Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alternativerock123

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"everyone can join in! but I think they're not going to leave the sidewalk.... ;)

Oh yeah, but I wouldn't see it has an "interaction" anyway....  :P     But theres no room to do anything from the sidewalk.
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

TowMater

RIP Just Like We Dreamed It 2007-2011.  :(
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

MrsPirate

Quote from: "TowMater"RIP Just Like We Dreamed It 2007-2011.  :(

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

alternativerock123

Someone on the DisneyCentralPlaza forum gave this statement:

(Translated from French)
"In response to rumors about the cancellation of interactions at the show stop, I got information from a CM and he said that Disney had no intention whatsoever to remove them and stop the show going last the whole season of the Festival of Magic Moments"

100% Unsure if this is true or not. But I guess we'll have to wait and see if anything happens.  :?    :-"
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

gingajen

Has the parade been shortened at all? It seemed to be over a lot quicker than it was when we were there a couple of years ago.
I didn't think I would like the show stops and I was totally right. We ended up staring at the side of the Toy Story float for ages, and due to timing issues we were at the back of the crowd so the adults couldn't even see what was going on at street level (daughter was on daddy's shoulders and son was asleep in the pushchair). At least we could see everything on the floats as they went past, but we have no idea what went on when the floats stopped!

ford prefect

Quote from: "Festival Disney"How can they not have Just like we dreamed it in the showstop? The whole float audio loops system is based around that track... But, as long as Dancin' a catchy rythem doesn't return, I'm interested to see what transpires :P
I love Dancin a catchy rhythm!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

nathandgina

Hi All,

I returned to DLRP on Friday for the day to avoid the "Wedding" and my daughter joined the Princesses and Princes for a dance during the show stop.  It absolutely made her day, she is still smiling now!!
A great idea for a special moment!!!!!!!

Love it and hope it stays!!!!
the knack is to identify the correct place to stand and get there approx half an hour prior to the parade start time!!

Roll on 17th June!!

Nathan :D/

Hilary

I've no children to worry about joining in (or not!) but I always seem to fail at getting good photos of the Princesses on their floats - where's the best place to watch the parade to see their show stop?

Tuvok

Quote from: "fray101"I've no children to worry about joining in (or not!) but I always seem to fail at getting good photos of the Princesses on their floats - where's the best place to watch the parade to see their show stop?

The first Dreams of Romance showstop is in Fantasyland at Restaurant Bella Notte. The second Dreams of Romance showstop is at Central Plaza on the Adventureland/Frontierland side.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Hilary

Thanks, hopefully will get it right for once!

aliscrapper

Quote from: "ford prefect"
Quote from: "Festival Disney"How can they not have Just like we dreamed it in the showstop? The whole float audio loops system is based around that track... But, as long as Dancin' a catchy rythem doesn't return, I'm interested to see what transpires :P
I love Dancin a catchy rhythm!

I'm a big fan of Dancing a Catchy Rhythm too!  It's my favourite DLP track! :thumbs:

15MagicalYears

I don't like the idea or recycled music for the show-stops & I'd love to hear a completely new score but I know that is VERY unlikely. So I'm guessing either an older Dlp song or a song borrowed from over seas.

peter

I think from overseas is most likely. I saw something somewhere that all Disney park music gets shared around

littlemermaid83

I'll say it again, don't fix what ain't broke.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

candydog

I don't know, I don't think showstops work as well in DLP parades. Aside from the whole culture/participation thing, the design of the floats in Paris is very different to the floats in California for example.

Look at the floats in Paris over the years, they're huge, at least by comparison to the American Parks. Disneyland CA in particular has a rather small narrow parade route which means many of the floats are smaller and more "ground level" in terms of platforms characters stand on etc. If you watch parades in CA you often see characters casually stepping on and off floats and walking on the street during the parade. It makes the parade so grounded and accessible.

Paris on the other hand, has a wide parade route and features much larger floats, look at the earlier parades in Paris in the 90s for example, the floats and the characters on them tower over the people. Compare Cinderella's carriage for example: in the American parks she rides in a real-life carriage drawn by horses, small and simple, in Paris she used to ride in a Giant Pumpkin carriage with fake horses running on clouds in front. The parade is much more based on spectacle, it doesn't feel accessible to the audience and looks more like something you just want to watch rather than join in with.

Add to that the fact that the climate affects peoples' willingness to join in. When everyone's sat around on the hot dusty curb in CA, getting up and joining in feels easy, a bitter winter afternoon in Paris on the other hand means people are wrapped up, frozen and rather inhibited.

Yet Paris' larger parades have their advantages, or least they DID: remember when Prince Phillip used to actually fight the dragon and save Aurora during the Parade? And how Maleficent stood at the top of her tower on her float?
Spectacle and the detail within is the direction to go with the entertainment in DLP.