[TDR] Tokyo Disneyland Hotel - 2008

Started by Skellington, March 12, 2006, 07:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Latest news from Disneytheque;

QuoteThe finalization of the building continues with the installation of the fountain in front of the Fantasia Lobby of the hotel, the vegetation takes root, but also the installation of gardens and accessories that embellish and finally testing of systems' lighting.

Photos;

And we have lights ! .... Sort of

I think the hotel does look nice but the lights  :oops:
I think lights like these on a hotel more suit a hotel by a lake or the sea!

Photos; DeepDisney

penfold12

I didnt like this hotel when I first saw it, but now I think it looks truely spectacular. Its so big its unreal.

One thing, the concept artwork show the hotel from the other side, and the entrance being a horse shoe shape with more flora etc, I would love to see it from that side.

Also notice the fantasia statues still wrapped up on one of those photos? This looks fantastic

Malin

Hotel is coming along very nicely, it looks like work is almost complete, and as this hotel won't be taking reservations until July, I wonder what the hotel will be doing.

Riebi

Every time I see a new pic of it it seems to get more ugly. I loved the concept art cause it looks so grand and also very lighty, airy. But now I can just see a big box. Not very disney IMO. The Miracosta isn´t my hotel, too, cause I don´t see the need for me to travel to an Mediterranean resort if I can have this just a bit in the south. But it´s very disney with the charme of lost atlantis or an wonderful evening at italy. Tokyos Disneyland Hotel seems to me like a big ugly victorian "Plattenbau" (I don´t know the english word maybe "building made with precast concrete slabs")
Were is the wonderful facileness of the concept art?
And I must deny my contribution from above. It doen´t look like an normal european grand hotel which you can find at every corner. It looks worse.  :oops:  :cry:
Absolutly not impressed.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Malin

You may think it looks ugly but compare to the rest of the industrial area that surrounds this Resort, the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is a huge improvement. Unless you've been to the Tokyo Disney Resort its very hard for people to understand just how well this hotel fits in, especially as right behind it is train tracks, motorways and apartment buildings.

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Malin"You may think it looks ugly but compare to the rest of the industrial area that surrounds this Resort, the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is a huge improvement. Unless you've been to the Tokyo Disney Resort its very hard for people to understand just how well this hotel fits in, especially as right behind it is train tracks, motorways and apartment buildings.
I must admit this hotel doeslook better then some ive seen in holiday brochers but still thinking its lacking a little disney magic
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Riebi

I know it´s always hard to say something again Tokyo Disney Resort, cause it seems to be a holy cow for much fans!  :lol:
But I just can say: The Hotel could look better. And that there are highways and industrial areas doesn´t make its appearance better. The concept art seems to my like a real counterpart to the areas around the resort. But the mostly finished hotel seems more to show how such areas would had looked at victorian times.

The Tokyo Disney hotel doesn´t say to me "Come in, you are welcome every time" it say just "stay out! I´m a real fortress and you shouldn´t come near to me". And for me it hasn´t the message of Disneyland. It´s not the message of the happiest place on earth. A place for every girl, boy, man, woman, all.
It´s just like "Yes WE are the most HAPPIEST PLACE all over the universe. And if you´re not HAPPY enough for us...we will make you! And if that won´t happen to you and you´re not HAPPY after our very hard arguments of HAPPINESS...we kill you at the 13. floor". Maybe the real tower of terror :lol:  :lol:

Noooo I won´t take a step into this fortress! I´m afraid!  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Remco K.

Some new pictures.

Source: TDLFan on the MiceChat forums (hosted by Disneytheque)

Anthony

It's looking much, much better since they painted some of the lower parts of the buildings in different colours. Very clever idea to break up this monster.

Entrance and view are also very nice. I guess one plus about this design is that waay more rooms than in Paris will have a park view.

littlemermaid83

It looks amazing :)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Remco K.

Some interior photos found on Disneytheque:

empaire

It's a amazing!!!!!!!

I just in to 8 Days to go in JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We visit;

Tokyo, Tokyo Disenyland Resort in the 25th celebration on resort, and the others cityes of Japan and the others theme parks we visit

Universal Japan
Parque España
FujiQ Higland

I will be my third experience in celebrations disney parks, in 2006 the 50 anniversary of the first Disney park at Walt Disney World (The Happiest Celebration on Earth), in 2007 the 15 anniversary of DLRP and now the 25 anniversary of TKDR.

:lol:  :D  :oops:  :D  :P

By
THE YEAR TO LIVE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!!!

penfold12

//http://picasaweb.google.com/rkyam1/NewTokyoDisneylandHotel

The above link is to the photo album of a couple who went to th eopening of the new hotel, and stayed. The views from the hotel are amazing!

Kellogs

Wow, that hotel is truly stunning. The veiws absolutely amazing! The castle, TOT and Journey to the centre of the earth, all in one veiw! WOW!

It must be amazing to stay there, I am very impressed just by the pictures!

Remco K.

I like the huge indoor plaza with the classic elevators. Brilliant!