DLR | Disney California Adventure makeover project

Started by Anthony, February 12, 2006, 09:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Carsland is really big. God to see that they updated the Anaheim site. Now it's time for Paris to see the finished ToT.

DreamDisneyVacations

Being a California resident and passholder, I'm looking forward to the changes to the California Adventure (is it officially DISNEY California Adventure yet?)  However, I am disappointed they're changing the look of the entrance.  Many (including myself) love the signature "CALIFORNIA" letters and the feeling of stepping into a postcard.  

I've known about these changes for awhile now and completely believe that Disney will make every effort to make the changes wonderful.  But, I've seen the early concept images of what the entrance will look like and it seems to be a copycat of Hollywood Studios, FL.  Such a shame to be trading something wonderful and unique for something that's already been done.

alka1

Walls are now up for the upcoming Paradise Garden dining complex - it will feature an expanded outdoor dining courtyard in a lush garden setting and two new restaurants.

New walls featuring Classic Mickey were added this week

alka1

The Maliboomer closed for good this week. The attraction will be removed and a new Victorian-themed park will take its place. The new construction walls feature classic Mickey and pals in a lush park setting:

^ Love this picture!

"We're planning a lush new park just for you. Stroll on by in Summer 2011."

dagobert

I like these themed construction walls. In Paris they just use the green ones. Finally another ugly attraction has to go.

dagobert

Take a look at this Animated DCA Park Map:

[youtube:3uwarpx2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JtfvY-_Md8&feature=related[/youtube:3uwarpx2]

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... mated-map/

mattboywonder

Quote from: "DreamDisneyVacations"Being a California resident and passholder, I'm looking forward to the changes to the California Adventure (is it officially DISNEY California Adventure yet?)  However, I am disappointed they're changing the look of the entrance.  Many (including myself) love the signature "CALIFORNIA" letters and the feeling of stepping into a postcard.  

I've known about these changes for awhile now and completely believe that Disney will make every effort to make the changes wonderful.  But, I've seen the early concept images of what the entrance will look like and it seems to be a copycat of Hollywood Studios, FL.  Such a shame to be trading something wonderful and unique for something that's already been done.

True, the new DCA entrance is a copy of DHS in Florida but that entrance is a copy of the Pan Pacific Auditorium in LA (which burned down several years ago) - a classic deco design building that is suited to DHS.  Check out the movie "Xanadu" which ultised the Pan Pacific
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

alka1

MintCrocodile has a full update of all the new additions at the Blue Sky Cellar, including new Buena Vista St. art, new details on the Little Mermaid attraction, and lots more:

LINK to pictures: http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -more.html

And here's the new video that's currently playing at the cellar's Screening Room

[youtube:f7jyh69c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgdWYUbBFo[/youtube:f7jyh69c]

CafeFantasia

Woah woah woah. Hold up :-) I love Imagineering and seeing the official construction videos that Disney puts out, but my BS detector just went off. When you listen to these Imagineers speak, do you ever get the feeling that they've been given a script written by marketing? A lot of their dialogue comes across as totally fake and insincere. They use a billion words to basically say nothing, and I quote:

"What I think guests will enjoy the most about this attraction is, they are under the sea with ariel and all of her friends, and they're gonna be so up close that they're gonna feel like they're part of this environment. Our ride vehicles are beautifully coloured clam shells, and you're actually going to be part of the scene, not just watching it. So coming through this scene, as as matter of fact, you're gonna be a colourful shell, just like the colours that you see here. And I think that's going to be wonderful because you're gonna be right in it."

Colourful, shells, scene, colourful, shells, scene, colourful, shells, scene, etc :-)

Columbiad

I''ve still got my fingers crossed for the Walt Disney Studios makeover project.

lil-shawn

Quote from: "Alan"Woah woah woah. Hold up :-) I love Imagineering and seeing the official construction videos that Disney puts out, but my BS detector just went off. When you listen to these Imagineers speak, do you ever get the feeling that they've been given a script written by marketing? A lot of their dialogue comes across as totally fake and insincere. They use a billion words to basically say nothing, and I quote:

"What I think guests will enjoy the most about this attraction is, they are under the sea with ariel and all of her friends, and they're gonna be so up close that they're gonna feel like they're part of this environment. Our ride vehicles are beautifully coloured clam shells, and you're actually going to be part of the scene, not just watching it. So coming through this scene, as as matter of fact, you're gonna be a colourful shell, just like the colours that you see here. And I think that's going to be wonderful because you're gonna be right in it."

Colourful, shells, scene, colourful, shells, scene, colourful, shells, scene, etc :-)

Did you know that if you work for disney you have to do a school for speach? if you listen to every imagineer, ceo ect.
all sound like the same, but that´s the disney standart. they have to talk like this. wired i know....

QuoteI''ve still got my fingers crossed for the Walt Disney Studios makeover project.

I don´t think this will hapen, just putting in more new rides to make the park more mish mash... as so many people on here say, DLP don´t have the money to something like this, and i don´t think TWDC will pay anyithing right now because of shanghai disneyland.

dagobert

You are so right, I've never paid attention to their talking, but they all speak in the same way. I didn't know that they have to attend such speaking courses.

I also don't think that WDS will get a makeover. TWDC isn't interested in DLRP and now all their efforts are going into the new Shanghai DL. I would be very happy, if WDS would at least get Ratatouille and if Disney would refurbish such effects like the geysers. It seems ED SCA has to fight on their own to improve the resort. Compared to Hong Kong, Anaheim and Orlando Paris is neglected by TWDC.

davewasbaloo

Of course it is, the spending sadly is not as high, and the vast majority of guests do not realise what they are missing out on. I mean half the so called fans on this board seem to defend the walmarting, TSPL installing, toons everywhere mentality. Where is the incentive for them? If they can roll out another train of teenagers in rubber heads and it makes the DLP guests happy, they have won.
since 2001 (many before that)

Columbiad

QuoteI don´t think this will hapen, just putting in more new rides to make the park more mish mash... as so many people on here say, DLP don´t have the money to something like this, and i don´t think TWDC will pay anyithing right now because of shanghai disneyland.

QuoteI also don't think that WDS will get a makeover. TWDC isn't interested in DLRP and now all their efforts are going into the new Shanghai DL. I would be very happy, if WDS would at least get Ratatouille and if Disney would refurbish such effects like the geysers. It seems ED SCA has to fight on their own to improve the resort. Compared to Hong Kong, Anaheim and Orlando Paris is neglected by TWDC.

Very true. In reality it probably will never happen, and if it does it wont be for a long time. But hey - there's always wisful thinking....  

TWDC own so much of ED SCA, so surely they have input into things that ED SCA do? No? I've never had a great understading of how things work in Paris.

dagobert

I also don't really know how things work between TWDC and ED SCA. I know that TWDC owns 39.8% of Euro Disney S.C.A., but when you read the Annual Report of TWDC, it says that TWDC owns 51% of the voting or legal shares.

TWDC Annual Report also says: The Company manages and has effective ownership interests of 51% and 47%, respectively, in Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.

So I don't know how important the stake in ED SCA is. I also don't know if TWDC can invest money in DLRP for new attractions. Maybe they have to renagotiate the agreements withs banks and other shareholders so that TWDC is able to spend money on DLRP. I know that SM was completely funded by TWDC and not by ED SCA.

If you look on the Group Overview of DLRP, there are so mayn companys, either fully owned by TWDC or owned by ED SCA, it is really hard to figure out how everything works.
http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/co ... ndex.xhtml