N2O's Halloween trip, 11-12 October

Started by never2old, October 13, 2008, 08:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Hello everyone!

Just back from a great weekend in DLRP! My brother Miguel (he had been to DLRP before, but many years ago, he had never seen the Studios!), his girlfriend (who had never ever ever been before), and myself of course!

Saturday 11th

Early start to the day, leaving Luxembourg at 07:30, driving to the Lorraine TGV station (1 hour away by car), then just over one hour train journey to Marne La Vallee! The bus to the hotel was just there so in no time we were checking in into the Santa Fe. Our room was ready so after taking some pictures with Minnie (who was kind enough to come and welcome us) we left our bags in the room, and walked down to the park!

My brother, his girlfriend and Minnie

It was quite foggy, and with all the trees in their autumn colours, it was beautiful!

We crossed the Village...

And went straight to Disneyland Park!

The decorations were brilliant, orange everywhere, the It's Halloween-o-ween song was playing, it was perfect! Main Street and Frontierland looked great!

The trip was a birthday present for my brother - both him and his girlfriend are big Nightmare Before Christmas fans, so as soon as I heard that Jack and Sally were going to be in DLRP this Halloween, well we simply had to go! So of course, the first priority was meeting them! We were just on time for the first scheduled appearance, so we headed straight to Phantom Manor and Boot Hill.

We got there and there were a few people waiting, but no line or anything - and Jack and Sally were nowhere to be seen. After a while though I did notice somebody else that was waiting for them... Rachel from Big Brother!

Of course she got the VIP treatment - when Jack and Sally arrived, they went to have their picture taken with Rachel, and only after they came back to the rest of us...

Unfortunately when it was going to be our turn, the CM with them turned to us to say that Jack and Sally would be back in 30 minutes! Well, we were first in line so we were not going to go anywhere! I left my brother and his gf defending our place, while I rushed to get some FP tickets for BTM, then got back to Boot Hill. And after a bit the band came...

followed by Jack and Sally!

Definitely one of the highlights of the trip!!

After that, since we were just there and the queue was relatively short, we went on Phantom Manor (the ghosts at the end, the ones that appear on top of the Buggies, where missing, maybe they've gone away for Halloween?), followed by Molly Brown

On the way out we run into Stitch!

By then it was time to use our fastpasses, so we headed straight for Thunder Mountain! My brother was really looking forward to it, he had good memories of it, and he was not disappointed!! In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we decided to try and repeat it later (unfortunately the queue was over 1 hour at that time, so we left it for later...)

Here are some more pics from Frontierland, around BTM...

Next stop - Adventureland! Coming soon...

toonarmylass

hurry up sis i need more :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

Great report and pics, it looks like you're having a great time. Thanks for sharing them, I'm looking forward to the rest :)

MiguelGarcia

Looks like you had fun...
Wait, I was there!
Amazing trip, probably best week-end in my whole life. Great company and fun!
PS: Great report ;) I'm really looking forward for the next part myself!

Pete's Dragon

Great report N2O. Looking forward to the rest

( they really do go mad with the pumpkns !!)

never2old

Quote from: "MiguelGarcia"Looks like you had fun...
Wait, I was there!
Amazing trip, probably best week-end in my whole life. Great company and fun!
PS: Great report ;) I'm really looking forward for the next part myself!

I forgot to mention, my brother has now joined the forum!! DLRP is really addictive, I guess..

MiguelGarcia

Quote from: "never2old"I forgot to mention, my brother has now joined the forum!! DLRP is really addictive, I guess..
I just miss the magic  :oops:

toonarmylass

Quote from: "MiguelGarcia"
Quote from: "never2old"I forgot to mention, my brother has now joined the forum!! DLRP is really addictive, I guess..
I just miss the magic :oops:

we all do. i've only got 32 days, 11 hours and35 mins left before i go again.

MiguelGarcia

Quote from: "toonarmylass"we all do. i've only got 32 days, 11 hours and35 mins left before i go again.
I've only got... 11 months? to go...
Oh god, this is going to be tough :cry:

Bopshop

Great report and fab pics!

toonarmylass

just tell sis you have to sneak in her luggage when she goes in december!!

never2old

Quote from: "toonarmylass"just tell sis you have to sneak in her luggage when she goes in december!!

Don't give him any ideas!!

toonarmylass

he he he who me  :twisted:  :P

Masamune

Ok....Jack has sexy legs. *Had to say it* :shock: I'm a sucker for long legs.

Seriously, if Jack and Sally are gonna be around next Halloween, I'm totally going.

MizzRabbit

Oh, I love your pictures!! My aunt is going on sunday! Please tell me if there's any fantastic halloween merchandise I should ask her to buy for me!! PM me!! I'm almost never on here anymore 'cause I'm swamped with work. Thanks sweetie!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]