[TDR] Midway Mania for DisneySea?

Started by Anthony, January 27, 2009, 08:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

According to Blue Sky Disney blog:

QuoteThe Oriental Land Company has decided that the next attraction that Tokyo DisneySEA will be getting is going to be a variation of DCA's Toy Story Midway Mania. Boy was that a mouthful!

And yes, it will be going into the American Waterfront port of the park, but it appears to not be going where some people have thought. Most thought that it would be wedged somewhere in the Victorian themed New York area of this section, when it will most likely be placed in the nostalgic and decidedly more rural Cape Cod section.

For those of you that have seen the area, the American Waterfront section was really without any attraction(read: ride) until the expansion that brought the Tower of Terror to the park. That still left the Cape Cod area a beautiful, but attractionless area of the park. No more. Or at least soon it will be no more.

Planning is underway to have this be the next ride that is announced. WDI is/has been designing the area in which this attraction will go and should everything go according to plan, you should expect an announcement about it later this year.
Source

Cape Cod is the fishing village area of American Waterfront:

Source

So it seems like the Midway/Boardwalk theme would be played up a lot. If this is true...

RnRCj

I really hope this doesn't happen. DisneySea is the best Disney park in the world; TSMM has the potential to ruin it in my opinion...

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"I really hope this doesn't happen. DisneySea is the best Disney park in the world; TSMM has the potential to ruin it in my opinion...
Why?

I read this and thought Toy Story could never fit in DisneySea, let alone American Waterfront, but looking at the actual area above, the kinda wholesome charm of it, that mixed with the board walk games of Midway Mania would probably be ok.

I might have to ban myself for this, but the current Cape Cod looks very boring indeed.

RnRCj

To be honest, I think the area looks pretty boring too. It seems very dull and doesn't have any life to it (Never thought I'd say that about DisneySea!).

I just think they could choose a better a ride than TSMM. So far DisneySea has been pretty much perfect in Disney standards, but I think that shoving a brightly coloured Toy Story ride could ruin it. The area needs a bit of life, but I think Toy Story would be going a bit too far.