Trip Report: 11th-16th June

Started by Kellogs, June 18, 2009, 06:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

Loved the "That's a wrap" ending!
AMAZING trip report!!
I'm glad you had a great time!

kmara

I LOVE your report! and the video in the end is so cool!
glad you had such a good time!

and thanks for sharing!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

davewasbaloo

I am really enjoying your trip report so far. For those on this board who never venture out of DLP, they are missing a lot. One of the awesome things about DLP is how you can mix culture and parks into a brilliant vacation.

Quote from: "Kellogs"Overall a brilliant day at Studios with fantastic weather. My only nags would be how little there is too do there. The park was busy but at times we were a little lost as to what to do other than re-ride. Also the Crush queue needs more detail to keep you entained! But other than that, this place has a lot of potential!

But it seems like you missed some major attractions - Moteurs Action, Art of Animation and Armageddon? To me, we can easily spend a couple or more days in the Studios now (that said we have little ones who love Cars, Playhouse Disney and the shorter character queues too).
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Glad you had a great time. If you like a drink and are staying in Val De Europe, next time be sure to enjoy La Terrasse and the bars behind it in the future, much cheaper than the village, and in a way, better too.

Overall, what did your boyfriend think? Personally we prefer DLP to WDW in many ways (though we miss Epcot and DAK, and the big fireworks, DLP and WDSP are better than their Floridian equivelents in our opinion). I am surprised he did not think DLP's Big Thunder was better than Florida's - those tunnels under the Rivers of the Far West are amazing.
since 2001 (many before that)

Kellogs

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I am really enjoying your trip report so far. For those on this board who never venture out of DLP, they are missing a lot. One of the awesome things about DLP is how you can mix culture and parks into a brilliant vacation.

Quote from: "Kellogs"Overall a brilliant day at Studios with fantastic weather. My only nags would be how little there is too do there. The park was busy but at times we were a little lost as to what to do other than re-ride. Also the Crush queue needs more detail to keep you entained! But other than that, this place has a lot of potential!

But it seems like you missed some major attractions - Moteurs Action, Art of Animation and Armageddon? To me, we can easily spend a couple or more days in the Studios now (that said we have little ones who love Cars, Playhouse Disney and the shorter character queues too).

Moteurs Action was closed. We did do Armageddon, but I had no photo's so it escaped my memory, and not really bothered about Art of Animation. With such huge queues, we hit the main things.

littlemissdisney

Kellogs I am just in love with your photos hehe.
Great trip report  :ears:

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the fantastic report, I have really enjoyed reading it and seeing your amazing photos :P

I'm glad you both had an amazing time :)

dagobert

Great trip report. I really enjoyed your pictures!

Kellogs

Thanks all for the lovely replies :)

Thought i'd just add another quick video I took of Minnie's Party Train;

[youtube:2zxu8q0p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTpVn-4rrWk[/youtube:2zxu8q0p]