Your Restaurant Reviews! (2006–2012)

Started by Anthony, March 10, 2006, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_B

Ok so here goes  :wink:

Inside the parks :

Bella Notte - The best place we've found for pizza and pasta in the parks, Both the lasgane and pizza are perfectly acceptable and usually hot.

Casey Jones - Great hotdogs and chicken nuggets for the kids. Fast service. Can get a bit boring after a week though  :wink:

Victorias on Main Street - Decent sandwiches and cakes - makes a nice change from fast food.

Oustide The parks :

Cafe Mickey - Good food but quite expensive. HOWEVER if you have children this is the place to eat at least once for the photo opportunities. If you do make sure you go at the times when characters are around (they're published in the window etc). Please book via the hotel concierge as soon as you arrive at DLRP. Once again I'll say this is the place to get all your character photos.

Annettes Diner - The best and most reasonable prices at DLRP. Great american style food.

Planet Hollywood - Same quality as the other planets. A bit more expensive than annettes. Again american style food.

???? Deli - Can't remember the name but good for a quick sandwich or cake in my wife's case.

Thats about it as we never eat in any of the hotel restaurents etc.

Hope this helps.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

esmeralda

That's kind of a summary what me and my family usually eats or favors during our trips:

Toad Hall: fish 'n chips (the double version- 2fishes enough for 2 people) mostly hot and
              simply very good, my father never misses salade fraicheur

Victoria's Home style cooking- Pizza Mickey( a piece Pizza in shape of Mickey's head)        
                                       simply my favorite Pizza in the park, nice and fresh Donuts

Au Chalet de la Marionette- half chicken,well spiced, a lot of meat  :D

Colonel Hathi's / Pizzeria Bella Notte- nice Pizza and pasta( Bolognese, Napoli)

Fuento del Oro- really nice and spicy chicken wings great Brownies as dessert

Gibson Girl- great ice cream( not Ben & Jerries) the same at
Fantasia Gelati- many flavours

Cowboy Cookout- prefer half chicken in very delicious Barbecue sauce or spare ribs in    
                       the same sauce

Hakuna Matata- last summer: family menu with a bucket of spicy chicken pieces and
                        1,5l coke

Auberge de Cendrillon- in 1995 special offer; possibility to have only fantastic ice cream
                                  in shaped bowls matching the theme. Wonderful memory to sit
                                    in the backyard, 30 degrees, Cinderellas carriage..."sigh" :D

Sandwiches NY styled- best french baguettes( for example ham & cheese), always
                              fresh and crunchy, big fries similar to Toad Hall's chips

En Coulisse- Pizza as usual in the Resort, fantastic Bacon cheese Burger

Cafe des Cascadeurs- Ben& Jerries ice cream

The "spicy chicken" variations I've mentioned are all differently flavored, just hard to describe :D
In general very pleased about offer, selection and standard of these counter service restaurant!!  :D
Julia

kingdomheartskatie

just back from paris yesterdfay. the resteraunts i ate at were,

Mr toads - Extremly good fish and chips
chauteau de marrionette - good nuggets
the cowboy cookout - amazing barbecue ribs and there was good food for vege taians e.g. omlette burger
Mcdonalds - same as everywhere, didnt like it, my friend was sick after
cafe mickey - amazing, great food, fast servce, and disney charcter and a set menu of 30 euros (wel worth it).

cpt sparrow

had a great meal at cowboy cookout in frontierland. chilli burger was lovely. only problem was due to my truly shocking use of the french language i ended up with four of them. im sure there`s a moral there. at least i didnt go hungry. :lol:

scotslass

Hi All

We're just back fom a 5 day stay - we had an amazing time.

Here's my views of the places we ate. We had half board standard Vouchers.

Plaza Gardens
lovely setting but the food wasn't that good very salty. The layout of the buffet was also very odd desserts were between the two main course food areas which made it difficult to access. reminded me of school dinners

Chuck Wagon

Buffet style again but really nice. A good variety -meatballs, quiches, raost chicken. spare ribs, stew, ratatouli, pizza, rissotto, chips, chicken nuggets, salmon, carrots, brocoli, cauliflour, sweetcorn and lots of salad. The desserts were amazing 15 to chose from. We ate here twice as it was so good. We stayed in the santa Fe and we went to look at the buffet but weren't impressed. Not as much choice. The restaurant is also really clean.

Cafe Mickey Character lunch.
Set meal 9.5 Euros child 30 euros for adults. Kids choices pizza, pasta etc all shaped as the mouse himself. Adult starter soup, caeser salad, mushroom, garlic bread. Main Fish chips, steak, pasta. Had creme brulee for pud - mmmmmm. There were 6 character doing the rounds all lovely and in fine spirits. The kids loved this.

Annette's diner

Was ok the atmoshpere was nice rollerskating waiters. The portions were massive didn't taste as fresh as would have thought. Filled a gap when we were hungry. Ever kind of burger ( and yet more chips). Didn't have to pay extra Adult got starter and main  kids main and dessert.

