New DLRP video on Eurodisney.com

Started by Riebi, September 25, 2008, 03:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Euro Disney S.C.A. has a new corporate image video at their homepage:

//http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/index.xhtml

To take a look you must took your curser over jiminy and klick on the "Discover the resort"-Button.

What do you think about it? I must say I really like it! It has much more information then the old one.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for posting that link Riebi, the new video is very well made. There is a lot of fantastic new footage on there as well, which are really great, especially that shot of the 15th covered castle at Christmas from above :)

Anthony

Brilliant video. Makes you wonder why they don't advertise the resort with that kind of footage and that kind of proud, visionary, magical feel in their "public" marketing.

Is there a rule which says they can't use this kind of B-roll footage in their TV adverts? Some of the shots in there with a simple voiceover would surely be more effective (and cheaper) than the weird adverts for The Celebration Continues that don't really show much.

Riebi

I was thinking the same for the german market. We never saw any The Celebration Continues adverts (maybe cause we never saw any 15. birthday adverts or adverts of dlrp in general  :mrgreen: ) but it would be a great one.

It introduce the whole resort quiet well! Says all: 2 theme parks, hotels, entertainment and shopping complex and many other adventures. And how you said so nice: proud, visionary, magical.

So hope we get our big advert campain with this video as a base.  [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

This is a really good videoclip, but a little bit too long for advertisement. They only have to shorten the clip and it would be excellent. Why can't they produce a Resort DVD is such high quality.

Today I have watched the new Disneyland Resort DVD "Une Aventure Magique" and it is really bad. Really not worth the 20€. I know it's offtopic.

Willow

The narration reminds me of the opening montage from the 2002 holiday planning DVD that used to be available. In fact, I think some of that footage is from the DVD.

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "Willow"The narration reminds me of the opening montage from the 2002 holiday planning DVD that used to be available. In fact, I think some of that footage is from the DVD.

Yes - are you thinking of the same one as me? - the music during it was from Tarzan, and by Phil Collins - You'll be in my Heart.    As you say it was a similar type of film.

My youngest watched that DVD over and over and over and over...well I think you get the idea!.

Timbo

It is a great video,much better shots than the Celebration adverts
Thought the Eurodisney video really shows the scale of the resort,with some amazing aerial shots !

Willow

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"
Quote from: "Willow"The narration reminds me of the opening montage from the 2002 holiday planning DVD that used to be available. In fact, I think some of that footage is from the DVD.

Yes - are you thinking of the same one as me? - the music during it was from Tarzan, and by Phil Collins - You'll be in my Heart.    As you say it was a similar type of film.

My youngest watched that DVD over and over and over and over...well I think you get the idea!.

Yep thats the one im talking about.
Recently aquired it off the Internet, watched it so many times.

dagobert

Where did you get the DLRP Holiday Planning 2002 DVD??

ICHAPMAN

For a period of time - I think even as late as 2006 you could get hold of one if you requested a brochure from the official website.

Sadly these days all you get is the brochure.

davewasbaloo

Indeed it starts like the 2002 planning DVD, but towards the end with all the stats and Val D Europe, I loved it. 54 attractions, 56 shops, 69 restaurants, and 14 hotels!!!!  Cool.
since 2001 (many before that)

WDI1992

This is exactly what they should show more! why don't they use this type of advertisement for their TV ads... It's a wonderful clip showing what the Resort is all about, and this kind of thing appeals to adults just as well as to teenagers and children... A shame these things are only shown on the corporate site... shorten it and edit a bit and you have a perfect new tv and online add...  at least this shows the parks, resort and surroundings more...
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Maarten

Need Magic?  :wink:

Very impressive! Nice soundtrack in the background by the way.

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Very impressive! Nice soundtrack in the background by the way.
Yeah, good music, good footage, good effects on the way the letters disappear behind things in the shot.

Why do those DLRP-made trailers we always see on DVDs or on the public website not look like this? They always use bad footage and ill-fitting music from the POTC films or something.

I love the aerials of Disney Village and the Castle at Christmas. Wow.