Trip Report: 11th-16th June

Started by Kellogs, June 18, 2009, 06:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemissdisney

wow you're pictures are amazing. Thanks for posting them  :D

smurfy74

im really enjoying your report , and looking forward to more, its really getting me in the mood for my trip in 48 hours time

Kellogs

Right, sorry for the slight delay, but here's day four at Disneyland Park! :)

Day Four - Part one

So we were up bright and early again to catch our RER train and start our magical day at the Disneyland Park today, starting with Discovery Land to get a fastpass for Space Mountain!

Heading for Discovery Land:

Space Mountain:

Once we had our fast passes for SM, we decided to go on Buzz, as it was only a 10minute wait according to the boards, however it was walk-on! :D

Bonjour Buzz!

On-ride photo:

I love Buzz! It has to be one of my favourite rides overall!

So after a session on Buzz, we still had time to spare before our time slot on SM, but we were able to get another fast pass, so we decided it would be wise to venture to Fantasy Land and get on for Peter Pans Flight. While we were walking through we bumped into a few characters;

Goodmorning Pluto!

Luckily she seemed to be in a good mood and didn't wish to chop off anyones head!

Alice momentarily out of Wonderland:

Eventually we made it to PPF and got ourselves a pair of fastpasses for just before lunch time!

Next it was time for our slot on SM, so we queued in the fast queue which was frankly awful in the heat, and i've never been so glad to see sunlight!

Next as Autopia and Star Tours had big queues, and we still had some time to spare before our PPF fastpass we went to explore the castle;

After this we went to explore Alice's maze, seen as everything else in Fantasy Land had epic queues!

Next we used our fastpasses on Peter Pans Flight, which was good, but they need to sort out the braking system! I'd never queue for it without fastpass though! Next we had lunch at Bella Notte.

After this we thought it would be a good idea to head over to Big Thunder Mountain to get fastpasses as the park was busy! We were right, Fast Passes were already for 7pm!

With Fast passes in hand, we went on Phatom Manor, which was about a 15 minute queue. I love this ride, and even my boyfriend said it was better than Haunted Mansion in Florida! Result!

I leave part one there! Part two coming soon including the parade!

littlemermaid83

Great report, your photos are fabulous.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

The Butlin Boy

I can't wait for part 2 of part 4 :P

Nala_84

Wow, thank you so much for this fantastic trip report! You took some amazing, atmospheric pictures, such a pleasure to look at them  =D>

I'm now looking forward to the rest of your story :)!

Oh, and I reckoned you come from Leicester? We went there last June to visit a friend of us who studied there (Erasmus year), such a nice city and area there :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

CentralPlazaPerson

Your trip report rocks!!! Can't wait for the rest! :)

kmara

I love your report and I am really looking forward to read the rest!!!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Kellogs

Quote from: "Nala_84"Wow, thank you so much for this fantastic trip report! You took some amazing, atmospheric pictures, such a pleasure to look at them  =D>

I'm now looking forward to the rest of your story :)!

Oh, and I reckoned you come from Leicester? We went there last June to visit a friend of us who studied there (Erasmus year), such a nice city and area there :)!

Thankyou! And thankyou to everyone else, i'm having a lot of fun writing it and looking back on my ace trip, just wish I could go back now!

As for Leicester, I actually study there, so I live there during term time, but I'm actually from Stoke on Trent which is further up north. But yes, Leicester is a nice city, I really enjoy living there (great shopping hehe :))

I should be able to get the next part up tonight. :)

Kellogs

Day Four - Part Two

So after Phantom Manor we had some time to spare before the parade, so we went back over to Adventure Land for a look around and explored the caves:

I love this part of Adventure Land;

Exploring Skull Rock;

Bit more exploring!

Next we went for a drink to cool down, it was now very, very hot! After this we got fastpasses for Indianna Jones, then went to find a spot to watch the Parade. We got a very good spot, right at the front, but we had to 'fight' for it, as in I got rammed by at least two prams, and some other idiot trying to lift their pram over the ever increasing crowd with the child still inside. I do wonder about the level of some peoples intelligence at times like this. Nevertheless, I loved the Parade. I didn't get to see it last year, but this year I was determined and it was worth it. :) For the most part I video'd this so there is a video at the end, but I did take some photos;

And so it begins! Hello Mickey!

I loved the Alice in Wonderland Float!

Woody and Jessy;

Pooh!

Peter Pan Float;

Definately my favourite float!

Simba was very cool!

One of my favourite photos from the trip;

Sleeping Beauty takes the lead;

Very cute touch :)

And heres my shortened down version of the parade, minus the Princess float as I busy taking photos! :)

[youtube:tkcr4hqb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYfh9t5eIFk[/youtube:tkcr4hqb]

Next we battled our way through the crowds back to Adventure Land to use our fastpasses on Indi, which was an ok ride, seemed to hurt less this year!

