Lindsay and Jacqui's Trip Report! 7th-10th January 2009!

Started by Masamune, January 21, 2009, 12:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

Looking forward to seeing pics and reading day 4  :D/

It's a shame they sometimes have no Parade stops, we also didn't have any when we were there in December :(! But it makes sense when the weather's bad...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

ballet shoes

The character meal was utterly hillarious!!  Goofy's antics made the £22 well worth it.  I actually can't think of anything significant that you missed.  You have a mighty good memory.  Apart from day 2 being the only day where I truly felt rather ill in the evening!!

Masamune

:) It's so good that you didn't let illness get you down.

I'll hopefully be doing the Day 3 report tomorrow. :D Also, fingers crossed for photos arriving tomorrow!

ballet shoes

I hope they do!!  I honestly can't wait to see them.

Nala_84

Where are the photoooos and day 3? :mrgreen:
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Javey74

Quote from: "Nala_84"Where are the photoooos and day 3? :mrgreen:
I second that... [-o<

Masamune

:lol: So much for tomorrow.

Sorry about the epic delay guys. :D I finally got broadband, and went a bit nuts. I've been making up for lost internet browsing time, watching videos and such. :) I've got the day off work tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be typing up Day 3 then! And I'll get pics uploaded once I'm done with Day 4.

Nala_84

Yay, finally  :D/  Looking forward to it!! :)
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Javey74

Quote from: "Masamune" :lol: So much for tomorrow.

Sorry about the epic delay guys. :D I finally got broadband, and went a bit nuts. I've been making up for lost internet browsing time, watching videos and such. :) I've got the day off work tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be typing up Day 3 then! And I'll get pics uploaded once I'm done with Day 4.
At last.. :D/  :mrgreen:

Masamune

Day 3

:D Let me start off by saying that Day 3 was aaaaaaawesoooome. Day 3 was Walt Disney Studios day, which usually doesn't equal awesomeness. Don't get me wrong, I love the Studios...but there's just not a lot to do there, so I tend to only spend around half a day there. Not this time though! This time there was the Tower of Terror and Stitch Live, so there were some sweet new things to try.

We had breakfast early in order to make sure that we would be at the Studios in time for its opening. We got there early, so we browsed the Studio One shops before entering. :P Of course, we went straight to the Tower of Terror. One thing I have to mention though is that I really miss the Good Morning WDS parade. Bring that parade back!

Anyways, on to the Tower of Terror. Since we went straight to it, we only had to wait about 5 minutes before we got set up in our rows of 3. :) I love how the lobby looks, and the film we got played was great! Only on that very first ride did we see it in English though. Every other time (we went on it 6 times in all) it was French, which kinda sucked.

Our bellhop on that very first ride was David. David is the greatest bellhop of all time, we loved him so much! He was really creepy and rather attractive. His persona was just spot on. After we were seated and he told us what to do and such, I said thank you as he walked away. Then just as the doors were closing, he appeared again and said "you're welcome!". OMG he was just fabulous! He totally made that whole experience like a million times better for me and Jacqui, as no other bellhop even came close to being as good as him.

:P We ended up seeing David 3 times in all. The first time he was our main bellhop. The second time, he was welcoming people at the entrance of the ride (he recognised us and said welcome back!). The third time, he was the one who followed us into the film room. :lol: Whilst it was dark, he popped up behind us and scared us. Me and Jacqui totally fell in love with this guy, he was brilliant. When we go back in October, we're going to stalk the Tower of Terror until we see him!

;) I should probably talk about the actual ride now shouldn't it? The Tower of Terror is an absolute blast! It's just the right mix of thrills and fun, which is why we did it so many times. :lol: Then after the ride, I loved seeing the pictures of people. We ended up buying an on-ride photo each. Most of the people in our elevator look insane, so it's a really good pic.

OK, on with the Day 3 report! We went on the Tower of Terror two more times that day, so I probably won't mention it again as I can't remember at what point we went on it the other two times. After the first time on the ToT, we went to see Animagique. I loooove this show, and I was really excited for Jacqui to see it. :P She loved it too.

After that, we went to see the Art of Animation. I did my best to hold it together during the really sad Baby Mine section, and again in the Disney death section. :oops: I only cried a little bit. I really like the Art of Animation though, so I always like to see it. The drawing class when we came out was doing Mickey.

After that, we went to go on the Rock n' Roller coaster. :D Jacqui really loved this one, since she's an Aerosmith fan. We went on that one two times in a row, before heading to one of the fast food stands and grabbing something to eat. :) After that, we headed to Stitch Live! This show is really awesome. :lol: We were really scared about getting picked out by Stitch though.

For those of you who haven't experienced this show yet, it's completely interactive. People in the audience get pointed out by Stitch, and sometimes end up having their photo put on the big screen! It was hilarious, but I just wish that people in the audience were more enthusiastic.

After Stitch Live, I had a brilliant idea! Since we were heading to Crush's Coaster, which always has a big que, I decided that we should get a thermal mug full of hot chocolate! It kept us warm (since we were mostly queing outside), and then we had a nice new souvenier to take home. ;) I'm so smart.

:D I still think that Crush's Coaster is one of the greatest rides ever. It's just so much fun, and the feeling you get on that ride is really freaky! It's definatly worth the 40-50 minutes we had to wait. After that we headed towards the Studios Tour. We decided to give the Cars ride a miss because it's a bit rubbish. On the way to the Tour, we saw the big brown rat from Ratatouie at the photo point. We both had our pics taken ( :) the poor thing got scared of my Cheshire Cat scarf ) and then carried on to the Studio tour.

This, like Armageddon, was actually closed. But also like Armageddon, I'm not a huge fan of this attraction. Jacqui didn't fancy either of them as well, so she wasn't disappointed about not getting to try them. After that, I think we went on ToT again, before deciding to go to the main park and try and make it for the Once Upon a Dream Parade.

We ended up meeting some characters near Studio One. There was Chip and Dale, Clarice, Lilo and Stitch. I got my pic took with Clarice, and Jacqui got hers with Dale (or maybe Chip, I can't remember). After that, we quickly made our way to the main park to watch the parade. :shock: I can't really remember what else we did in the main park that day, other than watching the candle ceremony at the night. But yes, Day 3 was about the Studios, so that doesn't matter too much.

On to Day 4!

ColdSun

great update :D ...hoping to see some pictures soon ;)

Masamune

:) Photos will come after Day 4 report, which will be typed up sometime next week.

The Butlin Boy

Great report, I'm glad you enjoyed the new additions in the Studios so much, I agree, they're great :mrgreen: I'm looking forward to the rest of your report :wink:

Nala_84

Masamune, may it be you tend to not finishing your reports? :mrgreen:

Just kidding, but I would definitely love to see some of your pics from your last trip :)!
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Masamune

:) Uploading pics takes time, so it's just a matter of when I find the time to do it.