It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

And what are those wedge-shaped things around the very edge? Thinking about it, tiny colour-chaging lights (LEDS maybe) pointing out from the stage could look nice. Very showbiz-y
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Poppy The Monkey

Yes, the middle of the stage is a trap door, Mickey will arrive on stage "magically" via the trap door during the show!

Willow

If its a trap door how will Mickey get under the stage without anyone seeing? As far as I know a tunnel doesn't exist under the stage and they definately haven't built one in the last few weeks.

It look more like a podium to me, similar to the Magic Kingdom's in Florida.

Kris

I was more thinking for props etc, not just Mickey. I'm sure they could smuggle him through a door easily... concealed by taller dancers around him (for example)

Magicalmouse125

Maybe they should just build a small underground tunnel. That leads from under the castle right to the stage. That way it would make mickey's appearence even better.
But i've always liked the idea of the other characters coming down from the castle. Looks magical!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

pussinboots

Quote from: "Riebi"
Quote from: "Mobi"They should just use the Castle Stage, that's what it's there for anyway.

=D>  =D>  =D>

well said! the castle stage should be "the stage in front of the castle" like hm 12 years long. the central plaza should simply be the central plaza. A place to meet some people, look around with a wonderful view to every land and without any stage. I´m sick of stages there now near the end of the 15.

I agree. And the Theatre du Chateau is a blessing — I always thought it was a vast improvement over the Magic Kingdom's stage. It seems silly not to use it.

I'm sure many of you don't even remember a stage-less Central Plaza (it's been there for so long now), so in an effort to convince you that the place was nicer before I shall post this picture from my personal archives:

Now is that something that needs to be replaced with a big chunky stage? (Also notice the flowers, by the way. Hard to imagine people not trampling them.)

Clarebelle

where was that photo taken from?

Its too sad to remember central plaza without a stage :( wehn you know its not going back to its old ways soon enough
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Anthony

Gorgeous photo. From one of the early guidebooks isn't it?

I'd forgotten that the four outer flower beds actually had those small flowers and bushes in them. They were removed in favour of flat glass around 2003/04 to make sure they didn't block the lights for the stage weren't they? The most important thing about having a stage on Central Plaza all these years is that it's a dead space during the day. I'm hoping at least the fact that this year's show is on several times a day and not just once before park closing will help slightly...

Though in an ideal world we'd have "It's Party Time" on the Castle Stage and "It's Dance Time" inside Videopolis.

Kristof

Quote from: "Kris"That raised circular bit on the very top... likely to be a trap-door, podium or something?

Appearently it's one of the highlights of the show, so I won't spoil it for those who don't want to know...

[spoiler:6tsf6ufc]Mickey will magically appear and disappear through the use of a lift amid a cloud of streamers and confetti...[/spoiler:6tsf6ufc]

Quote from: "Anthony"I'm hoping at least the fact that this year's show is on several times a day and not just once before park closing will help slightly...

Five times to be precise... Makes you wonder why they even needed that seating area in the first place??

pussinboots

Quote from: "Clarebelle"where was that photo taken from?

Quote from: "Anthony"Gorgeous photo. From one of the early guidebooks isn't it?

I'd forgotten that the four outer flower beds actually had those small flowers and bushes in them. They were removed in favour of flat glass around 2003/04 to make sure they didn't block the lights for the stage weren't they? The most important thing about having a stage on Central Plaza all these years is that it's a dead space during the day. I'm hoping at least the fact that this year's show is on several times a day and not just once before park closing will help slightly...

Though in an ideal world we'd have "It's Party Time" on the Castle Stage and "It's Dance Time" inside Videopolis.

Yes, it's an early publicity photo — probably taken from the first level of the castle. And I'd assumed the flowers were removed when they figured nothing was going to stop people from climbing in there anyway, but I may have been assuming the worst again.

I suppose it all makes economic sense, this new gimmick way of thinking... Reducing the amount of land-specific shows "wasted" on small audiences in favor of one huge show the whole park can enjoy. It seems the 5th Anniversary was such a success that the formula is now applied on a permanent basis.

Anyway, it may not even be disastrous if they at least dress it up in a manner befitting the area and not as the multi-colored display the refurb walls suggest. Although it already seems awfully high...

Magicalmouse125

That's a really nice picture.

The really sad thing is i've never seen the hub looking like that. The  first couple of times i visited there was a "wishes" sign above it and all the other times there has been a stage. (I go a lot at xmas and during the 15th)

I so hope after MMP they turn the hub back into it's original state and return shows to the castle stage. i like that stage!!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "Kris"Five times to be precise...

[Cynic]...for the 1st couple of weeks, and then we'll get the normal DLRP accountants spot a cost saving,  five will become four, four will become three........  [/Cynic]

LOL!

Kris

Early concepts of the stage showed those bulkier shrubs outlining the grassy islands, with flowers added too. There wasn't any sight of trees (really scared of this) but at least greenery and flowers could bring *some* atmosphere back. Win some, lose some...

On a separate note, the walkways to the satellite stages were designed to look like bridges (obviously following the current castle theming) but with the 'gaps' plainly filled in. If it all ends up like this, I'm still in favour. I like the idea of the stage having more functionality as it will improve the show quality a large amount... especially when during the day you can't add extra lighting to decorate the stage.

Riebi

Quote from: "pussinboots"Yes, it's an early publicity photo — probably taken from the first level of the castle. And I'd assumed the flowers were removed when they figured nothing was going to stop people from climbing in there anyway, but I may have been assuming the worst again.

It´s a wonderful photo puss! And as I remember the flowers were the only thing that stopped people climbing all over the landscape. Maybe the european spirit says: "Oh it´s just grasssss" or "Oh look this helpless little flowers"  :lol:

I just can pray that I will get my central plaza back some glory day. It´s a bit like the epcot wand, isn´t it?  :?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

britincgn

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Phew! Great news about the seating being dropped, what a relief :)

I've just had a brainstorm, what they should do on the stage is have steps included on all four sides (between the 4 satellite stages) and then when there isn't a show on, have a meet 'n' greet with Mickey (or someone else) on the stage. It'd be perfect, people walking through the park will be able to see Mickey, they can have people walk on from one side and off the other, and it's the perfect photo opportunity because of the Castle backdrop! It also means more money for Disney (if people buy the pics :P ), what more could we want... :wink:

They used this idea for the 5th anniversary and I have a great picture in front of the horrid 5th Birthday castle