Should there be a Disneyland in every country?

Started by Ben mower, April 11, 2009, 08:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben mower

i think there should be
but will it be less magical? :shock:

paul

It would be nice, but wouldn't be financially viable - think of the catchment area for DLRP and how it struggles at times to make money... if it was purely french people going there, and seperate parks in the UK, Spain, Germany etc also trying to seek enough visitors, sooner or later some parks would shut or the amount of money being invested back into park development would be so small the quality would suffer.

Ben mower

disnyland paris was going to be bult in paris or rainmham near were i live but paris 1
 :cry:

Willow

Never.

I think after the next Resort that should be the end for many years, they have the majority of the world voered by parks.
There is a limit before they start diluting the audience.

In America they aim WDW at everyone but only aim Anaheim at people in California mainly, if they aimed California at everyone WDW audience would become too diluted. (Note: You never see advert for Anaheim, only Florida in the UK)

Luigi

i think not, if in every country (even in Luxembourg ?) would be a Disneyland, it would mean less people would visit a park and therefor the parks would be really small compared to the big ones now, where they expect more people from more than one country.

DisneyMichelle

No Way!

i thnk it would totally ruin the magic behind it, if you had a disneyland on your doorstep i think the novelty of it would wear off after a few years.

Its part of the Disney Magic travelling abroad to go visit.

Just little old me's opinion!  :D
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

disney-dan

Put it this way; I wouldnt spend 2 weeks of the year at a Disneyland in the UK (where I live), but I book at least 2 weeks a year at WDW. I probably wouldnt even go for the day every year. I think the appeal of Disney is its a holiday and generally holidays are taken abroad.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

littlemermaid83

No way!

I wouldn't be more inclined to visit it one was just on my door step.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Mrs. Jennes

it would be horrible, too usual!
i'm very satisfied that there is one here in europe, maybe they should build another one in australia for the australian and new zeelandish people ;D

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

DopeyDad

Disney Resort Bromford scheduled to open 2010
New credit crunch land and swine flume ride already confirmed.
themed restaurants offering black pudding and salmonella expected.
I'm there!

Javey74

No, I think the resorts we have are adequate.  :wink:  :D

I also think it would take the edge off the magic if there was a resort in every country, it would be too easy to go and I'd go too often..  :shock:

Polite Notice>> Can you put the 'i' and 'e' in Disneyland in your topic title, it would look much better..  :mrgreen:

bigrossco

NO!

I think where they have them are just right
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

CentralPlazaPerson

Not every country but maybe every continent.
Disneyland Africa  8)
and for the Polar researchers Disneylantarctica  :mrgreen:

Mrs. Jennes

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Not every country but maybe every continent.
Disneyland Africa  8)
and for the Polar researchers Disneylantarctica  :mrgreen:

yeppp :)
that would be very useful :D

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

CentralPlazaPerson

Yes so everyone could get a slice of Disney :)