Disney Blockbuster Café

Started by Kristof, April 24, 2009, 11:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

Put them on Tram Tour sure  :-k  :-k

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Maarten"I do regret that certain props have been removed like the Star Wars flying machine and the skycraper used in Armageddon. But who knows, maybe they will reuse them somewhere in the restaurant. After all, Armageddon and Star Wars were both blockbusters aswell right?

I'm personally predicting a couple more additions appearing on the Studio Tram Tour :wink:  :P

Kristof

The Wild Cat posters are visibility tests.  :)

Riebi

Ok! I can see them! They are visible! :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Magic M

Can someone post a pic of the mentioned Star wars flying machine?  I didn't spot this last time I went - and I'll never get a chance to spot it again!!

Was it definately from Star Wars?

MM

Kristof

Here it is...

It's a real prop from Return of the Jedi.

More photos.

Anthony

McFly has now posted on Disney Central Plaza that works end 15th July 2009.

Did it actually close to guests last week as reported?

Kristof

Grandmath reports on DCP that Backlot Express re-opened today after its closure, but no theming has been added yet.

Anthony

Ahh, this picture must be from yesterday then:

Love it. "FERME POUR TRAVAUX" in bold black ink. "California... blah blah.. better signs... blah" :wink:

Nicholas-c

re-opens 15th july ? Will post pictures then ;) I happen to be there :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

phantom247

Still open for business but new floring is now down in the High School Musical area.

RnRCj

Small update from mouetto at Disney Central Plaza:

The "Express" sign has been removed, as well as the "restaurant" sign just above the door.

*TIMMIE*

I liked the old concept. Hope it is not all thrown away. :(

RnRCj

And now we have another update, from Boby at Disney Central Plaza:

It's a shame how the main focus seems to be on HSM, and less on POTC. Can a HSM fan let us know if this banner has actually appeared in any of the films?

CafeFantasia

As has been said in other posts, this is Disney doing branding rather than themeing. They don't want to transport you to a time or place anymore. They're not even trying. They don't care. They just want to overlay enough branding to associate with a movie.