Phantom Manor

Started by Disneyland Paris Treasures, January 14, 2009, 12:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Lex

It's nearly impossible to miss Leota! :P She's the head in the crystal ball, in the room right before the ballroom.

Clarebelle

I haves a video somewhere....
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Clarebelle

Here we go....

[youtube:3llpudeb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lofy7bX-WE&feature=channel_page[/youtube:3llpudeb]

Miss Tinkerbell

No my mistake, of course l saw her, but l was referring to the second picture, but l know now it's when you go out.  l always thought that was Melanie (the bride) but now l know it's also Leota.

Agent Lex

Well, it's "Little Leota" - so named because, at the American version, it's the same face being projected onto both heads, the face of Leota Toombs (yes, that was really her last name). Only Little Leota is actually voiced by Leota Toombs though, Madame Leota is voiced by Eleanor Audley (who also voiced Maleficent, I believe).

Why yes, I am a bit of a Mansion/Manor nut.

Clarebelle

so does anyone know why Leota is dressed as the bride?

pussinboots

Quote from: "Agent Lex"Well, it's "Little Leota" - so named because, at the American version, it's the same face being projected onto both heads, the face of Leota Toombs (yes, that was really her last name). Only Little Leota is actually voiced by Leota Toombs though, Madame Leota is voiced by Eleanor Audley (who also voiced Maleficent, I believe).

Why yes, I am a bit of a Mansion/Manor nut.

Yup! It's too bad both women are dead. Their replacement at Phantom Manor isn't bad by any means, but all the gothic-shade lipstick in the world aren't going to make her half as good as Ms Toombs and Ms Audley. Bless them, haha.

As for why Leota is dressed as the bride... I suppose that's because the Haunted Mansion has no storyline and it's just another random gimmick thrown in there? In Phantom Manor, though, Little Leota's face is different(ly made up?) from Leota Leota. So even though their voices are the same, "Little Leota" here is probably supposed to be "Little Bride" and no one else.

They probably used Oona Lind's voice for both because, well, voice actresses who can do eerie in two languages aren't easy to come by. But I'm just guessing.

Flounder

Quote from: "pussinboots"As for why Leota is dressed as the bride... I suppose that's because the Haunted Mansion has no storyline and it's just another random gimmick thrown in there? In Phantom Manor, though, Little Leota's face is different(ly made up?) from Leota Leota. So even though their voices are the same, "Little Leota" here is probably supposed to be "Little Bride" and no one else.
That's true - "Little Leota" in Paris is indeed the "Little Bride". But fans still refer to her as Little Leota ;)

Cheers,
Flounder

Kristof

I did a video this week of the new seance room:

[dailymotion:2tnp3f60]x8kmzx[/dailymotion:2tnp3f60]

Enjoy!

The Butlin Boy

Thanks Kristof, it's a great video. I think the Leota effects do look a lot better now :)

ColdSun

thanks a lot for the video. The Little Bride is really creepy I think :shock:

RnRCj

Thanks for the video Kristof! How were all the other effects in the manor doing? Was everything still working? :lol:

SophieD

Thanks for the video Kristof! I must also agree that Madame Leota looks much better now!!  :D  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Kristof

Quote from: "RnRCj"Thanks for the video Kristof! How were all the other effects in the manor doing? Was everything still working? :lol:

Only the smoke wasn't working throughout the attraction, except behind the singing busts (which I've never seen before).

A few photos I've posted in our news report topic here.

Anthony

Is the second picture new or has it just not been lit very well before?

The new Leota is more different than I thought. It stills looks a little bit like a plastic ball with a wig on top though. (Don't worry, I'll slap myself for saying something bad about PM like that) :wink: