Philippe Gas to succeed Karl Holz as Euro Disney President

Started by Remco K., April 10, 2008, 08:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "Maarten"Jay Rasulo neglected the Resort to save a few bucks. Besides that many hold him responsibe for the tiny second gate we got, that eventually led to the almost-bankrupcy in 2004. In my opinion he was the worst CEO EuroDisney has ever known... but the most tragic fact is that he got promotion and is now head of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts worldwide...  :roll:
:shock: How could someone do such bad things for a resort then get promoted to head of all disney parks ?  :o

Welcome to the Walt Disney Company during the late Eisner era. I guess it has everything to do with having connections with the right people etc. Many American fans still don't understand why Rasulo didn't got the boot by Bob Iger when he became CEO/President of the Walt Disney Company (and frankly, I don't understand it either).

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"Thanks for the picture Riebi! He looks younger than 44...

Hopefully more of a Bob Iger with the smart suit and tie than a Jay Rasulo man.

Yes he looks young. Maybe a old pic or he has the same genes then I and looks some years younger then he is. It happend that some cashiers ask for my ID at cinemas :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Javey74

Anthony

After a very hazy paragraph about his plans for the future, he seems to settle on more Disney Hotel rooms, more conference facilities and "enhancing" Disney Village (very carefully not saying "extending", hmm?).

That sounds good to me. I wouldn't have expected any attractions in there - or anything of substance at all - so it's good and quite surprising to hear these things in public.

By the way... did he used to work for Colgate by any chance?

Javey74

Yeah I agree, he was being very careful, but at the same time being as open as possible.  :)

Quote from: "Anthony"By the way... did he used to work for Colgate by any chance?
I think he might of.. :lol:  :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony

Do you have a library of Donald images for every possible emotion Javey? I love it. :lol:

He's certainly being thrown in at the deep end anyway, what with the fateful follow-up to the 15th and the small matter of global economic downturn. Have you seen the huge 20- and even 25% discounts DLRP are already doing in the UK for this Winter?

Willow

Quote from: "Anthony"Do you have a library of Donald images for every possible emotion Javey? I love it. :lol:

He's certainly being thrown in at the deep end anyway, what with the fateful follow-up to the 15th and the small matter of global economic downturn. Have you seen the huge 20- and even 25% discounts DLRP are already doing in the UK for this Winter?

It could be worse, he could be in charge of Walt Disney World, they have offering 7 nights for the price of 4, they will be hit the worst of the Disney parks.

I should think that Karl Holz would have overseen preparations for next years event. Phillippe Gas will be starting to concentrate on the 20th anniversary. Most theme parks work 2 or 3 years ahead.

Javey74

Quote from: "Anthony"Do you have a library of Donald images for every possible emotion Javey? I love it. :lol:

Well not a library as such, but I do collect a few when I see them.  I wished I had every emotion, now that would be brilliant.. :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

As for the discounts, yeah...Though only through my partner being a travel agent.  Saying that they seem to be working well, still making quite a lot of money even with the discounts, and because of the recession hitting, a lot of the customers are going to DLRP rather than the States, the main reason being the airfares, even though there are good discounts as present for Disneyland and WDW at present.

As always kids under 7 stay and play free, that was the norm, now it's under 12s up until March.  If it was a package with AirFrance, that meant all free flights aswell.  Now they are including free EuroStar in that equation.  :D/

smurfy74

they did the kids stay play and travel for free (under 12's) last year , as we were going to take our nephew,  it obviously worked well for them to rerun it this year or they have to because people have less money. we will just have to wait for the agm to see if phillips gas has any surprises up his sleeve