Hope this helps

Scotlass

Jayna62

:pluto: When we were staying at the Davy Crockett last week we ate at Crockett's Tavern which we all enjoyed. It was a buffet like Lucky Nugget and the other hotel restaurants. There was plently to choose from - a selection of salad starters, prawns. There were dishes like salmon in beurre blanc sauce, chicken, barbeque ribs, roast pork, chilli etc. Plenty for the little ones. There must have been a choice of about 10 -15 desserts to try as well as a cheese board selection all this for 67 euro's for 3 people including soft drinks and a bottle of wine. We spent 2 hours in the Tavern which was all decked out in it's Christmas finery - Magical! :D

Pete's Dragon

My perfect Disney Eating experience ( If I had the money )

Breakfast 8am: Cafe Mickeys. An absolute must at least once per visit.
Lunch 11.30am: Casey's Hotdogs. Mmmmm yummy, followed by an apple taken from Cafe Mickeys
Dinner 4pm: Billy Bob's Buffet. The chilli is nice if not at all spicy, and you can't beat the selections for dessert (so why fight it, have a bit of each)
Late Snack 8.30pm : Annettes Diner for the Incredible burger challenge

Sadly the total price for this is equivalent to the gross annual product of some small countries,but you can always dream.

P.s. Forgot to squeeze in a donut

Magic M

*** CAFE MICKEY *** (Last night!)

It was coming to the end of my annual trip to DLRP and my girlfriend Gemma's first ever trip - so I decided to take her out for a nice meal.  I've eaten in Planet Hollywood before and know the food is good but I thought I'd try Cafe Mickey - it seemed like the perfect Disney end to a perfect Disney holiday!

We arrived at about 7ish without making a reservation, wondering if we'll get a table.  Can't be that many people wanting a table for two in this family fun-zone...  They found us a table, not to near the screaming kids - and Mickey was there to greet us!  The Main Mouse pulled out our chairs, gave us our menu and even made a recommendation!!  Talk about service!  Photos and autographs... obviously...

We decided to go for the Set Menu - 3 courses for 30 Euros.

We both had the starter of roasted garlic mushrooms on a hotplate with a WHOLE BULB OF GARLIC!!  The starters came out quickly and was very nicely presented.

For Main, Gemma had the Pluto Steak (Mickey's suggestion!!) in a challot sauce.  Which came out a little rarer than she'd like but loved the sauce.  I had the Pinocchio Pasta which was loaded with veggies, shitake mushrooms and chicken in a creamy garlic sauce - awesome!

For dessert we both had the Snow White Apple Tart (which I think is slightly bad taste considering...) with Butterscotch Ice Cream - it was just to die for!  We were waiting a bit for our desserts and second round of drinks but with the plethora (I love that word) of characters working the room you didn't worry to much!

Big cudos to the Sheriff of Nottingham he had the best schtick - huge belly, huge ar$e etc...

Overall with tips about 40 Euros a head which isn't bad considering all the free entertainment.

Rayn2409

I love the idea of eating in DLP however, I have to a picture of a vegetable as my kids seem to forget what they look like by the end of the stay!

Anyway.... Best experience(s) would be....

4th Place, Walts... great location, if you time it right you can catch a parade whilst eating dinner.  Theming is lovely but for large parties it is difficult to get a table together.

3rd Place, Hunters Grill .... Really surprised by the selection, I am a big fan of buffets as they offer the sort of choice that means the kids can try stuff without you worrying about ordering something they won't eat.

2nd Place, Inventions...lovley food excellent choice and good selection of characters...bloomin expensive though!

1st Place, Cafe Mickey... Would go back time and time again, expensive but the kids love it and you really feel like you are part of the disney theme.

And the booby prizes....

in 3rd place....  Silver steak house.  not good steak, and not great service.  

in 2nd place.. The Blue Lagoon, have been on several occasions but the service is soooo sllllooooowww and the carribean food selection doesn't really "wash" with the kids.

and the 1st place goes to... The Rain Forest Cafe.  Food was over priced and we even got a visitor crawling across the plate.  YUCK!!!

Rayn
Rayn
DCR Nov Dec 1998 (Just the two of us)Davy Crockett Dec Dec 2001 (Baby makes three)DPH Dec 2002 (Baby still makes three but we thought we would go posh DPH Dec 2003 (WE LOVE POSH!) DPH Dec 2005 (twins arrive... babies make 5!!) NYH Jan 2007 ( 3 kids are expensive, decided not to be quite so Posh) SQ Jan 2008 (help, have to book two rooms now,gulp).

loulou123

Here are my reviews from my trips to disney:

*Cafe Mickey-fantastic deserts, tho very expensive, can also get very very busy when the characters are around.

*Chuckwagon-buffet with a good choice of food, poss not too much here for vegatarians, as emphasis is on meat products, but all the food is well cooked and hot.

