :?
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  =D>  :wink:

David

Walts heir

Why not

Annet

My next trip will be with my brother and his family, so 2 little kids.
But, just as last time, we'll make sure we're waiting in time to have a good view at the parades.

Walts heir

Try and stand close to a trahscan so that if it is busy no one can push you and take your spot
I also recomend getting there half an hour at least before