NEW Official Website

Started by Anthony, February 10, 2006, 11:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

When you first access the homepage, a new intro by Mickey Mouse plays, introducing the "funnier, faster, smarter..." new disneylandparis.com.  It's 100% Disney quality. :)

Kris

Oh I love that! I loved the 10th anniversary theme. Never heard it in instrumental though! It's class!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Maarten

Are websites of the other countries soon getting an update aswell? Or do we still have to live in the 20th century?  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Are websites of the other countries soon getting an update aswell? Or do we still have to live in the 20th century?  :wink:
I'm sure they will get an update, since now both UK and International have the same it will probably soon be standard for all.  I'd hope they did UK first because generally we book further in advance, having extra travel to book and so on.  They're leaving it late for the others though - it needs to be done soon to be ready for the 15th buildup.

It's funny to note that all the old UK pages are still online, and if you go to http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/intro ... ?c=uk&l=uk there's nothing to say a new, updated website has launched and all the info is gradually getting out of date.  That's bad marketing!  But at the same time, they're much slower to update the new website than the old versions. :roll:  Oh, and I still hate the design... slow, ugly.. bleurgh. I seem to be alone though.

Anthony

The French website has been updated with the flash animation, announcing the new site will arrive sometime this month: http://www.disneylandparis.com/fr/intro ... ?c=fr&l=fr

And the old address of the UK site, http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/intro ... ?c=uk&l=uk, has been updated to point to the new version.  =D>

EDIT: Some of the French version is already there: http://parcs.disneylandparis.fr/index.xhtml  :wink:

Anthony

Three posts in a row, I know, but I was just surfing around the HKDL and DLR websites...

Take a look at this or this.

They list character meets, dining times, AP block-out dates and give links to more info on entertainment.  They also divide everything into the two parks. Why can't ours do that?

Here's the DLRP equivalent:
http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/calen ... &year=2007

Riebi

Maybe they need a bit more time to change the systems and make first the translations.
I´m still waiting for the new version in german  :wink:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

The packages booking system has finally been completely overhauled!

More

anthony2k6

cool looks like you'll be able to include transport in your bookings as well :)

tubbsy

Just had a look at it-you can book flights and train from U.K, but not the ferry option.

It's interesting as well that they list children up to the age of 17. I ran the package I booked through it and it still came out at the same price as my holiday in October of three adults, one 5 year old (one "adult" who will be 13 next visit-not that I mind, shes taller than some adults I know and eats more than me!! :shock:  :lol: )

You'll also notice that when you get to the order review page it tells you what attractions are closed then.

You still cant add your extras, like character breakfast and Buffalo Bills on, but I like it. Definately an improvement.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Soap

Quote from: "Baloo"The packages booking system has finally been completely overhauled!

But why only at the UK version?   :?:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

tubbsy

Oh yeah! (Just gone in as Netherlands)

Strange, that. :?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Anthony

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but do think they're aware the entire UK website is bringing up 404 errors?

www.disneylandparis.co.uk

Hopefully it's just a "temporary pause" (tips board speak) and I've caught it at a bad moment.

The french version www.disneylandparis.fr still works fine.

tubbsy

Is there any way of actually letting them know without ringing up the booking line?!?!

I wanted to get a rough idea how much October would be by looking at this years prices, but it get so far and comes up with the error message, but its not on the same page every time... :?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

Is there any way of actually letting them know without ringing up the booking line?!?!

I wanted to get a rough idea how much October would be by looking at this years prices, but it gets so far and comes up with the error message, but its not on the same page every time. I tried it three times yesterday
(Apologies for the double post Anthony, computer went weird on me!)

editJust tried again, I'm not even getting to look at hotels now, surely someone must be aware and trying to fix it?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia