Sell Out!: Parks reaching capacity

Started by Willow, December 07, 2008, 07:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora

You could say we felt like sardines in a box and even they would feel like in a swimmingpool.I was there last saturday, with my daughter. It was just horrible. We were completly stuck, could not move in any direction. THey closed all the stores around, so there was no way to avoid the crowds. To top it all , we wanted to cross the street(at the end of the parade,wich we didn`t wanted to see that day),followed a cast member and other visitors. Only never made it to there,and were lost in the middle of thr street. No one would let us go of, and the first float was already be seen at the end of main street.CM told us to sit on the sidewalk.You can imagine that people did not find that very amusing(neither did I!)Finally we were shoved over to near the last curve at sat on the flor, freezing my but of. Never seen the parade that close, but I had a hard time to enjoy. My daughter was a little consoled, because Pluto came up and hugged her.Before she was pretty scared by all the people.
I thaught it was also pretty dangerous to let that many people in.
Aurora

Reiana

OMG  :shock:
Good for the resort. Horrible for visitors especially small children, all they see is legs, legs, legs, legs oh and i forgot legs. Can't be very funny.
Thank goodness we've been there at the end of november. No cowds (only small crowds on sunday), no pushing around. BTM standby line 15 min, SM2 5 min, ToT 10 min, RnRC 5 min .
The only time I encountered 100 min waiting time at BTM was during my first visit in summer '96.

@Aurora
Hope it was not to bad at all.

Riebi

Remembers me at the times before WDS. There were also such days during my summer trips and this big BTM-queue was always that full. Every day. And that without fastpass. You really needed 3 or 4 days to see the whole park cause the waiting time where to long.

But it´s nice to see Disneyland Park can be full again with WDS next door.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

PetiteSirene

I heard about this on Monday... and was not suprised :? I was there on the 7th-10th and it was busy too! Though not THAT busy  :shock:

We arrived at 3pm to see loads of people leaving the park, so many people we were actually scared they had evacuated the park! but when we got in all the queues were still 90+ minutes!!!

From 3pm - 10pm we managed 3 rides... and 2 of them were only because loads of people left after Fantillusion finished at 9:30!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

phantom247

The park is full on 21 Dec marked on the site of Disney. Warning: On 21 December our parks are complete.
Our tickets are not available on that date.
It is strongly recommended to those not bearing a ticket or a ticket bearing undated to alter their intended visit to our site to another date.

http://idf-offres.disneylandparis.fr/bi ... ndex.xhtml . http://idf-offres.disneylandparis.fr/bi ... ndex.xhtml.

If anyone saw the pictures from Dec 6th earlyer this month I should take heed of there warning but does anyone know how this effects AP Holders.

Anthony

Useful of them to only put it on the French website, and hidden away like that.

It always surprises me that they can so accurately predict attendance like this in advance. Is it just taken from the proportion of people with hotel stays and dated tickets booked?

Has anyone heard how busy it was last weekend, the 13/14th?
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

Willow

They would look at past years attendances, the amount of tickets sold and Hotel occupancy.

I've once spoken to a UK theme park a few years ago and they gave me a predicted attendance of 16400, this was nearly a month ahead of the date I was visiting.

Jens

Couldn't it be that it's only up at the french site to keep the guests out visiting with their 1 euro ticket? Maybe they have a succesful booking weekend for the hotels and are hoping that because of this message some (and that's loads :D) of those french guests just go after the christmas vacation break and avoid chaos in their parks?

It could be that they are ready for guests from other countries (without a 1 euro ticket) afterall, as they don't come in such large numbers. At least that would explain the notice not being on the other sites...

Oh well, we'll see!

Jens

Sorry for the double post, but people on other Disney forums are reporting -after a call to DLRP- that like I thought they were only warning French people (probably those with 1 euro tickets) and are welcoming other people just like any other day! No warning for other nationalities :)

Elaine

Rammed again on Saturday, very busy on Sunday, but not quite as packed as the Saturday.

Elaine

phantom247

It is totally laughable that today AP department at disneyland paris sent out an official e.mail to Passport holders in effect stay away on 20th and the 21st of Dec what happens to the guests who have already got Train tickets and plane tickets that canot easily be cancelled as well as they might have pree booked their hotel room which they may forfit all their money for their hotel stay if they decide to not continue with their booking.

cap'njack

I too got that AP email...with my smattering of French I took it to mean that they would not deny you acceess to the park (unless it was at capacity) but they were warning you that the park would be busy and to visit on another date if you possibly can. I think they are trying to avoid too many dissapointed AP holders demanding access to the park when it is full.

dagobert

Were the parks very crowded yesterday? Did they reach capacity?

Anthony

Just a note: I've merged this larger 6th December topic with the 21st December warning topic, since they're both about the parks reaching their maximum capacity this Christmas season. :)