Space Ranger Scores

Started by Anthony, March 28, 2006, 02:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Since Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast has now welcomed a lot of guests and opens very very soon, I thought it was about time we got one of these topics, for those lucky people who've been on it already. :wink:

So post your best scores from the new attraction right here!

Photographic evidence of scores would be a good idea, although I understand you might not manage to get this every time.  Just dont say "899,999" without proof! lol :lol:

:arrow: Note: Discussion about the attraction itself should go here.

Current top scores:

1. Raptor1982: 999.999

2. Flor: 764.000

3. RnRCj: 630,000

4. Baloo: 515,400

5. Poppy the Monkey: 456,455

6. Lightning McQueen: 314,600

7. Soap: 222.000

8. Jon: 155,600

9. Flookie: 108000

10. Patmagic: 89,000

11. Fantillusion: 40,000

flor

personal highscore till now 55.800 points, :( rather disappointed, no pictures yet. Next week we'll get some pictures on the event as proof :d

Kristof

106.000 points

Poppy The Monkey

Hi everyone!

I'm back after a fantastic short stint at dlrp.

Buzz is brilliant.  It is already in my top 3 rides in the park.

Top score after aboout 28 attempts was only 456,455  :?   :roll:

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"only 456,455  :?   :roll:
That actually seems like a pretty good score to me, from seeing lots of others.

I quite like that even the obsessive fans of the resort aren't getting the top scores yet.  They've obviously designed the attraction well enough that you have to really train yourself up to reach the top. :lol:

Kristof

It's also about hitting the right target.

Right before I left Planet Z, I turned my space cruiser around and hit a target that looked a bit out of place, but suddenly a little green men jumped out of a box holding another Z, which gave me a huge boost in my points!  It's really lots of fun to find those.

Oh I hope they've fixed the Alien in the Box by now. (Poppy the Monkey, have you seen that effect working during the days you were there?)

Poppy The Monkey

Yes, the alien in the box worked on the cast preview day and on a Wednesday night soft opening a couple of weeks ago.

But by Tuesday last week it was stuck open.

Another temperamental effect was the flying pterodactyl style bird. This kept on sticking as it tried to spin around, making an awful clicking noise. This happened on all but 2 of the times I rode it.

I suppose my top score wasn't too bad in the broader scale. But a friend of mine from the EPC dept, who often plays Belle managed to get the top score 999,999 on her first visit to the attraction while I was sitting in the same ride vehicle and managed less than 200,000. It's a fix!!

Actually just changing the subject , I spend the whole of an evening in the park with the fabulous "Belle", and it just so amazing to see the difference a costume makes even for face characters. During the morning the guests were pushing and shoving for hours just to see her, but loose the wig and she is just one of the crowd being pushed and shoved in the queuelines.

A little funny story here, while we were in the queue for Big Thunder Mountain, one little girl in front kept staring at "Belle" who was wearing a hat because it was absoloutly freezing, the girl kept staring for about 20 minutes, she kept wispering at her mother who was English and kept saying "don't be so stupid - be quiet"  Just before we were about to get on the train the girl turned around and said "I know your really Belle in disgise so you can go on the rides without Gaston following you, but can I have another autograph because I lost my book from yesterday".
It was priceless, she said it so fast and her mother was looking shocked in the background.

The happy ending was that she get her booked signed, and her theory about the disguise to "hide from Gaston" was fantastically eloborated on by "Belle" to make sure we preserved the magic for the little girl.

Anyway top scores......

experiment627

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The happy ending was that she get her booked signed, and her theory about the disguise to "hide from Gaston" was fantastically eloborated on by "Belle" to make sure we preserved the magic for the little girl.

Priceless! Stories like these really make me miss working for the Mouse...

(Btw, is she one of Belle's French assistants? Had the pleasure of meeting a very charming and beautiful French girl a couple of years back... You couldn't think of a more perfect "friend" for Belle than her...)

Masamune

:P Cute story... :roll: though why anyone would want to hide from Gaston is beyond me... :lol:

:D Can't wait to try the Buzz ride when we visit in October!

Patrick

Well have to say I'm impressed with the attraction, how its layed out and how fun the spinning and warp speed idea is cool.  Though the targets can sometimes be really annoying to hit, especially with some so high up.  Only saw the toy in the box working yesterday and also it wasnt fully working only just sat up not moving up and down like I suspect it should.  

My current highest score is a rubbish 89,000 :lol: , I think I need more practice.

Kristof

Something 144.000 past saturday.

Anthony

Well, Buzz wasn't working very well this afternoon at all. :(  In the time I was in the loading area I saw 5 Space Cruisers whose unload mechanism (where the front tips forward) wasn't working go past - with each one they stopped the ride and quickly tried to desperately fix it.  The 2 space cruisers behind me were covered over with black cloth.

And whilst I was on the ride, it stopped FIVE times!  I thought I was going to miss my train home! lol  I managed to get a nice score of 200,000+ something though...  8)

They need to sort out the fastpass queue - it snakes out from the attraction right across the entrance to the land.  I guess having the entrance to Le Vis so far away in the corner made sense after all...

I like the ride though - good fun, if a little bit too 2D for my liking.  The main Buzz and Zurg animatronics are worth queueing for though.

Queues were about 50mins on Saturday but then up to about 60mins the rest of the weekend, and they didn't really get any shorter than that.  Fastpasses were gone by 2pm, and with those problems today the wait time went up to 90mins!  Which is a pretty good thing really.  :D

Quick thank you to Patrick for those fastpasses, wouldn't have got on it again twice this morning without them.  :wink:

Kristof

1 May 2006: 189.200 without stops

Anthony

Well done!  I'm still amazed just how hard it is to get a higher score on Laser Blast - I'm sure some Americans must either lie about their score or visit DLR/WDW far too often!

How many times have you been on the attraction now, Kristof?  Is it still fun after quite a few goes?

Kristof

Oh yeah, it's still lots of fun!  I think I've done it about 10-15 times!