Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Masamune"I knew it was for Donald's 75th because I've seen the pins they're releasing in the American parks on the official pin trading website.
You're able to use that site? I just can't seem to get it to show anything upcoming, for a good while now.

casschr05

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "Masamune"I knew it was for Donald's 75th because I've seen the pins they're releasing in the American parks on the official pin trading website.
You're able to use that site? I just can't seem to get it to show anything upcoming, for a good while now.

If your talking about officialdisneypintrading.com
the site works for me  :|  I hope you can get access to it soon

Hopefully tomorrow I can get to Cambridge tomorrow to get some more pins  [-o<

Agent Lex

Huh. It stopped actually updating the upcoming pins a while back, and I never went back there thinking it was dead. Seems to work now.

EDIT: It's still not showing the Disney Store UK pins on upcoming though, so it's still useless to me. Bah!

casschr05

At least the site works for you, typical they forget about us after a few months??  :lol: I really wish they kept updated on the UK Disney Store pin trading like they do usually for the World of Disney store on 5th street!

Just out of interest anyone been to the cambridge store recently, if so is the staff lanyards empty of cast lanyard pins?

:offtopic: I saw this on the official site, its part of a collection that I wouldn't mind getting
I hope that the Disney store does something similar someday!  :lol:

*edit: link would be good http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pint ... n?id=43758 *

Agent Lex

Well, grr. They had a Donald giftbox one at the Oxford Street store today, according to the CMs... it had been traded minutes before I got there!

I hope it was none of you *glares* :P

Javey74

Well I popped into my local Disney Store today, only to be told by Victoria, my new CM favourite, that none of the new stock had been delivered yet.  :(  That meant no Donald Pin or the Belle and Castle..  :(  :(

But.... Since Jen had just a few Pins to trade, she traded one of them to get me this Donald from the Cast Lanyard Series>>

She also traded for this one, which I also love, Jiminy Cricket>>

And... For getting me the Donald one for me by trading, I bought Jen both of the Limited Edition Evil Queen/Old Hag Pin and Malificent/Dragon Pin..  :D  Well she deserved them for getting me an alternative Donald.  I'll have to try again next week for the one I was originally after..  :wink:

Clarebelle

oooo Lex isnt going to be a happy bunny :lol:

:shock: I hope Norwich have the new stock in

oh no wait :( I cant go tomorrow, I have an early start doing a car boot :roll:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

Hey Javey..

I got this pin today as well in the belfast store! Did my first ever Trade and surprise surprise the girl who served me is a member of this board!!! :D  Magic_823

I also got the one of this type but with stitch instead of Donald!

i don't get it though I bought the bolt and buzz lighter pin and traded them with her...but i felt like I was robbin her of good pins and giving her cheap ones... like how does that benefit the cast members? :oops:  I am confused!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Hey Javey..

I got this pin today as well in the belfast store! Did my first ever Trade and surprise surprise the girl who served me is a member of this board!!! :D  Magic_823

I don't get it though I bought the bolt and buzz lighter pin and traded them with her...but i felt like I was robbin her of good pins and giving her cheap ones... like how does that benefit the cast members? :oops:  I am confused!
You see...'It's a Small World' ..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

As for your second comment Aveen, I thought that the last time Jen bought two £3 pins and traded at least one of them for a £5 one..  :? It seems when it comes to Pin Trading that size doesn't matter.  Though you probably won't see any LE's on there lanyards or Special Effect ones.  But yeah, in general they must lose a little between the £5 trading for the £3 ones..  :)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"Hey Javey..

I don't get it though I bought the bolt and buzz lighter pin and traded them with her...but i felt like I was robbin her of good pins and giving her cheap ones... like how does that benefit the cast members? :oops:  I am confused!
You see...'It's a Small World' ..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

As for your second comment Aveen, I thought that the last time Jen bought two £3 pins and traded at least one of them for a £5 one..  :? It seems when it comes to Pin Trading that size doesn't matter.  Though you probably won't see any LE's on there lanyards or Special Effect ones.  But yeah, in general they must lose a little between the £5 trading for the £3 ones..  :)

I think there was one or two limited Editions on her Lanyard but I just go for what I like really. Since the Donald and Stitch ones were so big I offered to replace them with £5 ones or ones she wanted but she said it didn't matter to her at all and that I should just buy the Cheap ones.. I found it odd lol, she was lovely though, very friendly. I did feel like a thief though :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

I know what you mean Aveen..  :mrgreen:  I don't think I'd dare attempt to do the same thing at DLRP mind..  8-[

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"I know what you mean Aveen..  :mrgreen:  I don't think I'd dare attempt to do the same thing at DLRP mind..  8-[

Lol no I don't think they would be too happy :wink: , in fact I think they would just say no lol. Although maybe it's worth a try lol...all they can do is say no :P  

Most people though don't really have a clue what pin trading is and I can't blame them. unless your a big fan you wouldn't really know. Magic_823 (Nadine) said that it's not really a big hit in the Belfast store.. I think she was happy to just have someone to do some trading with as she is in charge of it there. I still feel bad for trading her pins that you can buy in the store :oops:

The Belfast store didn't have the new pins in today  :evil: I asked her and she said they couldn't find them or something and then she turned around and said " are you Aveen?" I was like :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  ok this is freaky how does she know me...then she said she was on the board lol! 8)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Most people though don't really have a clue what pin trading is and I can't blame them. unless your a big fan you wouldn't really know.
This is definitely true, I was asking Victoria about this and she said that people were buying, but not great amounts and as for traders, just a few..  :shock:

I mentioned that in London traders have more stores, so if you lived in London you have more choice, but where it backfires is that a lot more trading happens and so Pins are harder to get, whereas here in the North of England it's a lot easier because there a fewer stores located within a tighter land area, aswell as less traders to buy all the pins up.  Bearing in mind the LE's alone are given out as only 20 per store on average..  :roll: They'd be gone in London within minutes for the avid collector..  :mrgreen:

So living as a Disney Pin Fanatic in the North of England does have it's merits..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"Most people though don't really have a clue what pin trading is and I can't blame them. unless your a big fan you wouldn't really know.
This is definitely true, I was asking Victoria about this and she said that people were buying, but not great amounts and as for traders, just a few..  :shock:

I mentioned that in London traders have more stores, so if you lived in London you have more choice, but where it backfires is that a lot more trading happens and so Pins are harder to get, whereas here in the North of England it's a lot easier because there a fewer stores located within a tighter land area, aswell as less traders to buy all the pins up.  Bearing in mind the LE's alone are given out as only 20 per store on average..  :roll: They'd be gone in London within minutes for the avid collector..  :mrgreen:

So living as a Disney Pin Fanatic in the North of England does have it's merits..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

very good point, never thought of that!! =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

Captain Pan

Anyone seen this Pin Before?

I'm not a great shot with the Camera (need lessons Javey)... hence the two... one of the shape and character colours and one of the Background colour...

Traded a CM for it in Cardiff on Thursday... whilst I purchased 2 Stitch Pins...

Anyone have any Info? I'd like to know a little bit more about it... The only thing I know is that its a 2008 Pin Trading Release... and for some reason (not that I mind) doesn't have the black Mickey head back but a traditional pin badge one...