Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casschr05

I hope they have that LE St Patricks day Stitch pin in Cambridge tomorrow!

Clarebelle

if not I will let you know about Norwich :D
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

casschr05

Quote from: "Clarebelle"if not I will let you know about Norwich :D
thank you  :D  :D

just praying they have them at cambridge so I don't need to trek up to Norwich  [-o<

Masamune

:P Before I went to DLRP, I bought the Buzz one and the Squirt one, both of which I traded away. Since coming back, I've bought the Lady and the Tramp one, the Bambi and Thumper one and the Wall-E one.

:D I can't wait for them to release the Alice and Cheshire one in March. Also, does anyone know when they're going to start the actual Pin Trading?

Masamune

:shock: I feel so bad for those of you who have to order them online. I'm so glad that Manchester is selling them. :P When that Alice/Cheshire pin comes out in March, I'm going to be there on the same day.

So far I've bought the Lady and the Tramp one, the Bambi and Thumper one and the Wall-E one.

casschr05

Quote from: "Masamune" :P Before I went to DLRP, I bought the Buzz one and the Squirt one, both of which I traded away. Since coming back, I've bought the Lady and the Tramp one, the Bambi and Thumper one and the Wall-E one.

:D I can't wait for them to release the Alice and Cheshire one in March. Also, does anyone know when they're going to start the actual Pin Trading?

A disney store Cast Member told me today that if the pins are successful then in the near future they will have the lanyards and actual pin trading!

casschr05

Just returned from Cambridge and very happy!!
They are selling pins and I brought:
* St Patrick Stitch
* Fab 5 group pin
* Walle
* Mickey (core pin)

The woman who served was very nice and it was quiet in the store so she started talking to me about the pins and asked if I already collected them.
She said that the pins are still being 'trialled' however so far they are popular and if they remain to be popular Cast Members will receive lanyards and pins to trade with guests :)
also in the near future (after the pins take off) lanyards will be sold :D

Masamune

:) It'll be great when they start proper pin trading. I wonder what cast members would have on their lanyards to begin with though. I doubt they would be wearing the pins that are for sale, as that would mean that people could trade for them instead of buying!

Clarebelle

Aw :( you beat me to it :( we were told the same thing today in Norwich)...

but did you spot this? ....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... =556950712

On the bottom right corner ;) has anyone seen this before? its Aurora (part of the same "series" as the "Cindy & Castle Pin" which will be a four part series :D when we asked the girls knew nothing about it *shrugs* but if it is going to be 4 part series one would conclude that it will be one from the series released each quarter, and that the princesses will be Aurora Cinderella Belle and Snow White? no?

Heres my collection so far :D (plus a couple of multiples lol I now have 3 Stitch Paddy's day LE ooops

I also just ordered the rest of the online ed  :oops: and the other valentines one :S this is going to proove expensive

disneydaniel

Hey Guys

This isnt a trial, that has already taken place. Layards will be in store early march and cast members will begin trading mid march with a selection of dlrp pins so you wont trade with the same ones you can buy. There are also gonna be disney store exclusive cast member pins only availiable if you trade.

Pin are available in all stores and the till point

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Captain Pan"I've been a Pin Shopping in Caerdydd (Cardiff)

Today's Aquistations: Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen and Mickey & Friends.
These take my collection up to 4 not bad considering I only had my first one last week!

Nearly bought one of the two valentines ones (Lady and the Tramp, The Muppets: Kermit and Miss Piggy) but chose the Mickey and Friends one that just so happened to be the store last one!

Roll on online sales I will be getting a couple more to the arsenal so by Teaching practise alongside these little treasures I will have a variety of Pixar themed waistcoats (That is If I can get hold of the fabrics - although Duvet covers might be handy in that respect)

Well Valentine has been nice to me... Another 3 Pins (I did Want 5... But Wendybird1 was cruel and heartless and prohibited me to 3)

WALL-E, Bolt & Mickey: Sorcerers Apprentice

Taking my collection to 8: 8? You may ask... Pan's only bought 3 and had 4 from Wendybird1

But a friend in Uni wanted to do some trading... and I gave her nothing... for a Sleepy from DLRP!

So 8 Pins!

Quote from: "Owain"Went in cardiffs disney store today and i couldnt find any pins  :(
Where are they situated in other stores ?

Owain: The Pins are located at the checkout in Caerdydd! Small Silver Frame with Black board (well thats what it was last time I was in our Capital!) Keep Searching!

thekirtley

I got this from the disney store in york today :D

Sorry about bad image quality, (It's stitch limited edition st. patricks day pin)
DLP visitor since the age of 2.
:)
Part time Student, Full Time Disney enthusiast.
:D

casschr05

Quote from: "disneydaniel"Hey Guys

This isnt a trial, that has already taken place. Layards will be in store early march and cast members will begin trading mid march with a selection of dlrp pins so you wont trade with the same ones you can buy. There are also gonna be disney store exclusive cast member pins only availiable if you trade.

Pin are available in all stores and the till point

Apparantly according to the Cast Members in Cambridge they are still being trialled to see if they take off in the 'smaller' stores
(unlike the trial pins in the 14 stores)
They want to see how successful they are before they start actual trading

Clare: I noticed that earlier! I guess its another release that hasnt been mentioned yet

Clarebelle

well as the core pins are only to be released quarterly... is it a boo boo?

casschr05

Quote from: "Clarebelle"well as the core pins are only to be released quarterly... is it a boo boo?

it could be :(
but you never know it may be an early release for whatever reason?