I love the queueline for this ride;

Next we headed for a fast pass for Star Tours, and then went for tea at Casey's Corner, where we watched Mickeys Magical Party time from a far. However I was too busy eating to take pictures haha. On the way there an english man stopped me and asked if I was english, when I replied 'Yes', he gave me and my boyfriend his family VIP fastpass tickets :D As they were leaving the park early. We couldn't believe our luck!

After food we headed back to Star Tours to use our fastpass:

And then we took advantage of our VIP pass and went for another spin on Buzz, getting much better scores this time!

Next we went over to BTM to use our VIP passes again for a really fun ride! My boyfriend didn't think it was any better or any worse than its oversea's cousin.

On-ride photo;

Next we went over to Pirates, as the 45 minute queue from earlier had turned into 5 minutes :D I love pirates, and had forgotten it was such a long ride!

On-ride photo;

After this we decided on one last ride on SM uses our VIP passes, before heading over to the Village, as we were now very tired!

One last walk to Discovery Land;

And time for a few last photos of the castle and main street;

I will eat here one day!

Love the entrance to this park;

Back in Disney Village;

More funky cocktails in the Sports Bar;

After a drink there we headed for a look around the lake and the hotels surrounding it. We settled down in Newport Bay for another drink before calling it a night and catching the RER back to our hotel, bringing the end to day 4!

CentralPlazaPerson

First class and great photos!!
I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the magic and I hope there are plenty more visits for you to come!!
 :D  :D

The Butlin Boy

Another great instalment Kellogs, I really loved reading bout your day and seeing your fantastic photos. Lucky you getting some free VIP fastpasses too :P

Thanks for sharing it, and I'm glad you had a great time :)

SophieD

Great Trip Report!! I loved reading it!! Lovely photos too!!
Can't wait to read the rest  :D  :D  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Kellogs

Day Five

No photo's from today as it was time to go back to the UK and our sort of 'chill out' day. So we woke up at 11am, lie in! Woo. :) Check-out was at 12pm so time to get ready and pack. After Check-out we left our luggage in Ibis and went to check out the mall in Val D'europe.

First we headed for the hugee supermarket and I bought myself some milka, mmm. :) And Cheetos! I haven't seen anywhere sell cheetos for so long I got a bit over excited haha. Also bought some lunch, in the form of yummy sandwhiches. :)

After this we looked around a bit more, venturing out into the outlet mall, the weather had taken a turn for the worse, although it was still warm, the rain had come, but this didn't bother us much!

After we got bored of the mall, we went back to Disney Village for another look around the shops, and then off to newport bay for a drink or two to pass the time as our eurostar home wasn't until 7pm.

After a few drinks we decided to go get an early dinner and decided on Planet Hollywood, which was so much smaller than I expected! Food came extremely fast and was nice enough, but I decided I much preferred the location of Rain Forest Cafe. Planet Hollywood just looked a bit dated to me, and need of a freshen up, although the mirror in the ladies toilets was really cool! :D

When we were finished we headed back to the Ibis to collect our bags, then straight back on the RER to go check-in at Eurostar, which was easy enough, and we were let straight on the train to sit for an hour before we headed off.

Had a pleasant journey and like the way there went very fast, and before we knew it we were back in the UK. After topping up our Oyster Cards we caught the tube to Victoria for another night in the dreaded Easy Hotel. Tonight we were in the basement, and although we could hear the rumble of the underground, it was significantly cooler!

We walked around victoria trying to stay out of the hotel as much as possible, and ended up in a busy pub. Haha I've just realised how much this trip report involves drinking, but I assure you we aren't alcoholics! Lol.

Around midnight we headed back to the hotel for some much needed sleep!

Day 6

The last day of our holiday, and we ended it with a day out in London. We were up and out by 10am and headed for breakfast at the yummy bagal factory stand in Victoria Station. They are so yummy, everyone should try them!

After breakfast we caught the tube to Euston to drop off our bags in left luggage, then over to London bridge for a walk along the thames to the Tower of London, one of my favourite places...ever!

We had a great visit to the Tower, with a fantastic tour guide as usual, and a good 3 hours taken up!

Tower of London - Queen's House

Jewel House at the Tower of London

Tower Green memorial

Prisoner graffiti in the Beauchamp Tower at the Tower of London.

The White Tower

After the Tower we went for lunch at a Bar and Grill, before heading over to Harrods for a little shopping and some Krispy Kreme Donuts, before meeting up with our friend for more shopping and drinks in Covent Garden. Afterwards we went to our favourite Italian Restaurant in Soho which does 15 inch pizzas!

After dinner we said goodbye to our friend and had a walk to Euston Station to pick up our bags and settling down to wait for our trains home.

When 9pm came it was time to catch my train home after an amazing trip and I was very sad to see it end!

Heres a video of our trip;

[youtube:15p7ng66]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3wim54mbfQ[/youtube:15p7ng66]

That brings an end to my trip report, I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it! :D

smurfy74

loved it , loved it, loved it, glad you had such a good time, your pics were great. thankyou.