Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsheeyore

I am gutted to be so far from a store with all the new pins that have been coming out - would love the valentines one :(  - never mind I am pleased there is new Tink pins coming out - we all have our own favs dont we which is what makes it a good hobby I think.  
xx

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

dlrpmad

Emma, I have one of the valentines day pins, if you would Like it!!! I really need a job so I can get more traders!!!!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Welsheeyore"I am gutted to be so far from a store with all the new pins that have been coming out - would love the valentines one :(  - never mind I am pleased there is new Tink pins coming out - we all have our own favs dont we which is what makes it a good hobby I think.  
xx

You can still buy them online
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Dorsetcandy

@Sean glad you made it to Disney Store and got the new pins,Emma will prob jump at chance of the valentines pin as i know she has had to curb her online spending cause she is coming to the pin meet in a few weeks! :D

@Ro great additions to your collection

Bit off topic but @Danny good luck with the move hope all gos well!!

Stitch2814

Awww thanks Sam, Im just sorting everything out now and Im all over the place lol Im all packed but its soo hard to pack away laptop as Im going to be bored otherwise hahaha

Clarebelle

Yay my pins came in the post yesterday!
Not going to post pics of them all as I am sure you have all got them/seen them in stores already, but here is the Online LE and the Surprise releases... (sorry for bad quality I took them in a rush on my iphone)

very pleased! we got 2 of each and very impressed with shipping time considering they only came out on friday

Belle's World

I like the lady and the tramp pin but the price as well as p&p costs put me off. Maybe if they gave you free delivery if you had it delivered to a store but you had to pay on the internet in advance i would consider it but £5 is so much esp if you are only buying 1 pin.

Clarebelle

the way I look at it is it would cost me about £5 petrol, parking and wear and tear on my car to drive to my nearest Disney Store (45 miles) so *shrugs* it really makes no difference. it is also partly the reason why we ordered all the pins released last week online and got 2 lady and the tramp and the surprise pin, makes it a bit more worth while.
The online pins are fantastic traders in DLP so its all worth it in the end

Eager_Eyes

^ Really do the traders over there like them?  Wondering if would be worth getting the odd one or two in the build up to currently planned although not booked so not official trip in Oct.  I just had no sway over the traders last time I was there I did take a few UK core pins over with me but they didn't seem impressed.  Although it was my first time trading in Paris so it was a little bit of a learning curve.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"^ Really do the traders over there like them?  Wondering if would be worth getting the odd one or two in the build up to currently planned although not booked so not official trip in Oct.  I just had no sway over the traders last time I was there I did take a few UK core pins over with me but they didn't seem impressed.  Although it was my first time trading in Paris so it was a little bit of a learning curve.

I took a lanyard or 2 full of LE uk pins (some even online ones) at the PTN I went to and no one seemed to be overly fussed :?  :? But maybe I just had a bad night (it really was:P)

Thanks for posting the pic Clare, nice to see a real life pic!

I can understand Ro (belle's world) when she said about the postage, it really puts me off at times when buying pins online...even though I know its easier than the effort to go to the store at times.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

I am just simply pointing out that when We place an order for pins we male it worth our while, for example our last order was £100. It's not that we "cant be bothered" as we normally weekend in a city and 9 times out of 10 end up in a Disney store anyways.

Core pins won't really interest them at all in DLP, I'm my experience, nor will the 3 and 5 point LE because the pin board and CM lanyards just get flooded with them. The traders in Paris mean business we took 2 lanyards (both uk ones) full exclusivley of uk LE and carried a bag of spares and a few CM Lanyard series pins also and we were turning down trades!! I think we were the most popular pin traders in the parks for that week! It was great fun but also kind of embarasing.

Stitch2814

Greetings Im a pin trader from Ireland and I hope to fit in here :)....

Yes I have made it safe and sound lol and am missing the disney store already lol

Belle's World

ClareBell when you went did you just walk around with your lanyard on and have people coming up to you to trade? We went last June and i had my lanyard on the entire time only once did i trade with someone who was not a cm and that was by the pin trading board. To be fair i did not have any UK LE but have got a couple already to take in October, where is the best place in your opinion to find trades.
BTW i wasn't saying you were crazy to buy from the the internet, i just meant for me it makes it too expensive. However if you are buying over £70 worth it's free p&p anyway so if i ever get a snowglobe etc i probably will add a couple of pins. I just heard that the Lady and the tramp is now out of stock so you have a couple of good traders there.
Ro

Belle's World

Lady and the Tramp, Valentines Mickey and Minnie and Rescue Rangers all still on site but as soon as you click on them it says unavaialble so it looks like all ahve sold out ion less than a week!
Ro

Stitch2814

yeah I read on dizpins that the Lady and the tramp pin sold out as of Feb 9th lol which is a good think so looks like I shall be buying or trying to get the  Tinkerbell online pin for trading.