* Planet Hollywood-expensive but worth it, the portions are huge and the food is fantastic :P also just seems a special place to eat, the staff are attentive, downsides are the queues and waits can be long and the photographer can be anoying!

*Buffalo Bills-i didnt like the food, not that there was anything wrong with it, just not my kind of meal! The others in my party liked it tho, and i personally didnt go for the food anyways.

*The plaza-we always eat at the buffet here at least once a stay, there is a good choice and all the food tastes nice. You can also get crepes etc, which is a bit different as a dessert from the usual cakes at the buffets.

*Casey Jones-ok food, rather expensive, personally would rather leave the park and have a Mcdonalds

*Mcdonalds-relatively cheap and cheerful, good for a hot meal (?) without breaking the bank.

*The sweet shop on Main Street (sorry cant remember its name!) this place has the BEST biscuits in the world (the ones shaped like Mickeys head!) and all the biscuits and fudge etc are well worth a look! :wink:

caffeine_demon

I found the food whilst expensive was all pretty decent. And I liked the flexibility on the half board vouchers - most places would give you the set menu, like it or lump it..

night 1 - Hunters grill, SL hotel

Great buffet - nicve range of stuff, and the lasagne was almost as good as my mums,...  great sausages too!

brekkies at SL -  cereal, rolls, meats, cheeses, jams - usual things - nice rolls and croissants - but the cheese should have been sliced instead of cubed....

lunch 1 - chaklet de marrionette - nice half chicken - not too sure abouyt all the herbs, but it was nicely cooked.

night 2 - c afe mickey - had the set menu - the mushrooms were nice,m and served on a hot platter - a couple of cloves in, I discovered that the strange vegetable thing was actually a whole bulb of garlic !!!
The steak was pretty nice, dexcribed as "nutchers choice cut", so wasn'rt expecting rump or fillet.  The sauce was nice too.
The creme brulee was ace - lovely big bowl yum yum!
service was a lkittle slow - but the atmosphere with characters was good.

Lunch 2 - backlot express at studios - had a croque with mushrooms - filling an d pretty tasty for theme park lunch

night 3 - king ludwigs castle - good prices (18 euros for the 2 course menu) - the leak and potato soup was good and tasty, and the pasta imn cheese was goiod too!  the dark wheat beer was very good too - service

lunch 3 - colonel hathi's pizza - Very good pizza here, nicely seasoned and served pretty quickly, and hot.

dinner 3 - billy bobs.  Slightly limited choice here - but the chilli and the fajita's were very good

sara82

Cafe Mickey was FAB  :D We had pre ordered the meal and it was from the set menu, deffo worth pre ordering from the uk as we paid about £62 for 2 adults 1 child and our infant age 2 was given baby food, thats ok for her as she has special needs and eats mashed food  but I dont think my eldest daughter would of eaten it a 2 years old.
So great saving compared to the bill that said 80 euros
I had Fantasia Mushrooms to start and Fish and chips for main they were both really yummy and nicley presented. Then for my desert I had apple pie this was delicious.
The Character interaction is great and even with characters there evereyone was relaxed and enjoying their meals, waiting their turn.
I will be going back

sav182

Hello all.

We love Annettes, and always visit when we go. We really like the theming, and I think it is good value for money. We also like Rainforest and Planet Hollywoods.

I would however like to try somewhere a bit more Disney, maybe Walt's or Auberge de Cendrillon. Could anyone give me some pointers, or recommend any other good Disney themed restaurants?

Also would I need to book for Walts or Auberge de Cendrillon?
Grumpy, my Prince Charming!!!!

Agent Lex

If you can get a table at Walt's for about 3:30pm (I think that's the latest they take lunch bookings) then you might get a chance to see the parade go by, especially at the quieter times of year. I absolutely recommend Walt's, not only for that view but also the service level there was excellent when I went.

Haven't been to Auberge de Cendrillon, but I think it's the type of place that would need booking in advance, as it's the Princess character dining meals they do there, and those tend to fill up quick.
That said, I don't think the need to book is quite as urgent as, say, Cinderella's Royal Table at Disney World, where you need to phone up exactly 90 days in advance, when the lines open, speak as quickly and clearly as you can, and hope for the best...

cahaya

Number One: Cafe Mickey. Was there at all times of the day. A must on every visit. I love the character meals and it is the best chance to get character pictures AND a very good meal. The breakfast buffet is delicious, too.

Number Two: Walts. I love the Cinderella Slipper and the Walts pictures in the ordering card (don't know the right english word) and the whole atmosphere there.

Number Three: Cowboy Cookout Barbecue. I love the food and it is mostly not so overcrowded as the other Fast Food Restaurants.

And I love the garlic bread at the Pizzeria Bella Notte. But the pizza in whole Disneyland is just .... :-(
The brownies from Victorias are also a must for me.
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney